Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: April 4, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99

Best Buy Exclusive:
4-disc set with exclusive SteelBook packaging (Blu-ray 3D + two Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD + SteelBook packaging)

GwBMyg4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rogue One in 3D was pointless in the theater, so I'm not really surprised. Although it's a bit disappointing to read your assessment, because usually 3D tends to work better at home (cinemas).

I realize why this steel is sold in most stores in North America. There's no 3D amaray version available. Pretty nifty strategy by Disney, though the release week price is also pretty good (I hope WB is paying attention). I won't be surprised to see some availability online next week though.

I'm actually super-surprised that this sold out. Shocked, really.

Based on how many copies of the other 7 Star Wars films are STILL AVAILABLE for purchase at Best Buy stores- many of them heavily discounted.
And from what I understand, most stores received the same amount of copies of Rogue One as they had for the other Star Wars films.

What's up with that? Rogue One isn't the best Star Wars film by a substantial margin- so I've got to assume that the reason for the sell-out is because the artwork is utter trash like how the other 7 Star Wars Steelbooks have horrible designs. Is that it?

Based on how many copies of the other 7 Star Wars films are STILL AVAILABLE for purchase at Best Buy stores- many of them heavily discounted.
And from what I understand, most stores received the same amount of copies of Rogue One as they had for the other Star Wars films.

What's up with that? Rogue One isn't the best Star Wars film by a substantial margin- so I've got to assume that the reason for the sell-out is because the artwork is utter trash like how the other 7 Star Wars Steelbooks have horrible designs. Is that it?

They didn't print 100,000 copies

Reactions: SonicBoom
They didn't print 100,000 copies

lol, they learnt their lesson and I think Disney eased up on the greed
With the money they made from TFA, Disney was charging $24.99 for a 2D only steel for a large print run
This time, a 3D disc was included and @ $24.99, it was considered a bargain
it also got boosted by the fact that only BB Steel and Target exclusives had the 3D disc in North America

lol, they learnt their lesson and I think Disney eased up on the greed
With the money they made from TFA, Disney was charging $24.99 for a 2D only steel for a large print run
This time, a 3D disc was included and @ $24.99, it was considered a bargain
it also got boosted by the fact that only BB Steel and Target exclusives had the 3D disc in North America

I wonder how long until they release the amaray 3D release for the movie and if they'll make a big deal out of it.

Just because you don't rate the movie very highly yourself, doesn't mean everybody else thinks that ;)

I think it's up there with the best.

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark and JCC
Just because you don't rate the movie very highly yourself, doesn't mean everybody else thinks that ;)

I think it's up there with the best.

I enjoyed rewatching Rogue One more than rewatching TFA. I like the "classic" SW era which Rogue One expanded upon as well as the awesome battle scene at the end. The dog fights were especially well done.

• Thanks
Reactions: lights
I enjoyed ROGUE ONE, but it lacked the mysticism of the other films.

Not surprised this sold out at all.

If Disney was smart, they would be prepping a 3D amaray release right now to capitalize on the demand.

I enjoyed rewatching Rogue One more than rewatching TFA. I like the "classic" SW era which Rogue One expanded upon as well as the awesome battle scene at the end. The dog fights were especially well done.

I enjoy rewatching TFA, in fact i watched it at the cinema twice, first time i have ever done that! I think its great.