Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
A Lawless Street 1955
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

A Weird combination of Randolph Scott and Angela Lansbury that's very effective and a jolly good western. A kind of Early Unforgiven and I can't help thinking that Clint Eastwood's character in Unforgiven was based on Randolph's Scott character in this film.......... Angela Lansbury character could almost be an early Jessica Fletcher because wherever she goes death follows......

The Tall T 1957
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

A superb brutal Western with Randolph Scott and Maureen O"Sullivan in a rare adult film as far removed from her Tarzan persona as you can get. And Richard Boone makes a great bad guy. Long overdue for a blu-ray release and before anyone asks. No I have no idea what the title means either........

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

A decent enough film with a glimpses of solid direction and a good cast.
However, like the first one- the film chooses to sacrifice it's own longevity as a film for quick quips and cheap laughs, and while I did laugh 4 times throughout the film- it isn't worth the repeated offenses of derailing the narrative flow of each scene, nor is it worth compromising the dramatic tone the film tries to take. The film is so tonally confused that it doesn't know whether it wants to be The Empire Strikes Back or Spaceballs- and ends up falling short on both accounts.

While the first "action" scene is brilliant, and while Kurt Russell's performance is solid- there is no substance in this film to pull this film above the ranks of mediocrity that so engulfs every film produced by Marvel.

Ghost in the Shell (2017)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

I have a feeling this may lose a star after mulling it over for a day or two... I think I was mostly just impressed with the visuals more than anything, and the fact it helped me appreciate the original film more, which I've personally never been a big fan of.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Ghost in the Shell (2017)
View attachment 310500 View attachment 310500 View attachment 310500 View attachment 310500 View attachment 310499

I have a feeling this may lose a star after mulling it over for a day or two... I think I was mostly just impressed with the visuals more than anything, and the fact it helped me appreciate the original film more, which I've personally never been a big fan of.

Don't forget about Clint Mansell's score!
That definitely added to it!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles