paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 20, 2017
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - Zoom - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Zavvi - Zoom - Hmv) - £27.99 (Amazon)
Notes: Includes Resin Magnet + Comic Book

91kVD0XBXHL._SX342_ (1).jpg

329566-da3730a0ad145fc515cabb267f044be0.jpg

Last edited:
Reason for this is Amazon would not taken payment until Saturday or Sunday before release date
I did not have enough funds available to keep my order with Zavvi as my pay date was Thursday 16th and Zavvi as we know often will debit cards from the Monday a week before release date.

Zoom I won't use again to order Steelbooks because of the packaging used
HMV and Zavvi is sold out so did not have the option to reorder after thursday 16th pay day
Still in stock at HMV

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Still in stock at HMV
Too late now amazon have debited my card and dispatched :rofl:
It was not listed in stock when I last checked HMV website the other day

I might get lucky with amazon tomorrow listing back in stock at cheaper price and the pre order price promise be applied if not so be it :LOL:

I don't get the love for this steel. People were slating the Iron Man 3 steel for being boring and unoriginal and this is not really any better.

If you like it, fair enough, Not trying to stir anything. I just can't get my head around the love for this.

^
General consensus is that:-
a) 99% of collectors prefer a title on the spine
b) Majority prefer a title on the front
a) Majority prefer full gloss steelbooks . . . or at least spot gloss on the artwork
b) Majority prefer original poster art - preferably on the front - depicting the characters from the film . . . in action pose if action film.

Some people still get a shock when the artwork is:-
a) Illustrated for a non-animated films
- a vote for regular (poster) art vs. Illustrated Art on another forum reinforces this view with 424 votes (87%) expressing a preference for regular art against 63 votes (13%) not fussed by Illustrated Art (out of 487 votes counted).
I suspect that similar results would be seen on HDN or on any other steelbook forum.
b) Project Pop Art/Iconic Art/Gallery 1988 or anything different to what they were expecting.

Personally speaking, don't mind what they put on the outside of the steelbook as long as it's artwork of some kind and I find many of the Project Pop Art etc. steelbooks to be very pleasing to the eye (from DESPERADO to GHOSTBUSTERS, from THE FIFTH ELEMENT to BOYZ 'N' THE HOOD, from the MONDO RESERVOIR DOGS to the MONDO T2 variant etc.).
Also appreciate the fact that specially commissioned artwork for the steelbook is available and that sometimes famous graphic novel illustrators and poster artists may be involved in said artwork . . . thus making the steelbook into a canvas for diverse artworks not to be found on other home video releases.

In conclusion: if people insist on original poster art they won't go far wrong if they buy the Amaray releases of the films in question as those will most likely have exactly what they are looking for in the way of front art . . . or, if they are flush, the premium releases will never let them down with anything too shocking or imaginative . . .

Maybe Zavvi can go that route for next bunch of Marvel re-releases... The MCU suit steelbooks, basically have the same as the Spiderman magnet lenti one in design minus the magnets but the front and back of each suit

Iron Man - MK III armour
Iron Man 2 - MK VI armour
Iron Man 3 - MK 42 armour

CA First Avenger - Classic war Cap suit
CA Winter Soldier - Strike suit
CA Civil War - Cap front/Iron man back (respective suits from the movie)

I could go on but you get my drift

Only ones you'd struggle with is Avengers but you could just use Black Widow (cleavage shot) for Avengers and Vision/Ultron for AOU

EVERY steelbook cover would be improved by having Black Widows cleavage on the front...

• Thanks
Reactions: Covcraig