Release Date: August 6th, 2012
Buy Links:
Play.com
Amazon UK

32029185_500x500_1.jpg

32029185_500x500_2.jpg

32029185_500x500_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks even better in hand... nice and clean with awesome artwork.

These horizontal steels with debossing look fantastic! They can really spread the artwork out which makes them stand out from most vertical steels IMO.

Made a quick video

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBJdQh45ymg

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

This looks even better in hand... nice and clean with awesome artwork.

These horizontal steels with debossing look fantastic! They can really spread the artwork out which makes them stand out from most vertical steels IMO.

Does you copy have low res faces? Next to my dvd and HD-DVD sleeves the art is very low res on this.

The front on mine looks low-res too (well, I don't think it's low res as such, but the characters in the background are so small that the faces are just not full of detail).

But they are very small on the DVD and HD-DVD I have and they are clear on those. But very washed out and low res like on the steelbook.

Does you copy have low res faces? Next to my dvd and HD-DVD sleeves the art is very low res on this.

The front on mine looks low-res too (well, I don't think it's low res as such, but the characters in the background are so small that the faces are just not full of detail).
Hmm it's hard to say. Having a closer look, I can kind of see what you mean mate, but personally I wouldn't say it's low-res... I agree more with what Simon said. Plus I think the finish and the fact it's printed on metal makes the image quality look a little weak compared to the DVD and/or Blu-ray paper sleeves.

Reactions: JAMESTALKALOT
Made a quick video

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBJdQh45ymg

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

watching your video makes me want to forget about studying and do an all nighter of the firefly series... and then serenity when dave sends it to me :)

Hmm it's hard to say. Having a closer look, I can kind of see what you mean mate, but personally I wouldn't say it's low-res... I agree more with what Simon said. Plus I think the finish and the fact it's printed on metal makes the image quality look a little weak compared to the DVD and/or Blu-ray paper sleeves.

Just a little disappointing as the faces look like a bit of a splodge. By low res I mean DPI and there's not enough DPI to get that fine detail. Still like it though. (better than Iron Man steels *whispers* lol :hilarious: )

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

watching your video makes me want to forget about studying and do an all nighter of the firefly series... and then serenity when dave sends it to me :)

:D Study time should be banned :D:movie::hilarious: Unless you're studying movies :cool: