Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Some underused/unnecessary characters and a rather forgettable villain aside, Solo still delivered in the most important areas for me... the main one being Han and Chewy's bromance. Seriously, Ehrenreich nailed it as far as I'm concerned! Now all I need is a Chewbacca origin story and I can die a happy Star Wars nerd. :D

and I can die a happy Star Wars nerd.

Off course....

If they hadn't bloody well killed of Hans after 35 years of waiting for his character to return we could have had many more years of the real deal instead of this poor imitation

Off course....

If they hadn't bloody well killed of Hans after 35 years of waiting for his character to return we could have had many more years of the real deal instead of this poor imitation
Nah...

I felt the time was right to be honest... not only for the character, but also Ford himself -- he ran around like a cardboard cutout in Force Awakens, so I can't imagine his character would've been too exciting to watch if they'd dragged it on any longer. As for Ehrenreich's "imitation"... he made the role his own IMO, whilst keeping some of Han's mannerisms that we've come to know and love. Make way for the new generation I say! ;)

Tomb Raider (2018)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Actually quite enjoyable and true to the game, unlike the previous Turd Raider movies that I can't bear to ever watch again. Most importantly, Vikander played the perfect Lara, not only by looking the part, but also by putting her all into the role. I'd happily welcome a sequel!

The Night Strangler 1973
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This is the follow up to the Night Stalker in which Kolchak a reporter investigates what at the start seem to be a serious of brutal killings by a maniac but turns out to be something else. Without giving away the plot this a superb 90 minute horror TV movie which actually puts most horror to shame. Superb acting, superb cast (Any film with Margaret Hamilton has got to be worth a look!) This led to the short lived but excellent TV show......

Actually quite enjoyable and true to the game, unlike the previous Turd Raider movies that I can't bear to ever watch again. Most importantly, Vikander played the perfect Lara, not only by looking the part, but also by putting her all into the role. I'd happily welcome a sequel!

I agree to a point. I have found the Tomb Raider films all lacking in a decent plot and script. They never seem to me to go anywhere and I have still yet to be convinced of any 'game' making a successful transition to film. I can't as I am writing this think of any that worked. Unless someone here can enlighten me of one I missed.

I agree to a point. I have found the Tomb Raider films all lacking in a decent plot and script. They never seem to me to go anywhere and I have still yet to be convinced of any 'game' making a successful transition to film. I can't as I am writing this think of any that worked. Unless someone here can enlighten me of one I missed.
Yeah, it certainly wasn't perfect, but still much better than the Jolie ones IMO.

One I always really enjoyed was the 2007 Hitman with Timothy Olyphant.

Jurassic World the fallen kingdom - thought it was going to be bad but it was surprisingly good, overall a very entertaining summer blockbuster movie -
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Last watched The Dark Tower, I thought it was pretty average. The film wasn’t long enough and the story didn’t really have chance to get going.

4E78A9FF-88AA-48BA-B8D3-894B7023954C.png
4E78A9FF-88AA-48BA-B8D3-894B7023954C.png