Schindler's List

Would you purchase a 'Schindler's List' Steelbook?

• Yes

Votes: 175 81.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 9.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 19 8.8%

• Total voters
This could be a wonderful steelbook if done in a similar style to the Masters of Cinema releases. Nothing fancy, just a top quality paint job on a decent thickness of steel. Throw in an extensive booklet and you've got something worthy of the film. It might even be better to release something similar to The Passion of Joan of Arc with a steel and a separate thick booklet housed in a sturdy slipcase.

Having said that, I voted 'no' in the poll. I've got the excellent digibook and am unlikely to double-dip. I'd be tempted if they released something along the lines I described but that would also put the price up.

I'm surprised it's not out yet...:movie:

It' cos they're too busy churning out steels that people don't particularly want like Fast & Furious 6, the Die Hards, the Fifth Element, Withnail & I, Conan, Close Encounters, Daredevil, various rereleases (like Star Trek)...I could go on...

...I don't have a particular problem with any of these - if they want to release them, fine - but release them after more in-demand movies such as Schindler and American Psycho have been catered for first.

Knowing how anal Spielberg is about this movie (and rightfully so), I don't expect to see this get any kind of re-release or new special edition other than what's already out. He doesn't like selling this movie in anyway to the point where he won't even sign a poster from the movie. He finally put it out on blu ray and fully restored it and that's most likely all we are going to get.

So a load of new releases have been announced with milestone anniversaries (The Killing Fields 30th Anniversary, This Is Spinal Tap 30th Anniversary, Bill & Ted's 25th Anniversary) - but STILL. NO. SCHINDLER.

It's a milestone anniversary year (20th) of Schindler's List, it is still statistically the No.1 most wanted steelbook on this site, and yet there is not even a whisper of it.

It's madness I tells ya :confused: Somebody please tell me something positive!!!

Deserving of steelbook treatment with out a doubt, would I buy it - don't know. it's very depressing, but I'm glad the movie was made and I had the honour of watching an amazing film like this.

Reactions: harry