52.4 KB · Views: 553
  • 10811500-1370443619-904587.jpg
    10811500-1370443619-904587.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 333
  • 10811500-1370443619-904578.jpg
    10811500-1370443619-904578.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 286
Last edited by a moderator:
I dig this film but it's not something I need a fancy steelbook for, I do have the gas can DVD and the Blu-ray, but I think I am set. If they drop to 6.99 than it would be very tempting to bite but I'd have to have a coupon.

Well you have to laugh. I thought the 2.99 was a mistake so I ordered five copies and cancelled immediately. I get an email saying sorry this order can't be cancelled. Ok. Zavvi then email me to say they have had to cancel my order due to a pricing error. Ok. I now get an email saying they have indeed despatched. Wtf. Oh well if they do turn up 5 copies for 14.95 is some cheap Xmas presents.

I'm pretty sure this goes against Trading Standards. They advertised the product for a particular price and if someone buys it then the retailer just has to live with it. By all means rectify the pricing for future customers, but don't cancel other people's legitimate orders. Zavvi has really pissed me off this weekend for other reasons too.

I'm pretty sure this goes against Trading Standards. They advertised the product for a particular price and if someone buys it then the retailer just has to live with it. By all means rectify the pricing for future customers, but don't cancel other people's legitimate orders. Zavvi has really pissed me off this weekend for other reasons too.

That's not correct. Zavvi and any other online retailer have the right to cancel any orders as an order is only an 'offer' to purchase the item and the retailer can reject it at any time. It's the same as if you see a mis-priced item in a shop, the shop can refuse to sell it to you and there's nothing you can do. I don't think anyone can complain in this instance, it was a clear mis-price. It will probably legitimately drop to £2.99 in a few weeks anyway :hilarious:

Reactions: digitalbabe

Not Correct
If the trader makes a genuine mistake when pricing something, they won’t have committed an offence. The trader doesn’t have to sell you the goods at that price
Note as no payment is taken until prepare for dispatch any contract of sale has not been completed until payment is taken
They can cancel the order at any stage if payment not been processed

Note for good customer services some retailers or online stores honour a price mistake but it will depend on how big the error was and sometime they won't honour a price as they don't have to

Last edited:
Hmmm, I suppose. I've never been a fan of Zavvi's customer service (or lack of) ever since I started buying from them and this just seems dishonourable to me, but that's just my opinion.

Hmmm, I suppose. I've never been a fan of Zavvi's customer service (or lack of) ever since I started buying from them and this just seems dishonourable to me, but that's just my opinion.

Well it does say mine have despatched so we will have to see. If they do turn up and anyone has missed out keep an eye out as I will host a giveaway. I really don't need 5 copes of RD in any format. Good film though.

I'm gonna be annoyed if people receive this after I posted it in the big sale thread.
Mine was cancelled :-(

Edit - 100th post :)

Last edited:
from Zavvi's very own T&C's on their webpage

In the unlikely event that the price shown on the checkout page is wrong, and we discover this before accepting your order in accordance with clause 9, we are not required to sell the goods to you at the price shown. We always try and ensure that the prices of goods shown on our Website are accurate, but occasionally genuine errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the goods that you have ordered we will let you know as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If you cancel your order and you have already paid for the goods, then you will receive a full refund.

if yours get shipped, your lucky then.

Here in Peru we have something similar to what it's called BBB in the United States.

If a website shows a price, promotional or not, and you placed an order online and they accepted it (not processed), they should and must honor the price. It's not the customer's fault and whatever they have on their website as Terms & Conditions should not apply here.

I'm not sure if in UK there's something similar to this but as far as I know, when people have complained they have gotten what they ordered for the price they paid. It is the right thing to do anyways.

I got a message saying they screwed up and would be offering a refund if the payment had been processed. The money has left my account but I also got a message the day later saying the item had been despatched... We'll see what happens...

Here in Peru we have something similar to what it's called BBB in the United States.

If a website shows a price, promotional or not, and you placed an order online and they accepted it (not processed), they should and must honor the price. It's not the customer's fault and whatever they have on their website as Terms & Conditions should not apply here.

I'm not sure if in UK there's something similar to this but as far as I know, when people have complained they have gotten what they ordered for the price they paid. It is the right thing to do anyways.

If anyone gets there order consider your very lucky
UK Law does says they don't have to honor the price if its a pricing error
Mistakes happen both online and in shops
At the till in a shop if a price error (genuine mistake) is noticed they can refuse to proceed with the sale and withdraw item for sale
Online if pricing error is noticed before payment is taken they can withdraw item for sale and cancel a order

UK Law
If the trader makes a genuine mistake when pricing something, they won’t have committed an offence. The trader doesn’t have to sell you the goods at that price

Note as no payment is taken until prepare for dispatch any contract of sale has not been completed until payment is taken
They can cancel the order at any stage if payment not been processed

Note for good customer services some retailers or online stores honour a price mistake but it will depend on how big the error was and sometimes they won't honour a price as they don't have to

A contact of sale does not happen until payment is taken

Last edited:
That's not correct. Zavvi and any other online retailer have the right to cancel any orders as an order is only an 'offer' to purchase the item and the retailer can reject it at any time. It's the same as if you see a mis-priced item in a shop, the shop can refuse to sell it to you and there's nothing you can do. I don't think anyone can complain in this instance, it was a clear mis-price. It will probably legitimately drop to £2.99 in a few weeks anyway :hilarious:

True for online but instore they have to honor it. Ive done it a few times. They run and change the prices AFTER selling me mine. If its priced up on the shelf take a pic of the price ticket before you go to the tills then produce it and they always agree :scat:

True for online but instore they have to honor it. Ive done it a few times. They run and change the prices AFTER selling me mine. If its priced up on the shelf take a pic of the price ticket before you go to the tills then produce it and they always agree :scat:

That's probably just good customer service, i'm pretty sure they can refuse to sell it to you.