Sicario (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.37) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: April 3, 2018
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Type C - Quarter Slip - Triple Pack - Quadruple Pack (Pre-order on March 8, at 4PM - Korea time)
Price: $38.49 (Type A) - $38.69 (Type B) - $38.29 (Type C) - $36.89 (1/4 Slip)
Notes: 1600 copies (Type A) - 1100 copies (Type B) - 1200 copies (Type C) - 600 copies (Quarter Slip)
Group Buy: hosted by Aniv Quarter Slip - Lenti - Full Slip - Full Slip (UV)
QP_THUMB.jpgTP_THUMB.jpg28698896_1334566426687836_3347254941696988995_o.jpg28619018_1334566433354502_3544474900644380867_o.jpg28514835_1334566440021168_6809865585027168441_o.jpg28515183_1334566500021162_4890752104743403994_o.jpg
0000.jpg
14324425_955559664588516_5363174822144358010_o.jpg
DWAaa0TVwAEyO0n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can pretty much guarantee that this isn't what PA is referring to. They're very much aware that there exists a segment of collectors that are either completely unreasonable or intentionally claim there's a flaw in order to get a replacement sent for free. They're getting sick of it and they're forewarning that they won't play this stupid little game by dishonest people anymore since it's causing them a financial burden.

I'm sure for reasonable damage, they'll still send out replacements. I am positive that they're referring to the ridiculous people who would find an error on a perfect steelbook.
My comment wasn't based purely on the above PA statement but on premium editions as a whole, there's been some QC nightmare's from various companies and my personal opinion is that if you don't speak up then standard's will drop more, this is not an attack towards PA, I consider them to be an excellent company who in the main offer exceptional release's.

• Thanks
Reactions: milky
A visible ding on a premium edition steel is unacceptable and accepting such flaws is the beginning of the end IMO..

Your statement is actually the reason why PA is making this statement, they didn't say they wont replace damaged items. But the question is : what means "visible" for : you, me, them, the rest of the world...damages are also subject to subjectivity.

• Thanks
Reactions: Modulus
I never said they won't....

my post was regarding people not accepting an inferior product as the norm and speaking up...

Never said you did either ;)

I just wanted to point out the subjectivity of what can be considered a "visible" damage and that PA seems to have decided now that THEY will judge what kind of damage deserve a replacement. I hope they will do this right, cause i understand there is a limit to their replacement policy and on the other side we deserve a high quality product

Last edited:
A visible ding on a premium edition steel is unacceptable and accepting such flaws is the beginning of the end IMO..
...the end of a retailer who will be a bankrupt after hundreds of returns from OCD people.
I'm a bit OCD myself, but i fully understand their frustration. I have some steels with tiny marks and i'm ok with them. It's a part of collecting.

In all fairness I did say visible ding which is different to an OCD collector complaining about nothing, I am referring to noticeable damage which affects the appearance of the Steelbook...
Every noticeable issue affecting the appearance should be provided with a solution ! As far as they are OK with that, i'm OK with them trying to get rid of people who obviously try to take advantage of their refund/replacement policy.

Every noticeable issue affecting the appearance should be provided with a solution ! As far as they are OK with that, i'm OK with them trying to get rid of people who obviously try to take advantage of their refund/replacement policy.
But this is not a problem that affects them more than any other retailer. So I really don't understand the need for this statement.

But this is not a problem that affects them more than any other retailer. So I really don't understand the need for this statement.
Just because other retailers put up with BS from scammers/unreasonable people doesn't mean that PA has to. Maybe they themselves cannot continue to appease the unappeasable and lose money hand and foot to deal with this issue anymore. It seems like they're saying "if you can't be reasonable with us, we won't be reasonable with you." They're forewarning people that this is their position. Given their stellar customer service so far, I don't think anyone that's reasonable needs to worry at all. Actual damage will be dealt with. Fake/ridiculous claims may not be.

I fully stand behind PA on this one.

No matter how you feel about PA’s statement, I think it’s worth taking into account that they’re a VERY small company. Any criticism is going to feel a little personal to them I guess.

They’re responsible for some fantastic releases so let’s bare in mind what an ace job they do for such a small team :thumbs:

I’m pretty new to the premium game, I’ve heard people say that keeping steelbooks inside the slips can actually scratch the steelbook. Is this true?! If so can someone explain how this happens? Even if you were to remove the steelbook several times from the slip, isn’t the inside of the slip just a thick smooth cardstock?

I just read this somewhere and now I feel like I need to go check all my steelbook that are kept in slipcases. I hope this isn’t true...

if you are pulling them in and out of the slip with no plastic/cellophane sleeve it will rub the inside of the slip causing possible scratches.

Last edited:
Reactions: silversteel
I’m pretty new to the premium game, I’ve heard people say that keeping steelbooks inside the slips can actually scratch the steelbook. Is this true?! If so can someone explain how this happens? Even if you were to remove the steelbook several times from the slip, isn’t the inside of the slip just a thick smooth cardstock?

I just read this somewhere and now I feel like I need to go check all my steelbook that are kept in slipcases. I hope this isn’t true...

It is possible to create some faint horizontal scratches by slipping in and out the steelbook from the Fullslip.

What I do to prevent this is if the Edition comes with a Bonus envelop and a booklet, I just put the envelop on one side of the steel and the booklet on the other side so this way the steelbook is sandwiched when slipping in and out of the Fullslip and the slip cannot rub against it.

If there is only one bonus Item, on the side that is against the Fullslip, just try to lift it a tiny bit when slipping the steel out... I hear some put the steelbook inside a thin Protective sleeves to avoid this, but I find the steel doesn't fit well inside the Fullslip when I do so. I just prefer to be extra careful and find little tricks to avoid those scratches.

Hi @silversteel and welcome to HDN! :thumbs:

I've actually seen this "issue" being mentioned before too, but I've honestly never experienced the problem myself.

Personally I'd tell you not to worry about it, but obviously you can use @Actarus tips above, just to be extra safe! :)

people are talking about issues on their Foxcatcher release, what kind of issues if I may ask? because I ordered it alongside the Sicario Steelbook.