Searching For Sugar Man (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.9) [Korea]

Which one will you buy?

• Type A

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Type B

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Both

Votes: 24 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release Date : July 29th, 2015 (Pre-order date is June 26th, 2015)
Purchase links:
Dual Pack - SOLD OUT
Full Slip Type A (300 Limited print run for International customers) - SOLD OUT
Full Slip Type B (300 Limited print run for International customers) - SOLD OUT
Price : $33.5 (individual) - $65 (dual pack)

Pre-order date time table - Thanks @AnubisNefer

O7cR461l.png

SUGARMAN_A.jpg

11144471_706817109462774_8542081616764374842_o.jpg

Dualpack_SUGARMAN.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking at the work PA did on Melancholia or La vie d'Adèle compared to this... and it confirms this is extremely lazy and uninspired :(.

PA seems to have dropped the ball lately (Only Lovers & Ida only have one inspired choice each), this confirms it. It happens to the best, evidently.

I can't condone that, and I couldn't possibly have any less interest in this title to begin with, so much like King of Pigs (awful pick), I cannot churn out money to buy it.

I'll live with my collection not including #003 and #009 (and I wanted to say #011 too because I don't like Om Shanti Om, but the slipboxes look spectacular, let's see what they're like in the flesh and what the rest of the package is like).

Last edited:
Reactions: harry
great story, great movie, great soundtrack + PA release = instant purchase! i will be there the second it goes online and place my order.
btw. i don't think this artwork looks lazy or uninspired at all. it's just a mockup and i'm absolutely sure they will do the right thing with a nice
slipcover surface, embossing, colours,...

View attachment 162840

"Searching for Sugar Man"? Well look no further HDN here I am! :woot: :D

Never heard of this film! :confused: The title has me intrigued :naughty: :thumbs:

Hmm:cautious::squint: they meant the real Sugar Man my friend :naughty::p:D. Just kiding my friend ;), like you i never watch it or heard of it. And to tell you the truth the packaging could have being better. Maybe they will change it :cigar:
Anyway i will keep an eye :watch:

great story, great movie, great soundtrack + PA release = instant purchase! i will be there the second it goes online and place my order.
btw. i don't think this artwork looks lazy or uninspired at all. it's just a mockup and i'm absolutely sure they will do the right thing with a nice
slipcover surface, embossing, colours,...

Exactly, if you look closely there is alot of things happening. Design wise they can do alot with the effects shown. Embossing, thicker paper, relief (look at the design), multi layer printing, etc. It's not lazy at all. This is just a digital conversion. Look at Only lovers, it was flat and pretty dull with no effects whatsoever and when they released the real pictures, everyone's jaw dropped due to the hotfoil pressing on the letters.

It's lazy to assume that PA will not do something special based on a digital version of a real product. This is gonna look great, i know it.

Idea:
It would be cool if the man walking would be lenticular. So that when you turn it from side to side, the effect is that he is really walking ;-) (PLAINARCHIVE ARE YOU READING THIS ;-)

I copped the german amaray at release. Love me a good music flick and this was a really awesome story!

I get what you'll say with the comparison to melancholia or BITWC. I got the same feeling with Only lovers left alive but I think thats why its not propaganda artwork.
His artwork was the thing the Slips got their unique style and with this release and the last announcements the artworks are more "worldwide" like Only lovers left alive with german amaray artwork for type A.
Anyway, PA will do their special treatment to the paper so it will be unique and definitively worth a purchase.
And with "Deux jours, une nuit" the Propaganda Artwork will come back and it will bring the old PA feeling back :thumbs:

On the bigger pic from Tumblr it looks like all the lettering is Debossed and the front cover seems to have texture! It would be cool if PLAIN used the same slipcover finish as "How The Grinch That Stole Christmas" to create a almost 'sugar' effect of the Slip! It's a little ambitious BUT it can be done.. It would only have to be a slightly heavier coating than PA's Blue Is The Warmest Colour Edition! Regardless, I know the finish product will be elite as always! #INJUNOWETRUST

this is plain archive we are talking about, they will come out with some crazy texture or some crazy embossing/debossing or crazy caligraphy like melancholia or rust and bone.look at every single plain archive release, every single one is so unique and they try to better themselves everytime. everytime they have showed a final product everyone has creamed themselves :D

not every single release can look like the original melancholia

i dont have any doubts that this will look fantastic. yellow/gold and black plain archive stickers for this :D

I just hope it goes as smooth as OLLA went for the pre order!:) I have no doubt that this will be a great product, their the best team in the business!!!! They keep knocking them down and I'll keep buying :)...

Reactions: AnubisNefer
I just hope it goes as smooth as OLLA went for the pre order!:) I have no doubt that this will be a great product, their the best team in the business!!!! They keep knocking them down and I'll keep buying :)...

But...at what time? :watch:

I am pretty sure it will go smooth as OLLA. Its not a popular title as ZDT.
And the time of preorder , 10AM korea time at facebook

Last edited: