spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: April 28, 2017 May 19, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Blu Box Pre-order live January 6, 2017
Price: £25.99 (EU) - £21.66 (ROW) - £27.99 (EU) - £23.33 (ROW) - £59.99 (EU) - £49.99 (ROW)

Full Slip | Lenticular Slip | Blu Box

fullset.jpg set-1.jpg set4-1.jpg
SotD.jpg
SotD (inside).jpg
SotD (back).jpg
SotD (Full slip).jpg
SotD (Lenticular).jpg
SotD (Blu Box).jpg

upload_2016-12-30_15-38-9-png.284008

Last edited:
I sold my CA version in anticipation of this. Probably stick it on the shelf somewhere and sell it to anyone who's interested.

With all the recent pics I'm considering going for the fullslip. Like how the blubox turned out. I also think the prices are fairly inexpensive for a premium release.

The only positive thing it's local to uk to order directly with cheaper shipping and no customs to worry about

well i just got mine i think the box is great lovely debossing, the red and white work very well together and i do like the big title on the spine, haven't opened it but only thing I've noticed is slips move around in the box not a problem but prefer them to not move,shall open and examine in detail later but not looking too bad on 1st impression.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
What? How does this no longer feel like a U.K. release?

I may as well be in Australia the way they arranged the delivery, was no real order to it like they claimed (discussed earlier in the thread), enjoy your release for those that kept it, I'm done talking about this.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
It's quite clear they're sitting on the living room floor each night boxing up as many as the space on the floor will allow then spending all that time going through my hermes website putting the individual details through for each delivery. It's quite time consuming. I sold like 50 funkos last month and did this also and it is very time consuming. And that was only 50 packages

It's quite clear they're sitting on the living room floor each night boxing up as many as the space on the floor will allow then spending all that time going through my hermes website putting the individual details through for each delivery. It's quite time consuming. I sold like 50 funkos last month and did this also and it is very time consuming. And that was only 50 packages
But I bet you didn't take the money 5 months before shipping them out.

• Thanks
Reactions: sunnyx and Covcraig
I'm out of this one guys, I decided after thinking it through, to me this no longer felt I was buying a UK release, also the comments about the actual release in hands helped me decide I no longer want it.

The cancelling and refund of the order was done quickly by Everthingblu, should they make adjustments and things improve I will consider them again, until then my money goes on standard release movies and a steelbook release now and then.
Hey guys, stop cancelling. If EverythingBlu has to refund all that money how are they going to have enough money and time to send me my full slip before 2017 is in the history books?:p

Reactions: yeslek
Looking at the whole picture, a part of me does feel sorry for EB being a small team and new retailer. They tried to get this exclusive to us which we would be happy with. They had the right idea but somewhere a long the line things did not go as planned and went sour (edit - not just delays, quality of the product what we were buying and advertised changed). Now we are moving onto the third week for dispatches...., after two delays and three months of waiting prior to that.
A lot of us want to support EB, give them a chance that they are a new retailer and be patient and give them the opportunity to develop, grow improve on the quality of it.

But on the flip side of it, if they can't cut it and deliver, they shouldn't be doing this in the first place. It puts themselves in this very difficult position where they be open to criticism, negative and constructive feedback which loses confidence and morale in any business, and scrutinised under the microscope. Assuming they are trying their hardest to get these out, I really think they don't have the resources, financial backing to do these big exclusives. It makes steelbook collecting look bad.

I may have been very critical in the past, but that is one for reason, feedback so the company can improve. Without feedback how does a company learn? Exactly.

I wish EB all the best but if you can't cut it where it count's, don't do it.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: milky and Hereticz
@sunnyx
Then so should Amazon, Zavvi and FilmArena stop.
I had quite some issues with Amazon.....although ordered with Prime I am still waiting for a second replacement steelbook. Probably next week. Prime delivery is two days. They refuse to send it as a package with tracking. I have no idea why not as for other times they always did.

Zavvi had announced the ZBOX GOTG limited edition. Got an email that they have no clue when it's going to be delivered. Should have been 2 weeks ago.

The Passengers box #73 from filmarena was delayed for a week. After seeing it in stock for a few days I decided to write an email when it's going to be shipped. Promptly I got an email it's being shipped.

Every company has it's issue, small or big.
I am not saying it's ok, it's just an observation.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
@sunnyx
Then so should Amazon, Zavvi and FilmArena stop.
I had quite some issues with Amazon.....although ordered with Prime I am still waiting for a second replacement steelbook. Probably next week. Prime delivery is two days. They refuse to send it as a package with tracking. I have no idea why not as for other times they always did that.

Zavvi had announced the ZBOX GOTG limited edition. Got an email that they have no clue when it's going to be delivered. Should have been 2 weeks ago.

The Passengers box #73 from filmarena was delayed for a week. After seeing it in stock for a few days I decided to write an email when it's going to be shipped. Promptly I got an email it's being shipped.

Every company has it's issue, small or large.
I am not saying it's ok, it's just an observation.

It's not just the delays, its the changes made, the quality inferior, payment 3 months in advance, 2 extra delays, now moving third week of dispatch...
It's not just about delivering the product. It's everything.

If you want more information go back and read all the posts.

• Thanks
Reactions: milky
It's not just the delays, its the changes made, the quality inferior, payment 3 months in advance, 2 extra delays, now moving third week of dispatch...
It's not just about delivering the product. It's everything.

If you want more information go back and read all the posts.

I have read all the posts and I understand you perfectly. I am not saying things couldn't be better. I honestly think their intentiones were sincere. I don't think they started a new company with the idea let's make a big mess of it.
By now they have learned really a lot.
I know from experience when you create something you will face a lot of challenges and you have to make decisions and because of that you will lose customers.
You can't make everybody happy. They lost you as a customer, but still have others which like the product.

And no I don't work for them! :) I also haven't ordered the product. I simply read this thread to learn for myself.

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
I have read all the posts and I understand you perfectly. I am not saying things couldn't be better. I honestly think their intentiones were sincere. I don't think they started a new company with the idea let's make a big mess of it.
By now they have learned really a lot.
I know from experience when you create something you will face a lot of challenges and you have to make decisions and because of that you will lose customers.
You can't make everybody happy. They lost you as a customer, but still have others which like the product.

And no I don't work for them! :) I also haven't ordered the product. I simply read this thread to learn for myself.

Thanks for clarifying you have read my posts, a lot of people defending EB appear to think that the only issue is delays when there are other issues going on behind closed doors. It's your reference mentioning a week delay with Passengers and Zavvi delayed with GOTG Box which confused me? It's not really an alternative scenario and example to give. A week delay with Passengers is not 2 months of extra delays, 3 months payment in advance, and moving onto 3rd week of dispatch? No. And Zavvi GOTG delayed by 2 weeks, again you didn't pay 5 months up in advance? No. Those examples can be discarded as they appeared to be genuine delays from well established retailers, not a new struggling retailer.

I think they lost more than just one customer lol :rofl: Some people like, some people don't. But the factor you need to consider is if Person A is not fit to do Job Y, should they be in the Job? Or continue to struggle?

It took Blufans over 3 years to get their act together.
Can't comment on that Todd as I didn't collect and follow all the releases from Blufans or which time period you are focusing on. But I do know that a lot of their steels have high number of QC control issues just like most Asian premium retailers. Their slips are naff but back then there wasn't as much competition so that was different.