Record Store Day 2017 - 10th Anniversary - April 22

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
cropped-rsd2017_10YEAR-banners_wide-color-hi.jpg

When?
April 22, 2017. Founded in 2007 this year marks the 10th Anniversary.
Where? Worldwide, at your local record store.
Why? To celebrate the culture of the independently owned record stores.
What to expect? A number of records are pressed specifically for RSD, with a unique list of releases for each country, and are only distributed to shops participating in the event. Most of the time there's also live concerts, barbeques or just a hang around and chat with fellow collectors at your record shop

List of RSD exclusive releases?

RSD US: HERE
RSD UK: HERE
RSD IRELAND: HERE
RSD GERMANY: HERE
RSD BELGIUM: HERE
RSD NETHERLANDS: HERE
RSD FRANCE: HERE
RSD MEXICO: HERE
RSD ITALY: HERE
RSD SPAIN: HERE
RSD AUSTRALIA: HERE

Official websites with news and a search engine for participating shops in your area:
Record Store Day US
Record Store Day UK
Record Store Day DE

Last edited:
The Theme from Blade Runner and Quatermass and the Pit. No chance but at least I'll try!

Totally forgot about Quatermass and the Pit. Maybe I'll get it too when I can find it.

I also added Thelonious Monk - Les Liaisons Dangereuses and Czarface - First Weapon Drawn to my list.

I was able to get Quatermass and the Pt and surprisingly Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields Forever (everyone was picking that up) but the Blade Runner one was gone within 2 minutes of the shop opening....... The guy at the counter told me that one was gone first. They had 20 copies and all gone within minutes. I was amazed that I got most of my stuff.....
The Shop was very very well organized and would recommended Head (the name of the shop) for anyone ever visiting it. Most people got what they wanted.

Would love to get the dark crystal, really want the Pineapple Express and space jam too and I fear I won't have much luck with those on the secondary market later in the year. Just have a feeling

I don't mind a bit of SIA, great song writer too. She's a bit of a female Es sheeran IMO - not the style but everything else

Ol Santana, my dads favourite band. Got a vinyl of theirs somewhere

Well good luck to all, and enjoy RSD
Also in for Sia-we're on line now:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885
I was able to get Quatermass and the Pt and surprisingly Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields Forever (everyone was picking that up) but the Blade Runner one was gone within 2 minutes of the shop opening....... The guy at the counter told me that one was gone first. They had 20 copies and all gone within minutes. I was amazed that I got most of my stuff.....
The Shop was very very well organized and would recommended Head (the name of the shop) for anyone ever visiting it. Most people got what they wanted.

Congrats on your pick-ups!

Sadly my most wanted record, Metropolis OST, was not available in any store. I visited five stores and all said to me they didn't even ordered it :blackeye: I really hope I can find it online at some point :confused: Same with Space Jam but it's a US release so there was anyway no chance I could get that today.

I bought the Blacula OST, the Thelonious Monk and the Czarface :)

FullSizeRender.jpg

Sure think Dan!

Thank you SO much :drool::drool::notworthy::notworthy: Have fun, good luck and enjoy the hunt!

Sadly my most wanted record, Metropolis OST, was not available in any store. I visited five stores and all said to me they didn't even ordered it :blackeye: I really hope I can find it online at some point :confused: Same with Space Jam but it's a US release so there was anyway no chance I could get that today.

Metropolis OST is already on ebay for stupid money as is Blade Runner....

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Metropolis OST is already on ebay for stupid money as is Blade Runner....

Quatermass was available at my store but I decided to pass since the Thelonious was quite expensive. The Blade Runner was also available, 5-6 copies. But I also passed on this. I think it was 25 EUR. Was too expensive for me for a typical RSD picture disc release.

Hey guys-if anyone goes to a US store and sees Dark Crystal, please buy it and I will pay you. The one thing I really really wanted and and it was gone. Thanks!

@dan8885 so so sorry-they only had a few and despite standing in line, they were sold out.

• Helpful Post
To be fair it's a big big day for the Independent Record shops and they have to met a very strict criteria to be part of the day so it's no surprise they make as much money as they can on the day. I'd say when I was there people were spending on average 300 quid a time. That's serious money for a small shop......

• Thanks
Hey guys-if anyone goes to a US store and sees Dark Crystal, please buy it and I will pay you. The one thing I really really wanted and and it was gone. Thanks!

@dan8885 so so sorry-they only had a few and despite standing in line, they were sold out.

No problem, thank you for looking out :notworthy::drool:

I feel sorry that you missed out on the Dark Crystal. I also didn't saw it in any of the five stores I went to.

But I scored a Metropolis OST for cost on discogs so maybe you're also lucky with the Dark Crystal. For example tomorrow there will be leftovers online at different sites, I think for the US especially Bullmoose and Fat Beats. Maybe you browse tomorrow the online record stores and get lucky too!

I feel sorry that you missed out on the Dark Crystal. I also didn't saw it in any of the five stores I went to.

But I scored a Metropolis OST for cost on discogs so maybe you're also lucky with the Dark Crystal. For example tomorrow there will be leftovers online at different sites, I think for the US especially Bullmoose and Fat Beats. Maybe you browse tomorrow the online record stores and get lucky too!

Do they do the same with the U.K.?

• Thanks

Thank you Dan, I did not know leftovers would be online. I will def check-thanks for the tip. I am not sure if Dark Crystal was actually released anywhere else but I still thank you for looking!

• Thanks
I have to admit I was surprised to get the Penny Lane / Strawberry Fields Forever Single. Even more surprising when everyone at the counter seemed to have a copy. Seemed to be the one single everyone was buying....... Enjoyed today but I'm glad it's only once a year. Totally zonked..........

Do they do the same with the U.K.?

I'm pretty sure in every country where RSD was there will be online shops who sell off their leftovers. You can also visit the participating stores in your city next week since most of the time they not put everything out, they fill up the shelfs multiple times over the day. So customers feel "lucky" when they grab the last copy of the shelf. So maybe they got some left you where looking for. Maybe something @digitalbabe is also worth for you to check.

Btw, did you picked up anything at all yesterday? @digitalbabe