52.4 KB · Views: 556
  • 10811500-1370443619-904587.jpg
    10811500-1370443619-904587.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 336
  • 10811500-1370443619-904578.jpg
    10811500-1370443619-904578.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 288
Last edited by a moderator:
True for online but instore they have to honor it. Ive done it a few times. They run and change the prices AFTER selling me mine. If its priced up on the shelf take a pic of the price ticket before you go to the tills then produce it and they always agree :scat:

Shops on the High Street
They don't have to reason for this is
1)Sometimes you get sneaky customers changing price stickers
2)Sometimes its a mistake make by staff
3)Genuine Price error made as in computer error in price labels and not noticed

There only obliged by law to sell at a price if it was clearly advertised instore as a promotion price or advert in magazine or newspaper or TV

When you arrive at the till and they notice a price error they can withdraw item from sale
Only if payment is taken do they have to accept price charged if a mistake only noticed after transaction is completed

Most shops although will honor a price mistake if its only small error in price (good customer service) and if its there mistake but by law they don't have to honor the price mistake

Unless its a advertised promotion as mentioned above
Even then they can withdraw from sale but would have to honor the price (as in at the till to take payment) before withdrawn from sale and not sell it again until after advertised end date of a promotion (You can often see this happen in a shop sorry were sold out)
Online is different as no contract of sale happens until payment is taken

I paid full price for this when released and I like it but if you managed to get it for £2.99 enjoy it and consider yourself lucky

Last edited:
Here in Peru we have something similar to what it's called BBB in the United States.

If a website shows a price, promotional or not, and you placed an order online and they accepted it (not processed), they should and must honor the price. It's not the customer's fault and whatever they have on their website as Terms & Conditions should not apply here.

I'm not sure if in UK there's something similar to this but as far as I know, when people have complained they have gotten what they ordered for the price they paid. It is the right thing to do anyways.

Wal-Mart recently had major price errors on their online store. Pricing things such a projectors for like $10. Wal-mart cancelled those orders. And just like now, there was a bunch of people saying "can't believe WM cancelled my price error order, I'm never shopping there again."

Last edited:
Well the 14.95 for my five copies was taken today so I guess Im lumbered with them plus the one I bought at full price.

This will probably be back up for sale soon if they aren't honouring the pricing mistake.

Will get one then. If not I'll just pick up an amaray of the Japanese release since it has a better transfer anyway.

This will probably be back up for sale soon if they aren't honouring the pricing mistake.

Will get one then. If not I'll just pick up an amaray of the Japanese release since it has a better transfer anyway.

look above pg is getting 5 of them :hilarious: bit like when people got jungle book for free,think they just want to get rid! no doubt will be on sale again

look above pg is getting 5 of them :hilarious: bit like when people got jungle book for free,think they just want to get rid! no doubt will be on sale again

I think some of the earlier ones may have been honoured since it was too late and they were already dispatched, but back one page people were saying their orders were cancelled. So there should be a few left unless they already went back up for sale and sold out (which I don't think but could be wrong).

I think some of the earlier ones may have been honoured since it was too late and they were already dispatched, but back one page people were saying their orders were cancelled. So there should be a few left unless they already went back up for sale and sold out (which I don't think but could be wrong).
all orders were defo cancelled,even pg said his was too,but they turned up :p
same happened with jungle book

My order was cancelled if you read back in the thread. Zavvi even emailed me from staff to confirm that. But then money was taken followed by 5 despatch emails so we will see but I am pretty confident they've been sent otherwise it would have been back up for sale by now, but well see, if they do turn up one is defo going up for a giveaway. I'll keep you posted.

Well just arrived home to what seemed like lots of barking but nope it was instead my 5 copies of RD. Fair play to Zavvi for honouring their mistake and well done to everyone who managed to grab a copy. I have some time off over the holidays so I plan to do a give away for a copy of RD. So may I take this opportunity to say happy Xmas to all members and staff of HDN and a big thanks as well for all of your help in 2013. May 2014 bring lots more steels which are mostly glossy.

Reactions: bigwednesday0
Well just arrived home to what seemed like lots of barking but nope it was instead my 5 copies of RD. Fair play to Zavvi for honouring their mistake and well done to everyone who managed to grab a copy. I have some time off over the holidays so I plan to do a give away for a copy of RD. So may I take this opportunity to say happy Xmas to all members and staff of HDN and a big thanks as well for all of your help in 2013. May 2014 bring lots more steels which are mostly glossy.
enjoy your 5 copies mate :naughty:

Awesome, I was charged and received the cancellation email too so hopefully mine is waiting for me at home. I wonder if Zavvi will refund the payment as per their email? :naughty:

Ill take one of your hands for £2.00 :D