snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: January 11th, 2016
Purchase link: hmv.com
Price: £19.99
HDN Group Buy: Click HERE <( for 1, 2 or 3 series or Abominable Bride)

01-194707.jpg

Last edited:
The extras will also be included in series box sets @lights

It is a money making scheme and an obvious one
The box set later on won't be a steelbook. Those who have the series in steelbook format will want this to go with their existing steelbooks (like myself). I have no interest in the non-steelbook box set down the line. So, if you already have the Italian steelbook of series 1-3, or the new series 1-3 standalone steelbooks, this is a logical addition.

Don't a lot of these HMV exlusives eventually stop being exclusive, and end up on Zavvi or Amazon uk for less? Or is it a fool's dream to think these might drop in price at all?

Don't a lot of these HMV exlusives eventually stop being exclusive, and end up on Zavvi or Amazon uk for less? Or is it a fool's dream to think these might drop in price at all?
It will depend on how long they have the exclusive for
Some releases retailer exclusives can be for 1-3 months or 6 months or 1 Year and some don't have a end period as in remain a retailer exclusive
Sometimes though a retailer that has a exclusive that not selling will either reduce the price or try to arrange the supplier take them back or sell to an overstock company who then offer the steelbooks to other retailers

If these don't sell and Hmv have a time period of exclusive then yes most likely they will show up with other retailers but it will depend on what the exclusive contract time period was

• Informative
Reactions: C.C. 95
I'm a big fan of the show, so I expect I will pick up all 4 steelbooks, but not at the current prices. Although the Abominable Bride is only about £5 more expensive for the steelbook over the amaray.

• Informative
Reactions: C.C. 95
Yes, siree !
Not at all ! As these won't sell out at 20 quid a pop (or 80 quid for all four) I'd say with some certainty that if the price is not reduced by a minimum of 8 quid apiece within the next few months that they will end up elsewhere at "sensible" prices.
A fair few steels previously exclusive to HMV or Amazon or even the Entertainment Store have ended up at Zavvi and quite a bit cheaper in most cases.
It also works the other way around with some Zavvi exclusives made available elsewhere further down the line.
Various examples are listed below (for anyone interested) :-
1) TRUE ROMANCE - ES Excl. - Now also available at Xtra-vision
2) ANCHORMAN 2 - ES Excl. OOS - Later available at Zavvi for half of the price OOP
------------------------------------------
3) GODZILLA 3D - HMV Excl. OOS - Now available at Zavvi and ES
4) EDGE OF TOMOROW 3D - HMV Excl. OOS - Now available at ES and Zavvi
5) Futurepak 8 MILE - HMV Exclusive OOS (?) - Now available at Zavvi ("Unforgettable Range")
6) Futurepak AMERICAN PIE - HMV Exclusive OOS(?) - Now available at Zavvi (ditto)
---------------------------------------------------
7) ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA - Amazon Excl. - Later also available at Zavvi OOS and at Xtra-vision OOS
8) ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST - Amazon Excl. - Now also available at Zavvi, Xtra-vision and ES
9) DEVIL'S ADVOCATE - Amazon Excl. - Now also available at Zavvi, Xtra-vision and ES
10) WESTWORLD - Amazon Excl. - Now also available at Zavvi
------------------------------
8) FULL METAL JACKET - Zavvi Excl. OOS - Now available at ES
9) LETHAL WEAPON - Zavvi Excl. - Now also available at ES
10) TRAINING DAY - Zavvi Excl. - Now also available at ES
11) EMPIRE OF THE SUN - Zavvi Excl. OOS - Now available at ES
12) CLOCKWORK ORANGE - Zavvi Excl.OOS - Now available at ES

Last edited:
Yes, siree !
Not at all ! As these won't sell out at 20 quid a pop (or 80 quid for all four) I'd say with some certainty that if the price is not reduced by a minimum of 8 quid apiece within the next few months that they will end up elsewhere at "sensible" prices.
A fair few steels previously exclusive to HMV or Amazon or even the Entertainment Store have ended up at Zavvi and quite a bit cheaper in most cases.
It also works the other way around with some Zavvi exclusives made available elsewhere further down the line.
2) ANCHORMAN 2 - ES Excl. OOS - Later available at Zavvi for half of the price OOP
4) EDGE OF TOMOROW 3D - HMV Excl. OOS - Now available at ES
4) ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA - Amazon Excl. - Later also available at Zavvi OOS and at Xtra-vision OOS
5) ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST - Amazon Excl. - Now also available at Zavvi, Xtra-vision and ES
6) DEVIL'S ADVOCATE - Amazon Excl. - Now also available at Zavvi, Xtra-vision and ES
7) WESTWORLD - Amazon Excl. - Now also available at Zavvi
Thanks for the detailed analysis @virkia ! I want these- but at a lower price point. So, you make me feel a little more comfortable about rolling the dice on the chances of their being available later at a better price point.
These fall into that category of "desire" rather than "need". I can wait.;)

Reactions: D4vem88
Yes, siree !
4) EDGE OF TOMOROW 3D - HMV Excl. OOS - Now available at ES
4) ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA - Amazon Excl. - Later also available at Zavvi OOS and at Xtra-vision OOS
5) ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST - Amazon Excl. - Now also available at Zavvi, Xtra-vision and ES
6) DEVIL'S ADVOCATE - Amazon Excl. - Now also available at Zavvi, Xtra-vision and ES
7) WESTWORLD - Amazon Excl. - Now also available at Zavvi

Though, of course, there have also been plenty of HMV exclusives that didn't turn up anywhere else so it is a gamble on whether or not you really want these. If you are on the fence then I suspect they may end up in the usual 2 for £25 sale that most of their steelbooks do - so it could be a good price to bite at if you like the show.

After that it'll be up in the air whether they show up elsewhere.

Does anyone know what is on the second disc?
According to the BBC Shop the SECOND DISC in the AMARAY edition is "Bonus disc with over an hour of extras" including :-
Disc1
- FEATURE LENGTH SPECIAL
Disc 2
- MARK GATISS: A STUDY IN SHERLOCK
- MARK GATISS: PRODUCTION DIARY
- CREATING THE LOOK: 8 INSIDE LOOKS AT HOW THIS SPECIAL WAS CREATED
- WRITERS" INTERVIEW
- THE CREATORS OF SHERLOCK ANSWER QUESTIONS FROM SHERLOCK'S #1 FAN SITE
I would hope that the same second disc included in the plastic cased edition is included in the steelbook edition (HMV site - the steelbook listed as 2 discs / BR.com. site - steelbook listed as 1 disc . . . ).

• Helpful Post
Reactions: lights
This is apparently back in stock on the website but there has been no movement as yet on my order..... :whistle::whistle::whistle:

The first 3 all arrived today, 1 day after shipping. :D:joy::happy::)

Glad I waited for a price drop! :thumbs:

Reactions: Marc Dooley
^ I'm in the exact same position (I'm in the US though, and working with a UK friend who is exporting them for me)

Mine is still not showing as paid either, just "payment processing", and there's not a pending charge on my card..?

I've had the same issue as you guys. Ordered all 4 at the same time, the season have arrived one day after shipping, but Bride is still processing, despite being in stock...