52.4 KB · Views: 556
  • 10811500-1370443619-904587.jpg
    10811500-1370443619-904587.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 339
  • 10811500-1370443619-904578.jpg
    10811500-1370443619-904578.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 290
Last edited by a moderator:
ordered, now i only need four rooms and true romance to complete my tarantino collection :ohno:

True Romance is so awesome movie. I love Gary Oldman crazy character ( Drexl) and Dennis Hopper ( sicilian speech).:scat:

Four rooms is so funny, love it. :thumbs:

£5.99 - alright Zavvi, you got me. Better looking than the Petrol Can Edition if you ask me, so this'll replace that.
Now I'll have to get the Jackie Brown Steel as it's the only Tarantino film I have that's not in some kind of special packaging.

And gone!
Sold Out!!
hm not so sure,doing a quick search and nothing comes up at all for reservoir,yet if you still search for dusk the long sold out from dusk til dawn steelbook shows,who know's it could be sold out and i may be wrong but to me it looks more like something has gone balls up

It does appear to be sold out now, the £5.99 price point will have helped. That doesn't mean that it won't appear again sometime in the future though.

i remember this was 2.99,- for a very short time frame due to a pricing error, and since then sold out.

when i look at my copy now, it's not worth much more than this. it's in my personal top 3 "ugliest steelbooks of 2013".

i remember this was 2.99,- for a very short time frame due to a pricing error, and since then sold out.

when i look at my copy now, it's not worth much more than this. it's in my personal top 3 "ugliest steelbooks of 2013".

I got it when it was at £5.99 thinking, what's to lose?:dunno: Seeing it in hand I'd rather have the cash. It is without doubt the worst steelbook I own. An absolute travesty of a steelbook for a truly great film. I intend to replace it with the German edition sometime.

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Cheers for the heads up. Picked it up for about £8 with some points.

Unlucky. You've effectively just spewed all those hard earned points down the drain.

I got it when it was at £5.99 thinking, what's to lose?:dunno: Seeing it in hand I'd rather have the cash. It is without doubt the worst steelbook I own. An absolute travesty of a steelbook for a truly great film. I intend to replace it with the German edition sometime.

It could be so much better, I think it's probably the worst I own, but nevermind, I didn't have it on Blu Ray

I can't imagine you own many Steelbooks if this is the worst one you own. I got my copy for £5.99 too which is about what you would pay for an amaray copy. I would rather have a disappointing Steelbook than an amaray if they cost a similar amount of money.

Reactions: steelbobawny
It could be so much better, I think it's probably the worst I own, but nevermind, I didn't have it on Blu Ray

Yeah me too. Decent consolation to be fair.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

I can't imagine you own many Steelbooks if this is the worst one you own. I got my copy for £5.99 too which is about what you would pay for an amaray copy. I would rather have a disappointing Steelbook than an amaray if they cost a similar amount of money.

I have a modest collection of around 50. I only usually buy if in hand pics look good. The pics posted by some users here look photoshopped to me. Megabee's make it look white. In reality it is so so dull and looks like it was designed during some work experience kid's lunch hour. A really poor effort. :(

Blasphemy! Heathen!

Dude, you are straight trippin. I love this film too, and I think this Steelbook is BAD ASS. I'm a big Michael Madsen fan, so I'm loving the artwork. Sure the quality could always be a bit better, but this Steelbook :scat::scat::scat:

Check out my Tarantino Spines !

PIC HERE!

Dude! Your spines are sick fo'sure:scat:, but I try never to look at my RD steel...it's like a tangible manifestation of the concept of waste. Wasted money. Wasted material. Wasted opportunity. :(

If you compare RD to Jackie Brown they are worlds apart, both in (graphic) design and overall quality. JB is one of my favourites.

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
For anybody disappointed in this one there's a very nice one coming in January of next year which is listed as a MONDO X STEELBOOK, which means not a lot to me but will certainly be familiar to the international crowd.

Only just came across it while checking on the status of the 'Inside Out' steelbook on Zavvi's site.

It looks to be just what I'm looking for in a steelbook artwork-wise and could be the one to beat in 2016 ? (as January's 'Metropolis' is the one to beat this year . . . IMO, of course).

Do I need a triple-dip ?
No, of course not - what with the 2008 'petrol can' edition and the 2013 steel - but I've been meaning to dip my toe in the Mondo waters for some time now but was reluctant to buy directly from The States (stiff P&P) or from the auction site and it looks like I'll not have to do either now :)
"If Mohammed won't go to the mountain, the mountain must go to Mohammed"

GBP 23.74 though . . . gulp.

Mondo X steebooks have a separate web forum and its been around for over a year
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/forums/mondo-x-steelbook.280/

UK Zavvi Reservoir Dogs Mondo X thread is here
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...s-mondo-x-steelbook-zavvi-exclusive-uk.70289/
UK and USA/Canada releases are also in the main Mondo X thread
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/forums/mondo-x-steelbook.280/

The first UK release is with Zavvi Mondo X#13 Reservoir Dogs
The other releases you will find along with this release in the Mondo X thread

• Informative
Reactions: virkia and Sigill