Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: April 4, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99

Best Buy Exclusive:
4-disc set with exclusive SteelBook packaging (Blu-ray 3D + two Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD + SteelBook packaging)

GwBMyg4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not the only one, but you are in the minority on a Blu-ray Steelbook forum.

Physical media will always trump digital streaming IMO, and this is coming from an occasional Netflix user. Quality bitrate and packaging. :thumbs:

The UHD streaming is great, I have 40 megs in my house I get amazing quality streaming and I never have to put in a disc and I have over 600 movies in my vudu library its amazing and convenient. I get so pissed off when I have to actually put a disc in my bluray player.

The only physical media I buy anymore is steelbooks, if its not in steel I just straight opt for the digital alone. Steelbooks are the only thing that keeps me buying physical media or I would abandon it completely.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Just put in for this and preordered La La Land to bump into free shipping. Come on early delivery!

• Thanks
Reactions: Brett_S
definitely a massive print run which is boggling cos I'd thought BB learnt from TFA where copies are still available in most stores lol
would be smart for BB/Disney to peg the price @ $19.99 lol

Now sold out online. Does anyone else think that they will print this in the same quantities as the other Star Wars US steelbooks? Meaning this will still be available in stores a few years from now? :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Brett_S
It must be your area. Because I just ordered. Sorry.

I'm sure they will have it available again. It's mass production just like Episode 8.

I hope so, just wondering if anyone had any definitive answer about the production run. Thanks for the info.

I'm curious to see if this one sells out.
The Force Awakens Steelbook is still available at most Best Buy locations, and that film was leaps and bounds better than Rogue One.
I wonder if they've limited their print run since then, or if people actually like this movie.

The latter would most certainly be confusing to my brain. xD

The latter would most certainly be confusing to my brain. xD

Sorry for confusing your brain, then. ;)
I prefer RO over TFA any day. That is not to say TFA is a bad movie (I do enjoy it, too), but it certainly lacks the originality I was expecting in a new installment of the "Episodes". It's kinda funny to compare what little and circumscribed story RO was based on and how it turned out and how much more narrative freedom Episode VII had and what they actually came up with. Despite the tight storyline corset RO felt fresher and more inspired than TFA, at least to me.

• Thanks
Reactions: ethnosax
Inside sources have confirmed 50+ steels will be shipped to most stores
This is not in any danger of selling out and BB is just trying to create artificial demand by showing SOLD OUT online. Should be easy to get copies in store. If you miss out, send me a PM.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: JCC and dfoles