May 30, 2014
Release date: 19th of October, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi - Live Sep 20, 2015 18:00 UK time
Price: £14.99
Note: Limited to 1000 copies

11164657-2844322249447457.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MRD and paulboland
I want to make this clear. It is the 100% correct version. Right at the end of the film and it's a whopping 3hours 16 minutes, it fades to blue and goes 2015 restoration by studio delux or something like that and then fades back into the end credits. All the extras as stipulated on the slip of the steelbook are there including the two exclusive features I am Spartacus and Restoring Spartacus...........

Debit Card not been charged yet for spartacus
My debit card was charged for Dead Poets Society yesterday same price as spartacus
The Dead poets Society Steelbook was shipped this morning

How many others still waiting for payment to be taken and despatch for Spartacus Steelbook

Debit Card not been charged yet for spartacus
My debit card was charged for Dead Poets Society yesterday same price as spartacus
The Dead poets Society Steelbook was shipped this morning

How many others still waiting for payment to be taken and despatch for Spartacus Steelbook
Yes, same here, my order still has not been shipped, very strange behaviour, while others had it shipped early this week and already have it...

Yet it is still available for pre-order....

Reactions: paulboland
Mine arrived today and following on from what has already been posted just though I'd post further info regarding the print on the j-card relating to the restoration :-
"EXTENDED VERSION WITH 12 ADDITIONAL MINUTES
NEWLY RESTORED FROM LARGE FORMAT 35MM ORIGINAL FILM ELEMENTS
BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES:-
- I AM SPARTACUS: A CONVERSATION WITH KIRK DOUGLAS
- RESTORING SPARTACUS: AN INSIDE LOOK AT THE INTRICATE PROCESS OF THE FILM'S 2015 RESTORATION
FEATURE RUN TIME: 3HR 16 MINS APPROX
PACKAGING DESIGN 2014 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS"
No mention of 4K anywhere but I suppose that's to be taken for granted . . .

Reactions: Obi Wan Dandobi
*UPDATE*

i received this yesterday...only just been able to view it.....I CAN ALSO CONFIRM IT IS INDEED THE 2015 EXTENDED RESTORATION!!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

and it looks f***ing stunning!!!! and the additional features are also present and correct!!!!

if you want this i would grab one now!!!!

Reactions: luke98 and bluedjay
That has to be the first time ever in which Zavvi dispatched a disc to me and I got it 2 days later. Normally it's 5 days before I get a disc from them.

'Boogie Nights" dispatched on the 15/10 and dropped through my letter-box on the 16/10.
'Spartacus' took a bit longer - dispatched on the 14/10 (along with 'The Blues Brothers' and 'Sweeney Todd') and arrived on the 16/10 too - and all with an estimated delivery date of the 19/10.
'Hook' took a bit longer still - dispatched on the 13/10 and arrived with the others above on the 16/10 and with an estimated delivery date of the 16/10.
No reason to grumble there !
'Dead Poets' Society' (Zavvi) and 'Jurassic World' (HMV) both posted on the 16/10 - the race is on . . . though my money is on Zavvi to win by a nose :)

EDIT 17/10: Photo-finish - both arrived today - will post my opinion of each in their respective thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lollard2002
See...this is really odd...i am still waiting for The Blues Brothers to be dispatched!!!!

Some people have Spartacus...like me....others don't.....some people have The Blues Brothers....others don't...like me!!!

WTF Zavvi!!!!!!!:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: