spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: April 28, 2017 May 19, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Blu Box Pre-order live January 6, 2017
Price: £25.99 (EU) - £21.66 (ROW) - £27.99 (EU) - £23.33 (ROW) - £59.99 (EU) - £49.99 (ROW)

Full Slip | Lenticular Slip | Blu Box

fullset.jpg set-1.jpg set4-1.jpg
SotD.jpg
SotD (inside).jpg
SotD (back).jpg
SotD (Full slip).jpg
SotD (Lenticular).jpg
SotD (Blu Box).jpg

upload_2016-12-30_15-38-9-png.284008

Last edited:
I do not like the long waiting time.

I still have some issues with this whole concept. First get the money...then take something in production and then sell it.
When you already have a prototype and then start selling it, I know exactly what I am getting.
Yes, the prototype costs money, but in a worst case scenario, you can throw it away. When you start a business you have to take some risks.....if you believe in the product, it should not be an issue AND you have done the research if people will buy it.

When I read the posts about the limited card number change of material I immediately thought it was done to cut the costs. Printing on "metal" (aluminium), each with a different number, really costs a lot of money.
If you would have done a prototype, you know exactly what the (total) price is going to be.

But you are still planning on buying this? As you can see there have been some cancellations so there be a good chance you can snag this when it is back in stock.

They should relist the cancellations at some point. So anyone missed out before shouldnt run to ebay with huge pricetags and pay for that

Contacted EB on facebook after the suggestion of guysbon here and had a shipping email before the end of that day...tracking says shipping expected tomorrow.

On,y have the lenti, and if these issues are just teething problems, with the product beig good enough, i'l bite again for hot fuzz.

However, the clear curve on the box of the one click is a massive flaw for me - can members confirm if its as flimsy as it looks?
Only have te FAC Deadpool box to compare but thats damn solid with no curve visible (might help that there is no gap like there is with SotD)

if your gonna sell this on eBay for £199.99 buy it now and advertise NEW then at least make sure it's unopened, someone needs to tell the guy on eBay once they've opened it far as I'm concerned that aint new,lol. good luck getting £199.99 but there is some wally watching it:LOL:

if your gonna sell this on eBay for £199.99 buy it now and advertise NEW then at least make sure it's unopened, someone needs to tell the guy on eBay once they've opened it far as I'm concerned that aint new,lol. good luck getting £199.99 but there is some wally watching it:LOL:
those are stock pictures from the EB website, not even his pictures

Dunno what all the fuss is about. It's a crap steelbook for a movie that lets face it, no one was really dying to have in our collection again. I think the anticipation of something is sometimes greater than the satisfaction of having it.. Steelbook packages announced.. Hype hype hype.. When the arrive, subpar. What could they really do with Shaun of the Dead anyway,same for the other two. Plenty better British movies they could have focused on

My feelings exactly. And quite honestly, the steelbook community as well IMO. I kinda feel this way for the cornetto trilogy thing. There will be buyers but not a slam dunk success. With so much left in stock, I don't think it bodes well for the others ( Hot Fuzz and Worlds End ) Coupled with how badly this seems to have gone so far, I'm happy to put my funds elsewhere more appealing and more straightforward.

Dunno what all the fuss is about. It's a crap steelbook for a movie that lets face it, no one was really dying to have in our collection again. I think the anticipation of something is sometimes greater than the satisfaction of having it.. Steelbook packages announced.. Hype hype hype.. When the arrive, subpar. What could they really do with Shaun of the Dead anyway,same for the other two. Plenty better British movies they could have focused on

My feelings exactly. And quite honestly, the steelbook community as well IMO. I kinda feel this way for the cornetto trilogy thing. There will be buyers but not a slam dunk success. With so much left in stock, I don't think it bodes well for the others ( Hot Fuzz and Worlds End ) Coupled with how badly this seems to have gone so far, I'm happy to put my funds elsewhere more appealing and more straightforward.

The Cornetto trilogy is hugely popular here in the UK, and have a cult following. Shaun still has midnight showings for fans in many cities especially at Halloween and they are always sold out. Its an English thing, so its fitting that an English company would pick these as their first release.

If and when Hot Fuzz and Worlds End get released, the hardbox of SOD will shoot up in value. Those that join late in the game for HF and WE will want the missing trilogy and will go up in value. There are only 500 made. The lenti's / full slips won't sell that well. It just be the Hardbox in time. Just because you didn't like the movie, or don't think what the big fuss is, as @psychoscot has stated, these movies are very popular in UK.

The Cornetto trilogy is hugely popular here in the UK, and have a cult following. Shaun still has midnight showings for fans in many cities especially at Halloween and they are always sold out. Its an English thing, so its fitting that an English company would pick these as their first release.

It's the same with the English WWA marvel steels. They always seem to sell and fetch more than the other european countries. As I explained before, it's an english thing, a tradition that you get and support the original UK release. I guess that's why everyone is so fussy about our football international english mangers lol

Reactions: psychoscot
those are stock pictures from the EB website, not even his pictures
yeah they've used some stock photo's but first 2 are the box front and back can't remember seeing them before they look like normal photo's not beauty shot's but i could be wrong even if they are £199.99 is a tad optimistic,lol;)

yeah they've used some stock photo's but first 2 are the box front and back can't remember seeing them before they look like normal photo's not beauty shot's but i could be wrong even if they are £199.99 is a tad optimistic,lol;)

Yeah thats a dumb price. It will never sell for that when there are others listed for £120. Steelbookcentral has sold out.

I do not doubt its popularity in the UK at all. Looking at this thread, the buzz was definitely there for most in the UK. It is however my view that this as a first exclusive really limited their ability to elevate themselves and their company to the worldwide audience. There are many films that have cult followings but that doesnt mean it is a good business decision to try and profit of its popularity. Obviously there was some success with the one click but the others are still in stock and with cancellations, it deprives EB the funds it needs to make this venture worthwhile. The stockpile is simply capital that cant be spent elsewhere and at some point will have to be liquidated if the sales don't improve.

I do not doubt its popularity in the UK at all. Looking at this thread, the buzz was definitely there for most in the UK. It is however my view that this as a first exclusive really limited their ability to elevate themselves and their company to the worldwide audience. There are many films that have cult followings but that doesnt mean it is a good business decision to try and profit of its popularity. Obviously there was some success with the one click but the others are still in stock and with cancellations, it deprives EB the funds it needs to make this venture worthwhile. The stockpile is simply capital that cant be spent elsewhere and at some point will have to be liquidated if the sales don't improve.

I would say the hardboxes will go up in value due to its low qty. The singles not that much. 4,000 print run is evidently too high, especially for a new retailer that is yet to really settle in the premium market and set a bar for themselves. A more appropriate print run would had been 2000.

I would say the hardboxes will go up in value due to its low qty.

Perhaps in a very small window before if is forgotten as one amongst the many other releases out there. As for value, the fact that the singles did not do well significantly holds the hardbox from going up even with the lower quantity

Perhaps in a very small window before if is forgotten as one amongst the many other releases out there. As for value, the fact that the singles did not do well significantly holds the hardbox from going up even with the lower quantity

It be the cornetto trilogy that will drive up the value, if and when they are released so I fail to see how it will be 'forgotten as many other releases'. If and when Hot Fuzz and World's End are all released as Hardboxes and the value goes up, I will be sure to bump up your post :D If EB don't release these, or the mummy box is complete trash, then fans will have a very difficult decision to continue to support and gamble on their next line ups.