wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
realsteel.jpg

Release date of January 16, 2012.

JSDVD - http://dvd.jsdvd.com/product_info.php?products_id=29132&language=us

YesAsia - http://www.yesasia.com/us/real-stee...-taiwan-version/1029445840-0-0-0-en/info.html

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
My copy just arrived today. It has the usual partial slip cover covering the top quarter and full back. It is a Viva case. The heading is covered, but does feel embossed. Its very smart looking. I will post a few pix when I get home.

Here are some pictures of the Taiwan Real Steel Viva Metal Case.
Also of the crushed shipping box. With all the bubble wrap they used, there was NO damage.

Attachments

• P1000072.jpg
    P1000072.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 150
  • P1000073.jpg
    P1000073.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 184
  • P1000074.jpg
    P1000074.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 152
  • P1000068.jpg
    P1000068.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 159
-----------------------------------------------------------------
got mine today. my box looks great :) as for the viva metal box, very poor quality control. upon peeling the plastic wrap, there are a lot of tinny scratches and smudges.

the title is the only part that is embossed. have inside artwork.

Thanks for the great pictures Elena. Please don't take this as a comment against your pictures but this Viva metal box just does not say, "Buy me for your collection!" The color palette chosen for this art work is poor and the spine, though clean, has the "wrong" font type for the title. Frankly I have quite disappointed.:(

Perhaps my mind and eyes have been conditioned by the art work of the Blufans' metal box.

Thanks for the great pictures Elena. Please don't take this as a comment against your pictures but this Viva metal box just does not say, "Buy me for your collection!" The color palette chosen for this art work is poor and the spine, though clean, has the "wrong" font type for the title. Frankly I have quite disappointed.:(

Perhaps my mind and eyes have been conditioned by the art work of the Blufans' metal box.

Thanks ash but I totally agree with you, and I don't know it's just me or anyone here have the same experience like I did, when I touch it, my fingerprint left everywhere EEK!

Received mine from a friend in Singapore. exact same as Taiwan release.

No problem with quality control (no scratches or marks on metal), and haven't noticed any fingerprints from me handling it.

Overall a nice addition to my metal packaging. I will be buying more movies as they become available.

Why are yes asia selling this as Real Steel (Blu-ray + DVD) (Steelbook) (Taiwan Version) ?
If I knew it was not a steelbook I would have cancelled my order.
Worse thing is it is still listed as one on the site

Hey Terry-I would drop them a line and tell them this. Often there is all kinds of cross listing with wrong terms for a while, because info is incorrectly send to the retailer from the distributor/studio.

Reactions: terry44
Oh well got a reply from Yes Asia about advertising it as a steelbook..

Dear Gavin ,
Thank you for shopping at YesAsia.com!
At the moment, we regret that we are unable to provide a reply to your query. However, rest assured that we have forwarded this issue to our relevant team for more information. We will promptly notify you once updates are available.
In the meantime, please kindly provide the photo of the item your received to [email protected] to see if the item is incorrect.
Once again, thank you very much for your continued support of YesAsia.com.

Yeas Asia finally emailed me back to tell me this (What a joke)

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for shopping at YesAsia.com!
Wth reference order no. 6634966, we have checked with our supplier and confirmed that correct item has been sent for item ' Real Steel (Blu-ray + DVD) (Steelbook) (Taiwan Version)'. Upon checking , item is same with the photo that we have shown on our website. You may consider to return item as unopened for YesAsia store credits refund if you do not wish to keep this item