STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I think he looks good and I really really want a Han in my collection. I'd prefer his other outfit, but who knows how long I'll be waiting for that. How long has it been since they released their first Han PF? 7-8 years? Of course we'll be waiting to this one until the middle of next year like you said. I'll probably hold off on pre-ordering this one (of course I say that then FOMO always gets me). How much do you want to bet that Sideshow re-releases this PF after it's sold out in his other outfit?

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about your force only rule, ha ha. I'm surprised they haven't announced the Han movie will be coming out in December. I really have no excitement for it so meh.

Yep, there is no Han Solo movie. Harrison Ford was already young Han Solo. I'm just going to make up my own canon in my head.

Its been 12 years since the first Han PF :OMG:. I'm sure they will make plenty of these, the EX might sell out but the reg will definitely be available. Now that you mention it, I can totally see them doing a variant with his awesome ANH outfit. But I don't know if I'd pass on this just hoping they'll do it.

Did you see that thread posted on SF about all the waitlist cancellations that just happened on a bunch of newer items? It looks like SS might be playing a new game to get people to bite on Regs. I wonder if they've caught on to how many people wait until an item goes on WL so they don't have to pay the NRD.

I think I'm either going to make canon up in my head to replace some of their newer crap, or just go back to the old canon lol.

Do you know when your Kylo is arriving?

Last edited:
Its been 12 years since the first Han PF :OMG:. I'm sure they will make plenty of these, the EX might sell out but the reg will definitely be available. Now that you mention it, I can totally see them doing a variant with his awesome ANH outfit. But I don't know if I'd pass on this just hoping they'll do it.

Did you see that thread posted on SF about all the waitlist cancellations that just happened on a bunch of newer items? It looks like SS might be playing a new game to get people to bite on Regs. I wonder if they've caught on to how many people wait until an item goes on WL so they don't have to pay the NRD.

I think I'm either going to make canon up in my head to replace some of their newer crap, or just go back to the old canon lol.

Do you know when your Kylo is arriving?

12 years??? Holy cow! Well it's $550 (which means we just got another $50 price hike as this should be the same as Rey or Jyn). Here's more info: http://nerdist.com/sideshow-collect...gure-is-a-treasure-worth-smuggling-exclusive/

Maybe those products actually are selling out and the wait lists are full? It would only be lame if SS reopens the WL later on.

My Kylo will actually be here today, but I can't pick him up from the UPS store until tomorrow.

12 years??? Holy cow! Well it's $550 (which means we just got another $50 price hike as this should be the same as Rey or Jyn). Here's more info: http://nerdist.com/sideshow-collect...gure-is-a-treasure-worth-smuggling-exclusive/

Maybe those products actually are selling out and the wait lists are full? It would only be lame if SS reopens the WL later on.

My Kylo will actually be here today, but I can't pick him up from the UPS store until tomorrow.

I can't believe its been that long, but it has. Why did it take them that long to do another Han? At least their headsculpt blows the original one out of the water. This new one doesn't have the weird looking fingers either lol.

At $550 I'll be passing. I'm literally at a point where I feel what I am delivered isn't worth what SS is charging. It doesn't help either that in the short 4 year period that I have been buying from SS prices have gone up $200 on a standard PF, which used to be $350 back then.

That sucks, that extra day waiting is a killer sometimes!

I can't believe its been that long, but it has. Why did it take them that long to do another Han? At least their headsculpt blows the original one out of the water. This new one doesn't have the weird looking fingers either lol.

At $550 I'll be passing. I'm literally at a point where I feel what I am delivered isn't worth what SS is charging. It doesn't help either that in the short 4 year period that I have been buying from SS prices have gone up $200 on a standard PF, which used to be $350 back then.

That sucks, that extra day waiting is a killer sometimes!

The price tag is tough to swallow. At least the Ex isn't a must so maybe the regular can be had for less down the road. Should we be blaming XM for these price hikes? It seems like Sideshow got out of control when they saw how much people would pay for XM pieces. I guess there are enough new buyers coming in at these new prices to continue.

Yeah I can only get my Sideshow stuff on Saturdays because they make you sign for everything and that's the only day I can get to the UPS store. I had them deliver to my work a few times a while back, but didn't like explaining to everyone why I was leaving with a giant box and what was in it.

The price tag is tough to swallow. At least the Ex isn't a must so maybe the regular can be had for less down the road. Should we be blaming XM for these price hikes? It seems like Sideshow got out of control when they saw how much people would pay for XM pieces. I guess there are enough new buyers coming in at these new prices to continue.

Yeah I can only get my Sideshow stuff on Saturdays because they make you sign for everything and that's the only day I can get to the UPS store. I had them deliver to my work a few times a while back, but didn't like explaining to everyone why I was leaving with a giant box and what was in it.

I think its time to put the blame on the ones paying the radical amounts of cash for the XM pieces! :p Seriously though, once SS saw how people were dropping $4K on Magneto they knew how crazy some of collectors are out there, and now that a lot of people are willing to dish out $700-$1200 for a regular XM piece, SS chose to raise their prices. I don't think they've taken into account that XM delivers a better product, or if they did I don't think they care. They've still got everyone by the balls as they've got all of the licenses.

I'd hate to have people at work bugging me when I get a new statue too, its bad enough when the UPS people do it. That's why I wish companies would stop printing whats inside the box on the outside. I have to make sure that either I'm there to sign for the package or I get someone else there to sign for it as my UPS isn't a hold for pickup place. If you choose to do that here, they ship it to another UPS pickup point in the city which takes up to 5 days to do.

Oh man, don't give Disney any ideas LOL. ;)

I forgot about the Han Solo movie release date. I've actually tuned out any info that's been happening on that movie entirely. My brain still can't grasp that they are making a Han Solo movie without Harrison Ford.

I understand why they are making it, i just dont think they should have and honestly they didnt need to. Someone compared it to what was done with Star Trek. New actors for the reboot, but Star Wars isnt a reboot, its a continuation. I dont mind new actors coming in to play younger versions, i just dont think it needed to happen.

Yeah I think he looks good and I really really want a Han in my collection. I'd prefer his other outfit, but who knows how long I'll be waiting for that. How long has it been since they released their first Han PF? 7-8 years? Of course we'll be waiting to this one until the middle of next year like you said. I'll probably hold off on pre-ordering this one (of course I say that then FOMO always gets me). How much do you want to bet that Sideshow re-releases this PF after it's sold out in his other outfit?

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about your force only rule, ha ha. I'm surprised they haven't announced the Han movie will be coming out in December. I really have no excitement for it so meh.

Yep, there is no Han Solo movie. Harrison Ford was already young Han Solo. I'm just going to make up my own canon in my head.

Its very possible i could sell everything at some point. My wife and i have talked about getting a tiny home (600 sqft or less) in the future. I guess thats another thing that has kept me from buying like i used to. So, sticking with Force users is a good idea...for now.

The OG Han came out in '04. Cant believe it has been that long.

As for who to blame for the SS price hike, blame SS. When SS first staryed making SW PF's, Attakus and GG were the two big names for statues. Attakus was the high-end champ tho. Their Luke for instance was about $400 for a poor likeness and 1/5 scale. SS could have charged that much off the bat for their Luke which was bigger and a better likeness, but they didnt. ANH Luke was $250. Where i noticed the change in SS from being about the collector to more about making things cheaper for higher profit was right around the Aayla Secura fiasco. I dont know if ownership changed hands, or what happened. The friendly communication and interaction with SS reps in forums went bye bye.

I understand why they are making it, i just dont think they should have and honestly they didnt need to. Someone compared it to what was done with Star Trek. New actors for the reboot, but Star Wars isnt a reboot, its a continuation. I dont mind new actors coming in to play younger versions, i just dont think it needed to happen.

Its very possible i could sell everything at some point. My wife and i have talked about getting a tiny home (600 sqft or less) in the future. I guess thats another thing that has kept me from buying like i used to. So, sticking with Force users is a good idea...for now.

The OG Han came out in '04. Cant believe it has been that long.

As for who to blame for the SS price hike, blame SS. When SS first staryed making SW PF's, Attakus and GG were the two big names for statues. Attakus was the high-end champ tho. Their Luke for instance was about $400 for a poor likeness and 1/5 scale. SS could have charged that much off the bat for their Luke which was bigger and a better likeness, but they didnt. ANH Luke was $250. Where i noticed the change in SS from being about the collector to more about making things cheaper for higher profit was right around the Aayla Secura fiasco. I dont know if ownership changed hands, or what happened. The friendly communication and interaction with SS reps in forums went bye bye.

I just don't want them recasting any of the Big 3. I can only imagine the original actors playing those parts. I guess I can see them doing it as they think it will be profitable, but only time will tell how fans react. An early Han story is something I wouldn't have been interested in anyways, somethings I think they should just leave up to the imagination.

Its almost like SS came in with low prices to lure customers away from Attakus and GG, but once they got everybody they just let the wallet raping begin and its continued ever since lol.

I just don't want them recasting any of the Big 3. I can only imagine the original actors playing those parts. I guess I can see them doing it as they think it will be profitable, but only time will tell how fans react. An early Han story is something I wouldn't have been interested in anyways, somethings I think they should just leave up to the imagination.

Its almost like SS came in with low prices to lure customers away from Attakus and GG, but once they got everybody they just let the wallet raping begin and its continued ever since lol.

Lol! Maybe. Once Attakus took the dirt nap they knew they had the market. GG was never competition. HT and XM hadnt got into tue 1/4 game yet, and SS stuff in tje aftermarket was selling for big bucks. I think that probably had more to do with price hikes than anything else.

Im sure the movie will be good. But, yeah, no intwrest in seeing it in the theater. Never thought id say that about a SW movie.

Lol! Maybe. Once Attakus took the dirt nap they knew they had the market. GG was never competition. HT and XM hadnt got into tue 1/4 game yet, and SS stuff in tje aftermarket was selling for big bucks. I think that probably had more to do with price hikes than anything else.

Im sure the movie will be good. But, yeah, no intwrest in seeing it in the theater. Never thought id say that about a SW movie.

I wish GG would have caught on better, and gotten licensing for bigger scales. I have a soft spot for some of their awesome 1:6 busts, and even some of their statues are pretty cool, but their scale doesn't go with anything. I really love that they had the balls to do a Zam Wesell statue, I bet SS never makes her. Too bad she isn't 1:4.

I feel the same way, I think deep down I'm hoping once I see a trailer for it that it will change my tune. I think if Boba is in it that will help.

Do you think SS will reveal any new SW PFs in three days for Star Wars Day?

I wish GG would have caught on better, and gotten licensing for bigger scales. I have a soft spot for some of their awesome 1:6 busts, and even some of their statues are pretty cool, but their scale doesn't go with anything. I really love that they had the balls to do a Zam Wesell statue, I bet SS never makes her. Too bad she isn't 1:4.

I feel the same way, I think deep down I'm hoping once I see a trailer for it that it will change my tune. I think if Boba is in it that will help.

Do you think SS will reveal any new SW PFs in three days for Star Wars Day?

1, maybe, but it'd be nice to see something i absolutely must have.

I keep hearing about Boba appearing in one of the new movies and having their "Vader moment" like in R1. Guess we will see.

I wish GG could do 1/4 scale busts. I really do. What a missed opportunity by SS not continuing that line.

1, maybe, but it'd be nice to see something i absolutely must have.

I keep hearing about Boba appearing in one of the new movies and having their "Vader moment" like in R1. Guess we will see.

I wish GG could do 1/4 scale busts. I really do. What a missed opportunity by SS not continuing that line.

I have a feeling the new Han p.o. and the Bespin Luke preview are all they are planning for their SW day. I'm not really complaining as those are definitely 2 of the most wanted PFs according to a lot of the people on the forums. I'd love to see some more PT love with some new Jedi obviously, but if that ever happens it probably won't be for a long time. At least they are making SW PFs again.

That could be totally awesome!

Do you mean 1/2 scale? I wish they would have continued those too, they never released the Vader, Boba or Leia ones they had drawing for years ago.

Hey guys! So sorry I know I dropped off the face of the earth again. It seems the month of March is really the start of madness for my household. I've only been able to drop in quickly and never got a chance to sit down and respond to you in our last conversation. We've been working hard on getting the business going and it's been a long haul to find a place. Every time we think were there the space doesn't work out. We're pushing through. I’ve been dealing with bouts of pancreatitis again and ended up having some pretty major face surgery today when it was supposed to just be three root canals. Really not pleasant at all. It was supposed to be 2 hours and ended up being 4. It's been a long day.

To answer your question from way back Starkiller, my wife has created an fruit sweetened almond milk ice cream which we are starting to sell to the public later this month. I've been working on an ad for Paleo Magazine which is in the upcoming June/July issue. I've also been working on creating the logo design, containers for the ice cream and the website so we can start selling before we are even in a store front. Our brand name for the ice cream is Smirk. Our place of business is actually two things. It's an ice cream parlor and play lounge for children 2 to 8. It's a place where parents can bring their kids and let them play in a clean healthy environment while they just relax or catch up on some work. We are creating it as a hypo allergenic friendly environment because there aren't many places that are here or really anywhere. It's called The Laughing Place.

Also yes we started basically from Eli's birth filling his room with Disney/comic/star wars paraphernalia. lol He loves Disney and loves movies. He's 20 months and he sat down and watched Toy Story 3 with me almost nonstop. He got up once to push his tiny chair into the room and sat down and kept watching it! lol He's getting huge too!

Really quick I have some great news. Finally got some results that definitively diagnose me with a form of Mastocytosis and that I am missing a gene that blocks histamines. So basically that's why my body has been going crazy for the last 15 years, lol We were really excited to find out what it is and what I can take to combat it. I'm on some pharmaceutical grade stuff from my acupuncturist and I am finally getting my life back! I've been going out and doing things daily for the past week with no mask or gloves and haven't had a reaction in 3 months!!! Just wanted to share that.

Have you gotten anything new? You too Starlord or anyone else for that matter. I need to catch up! I finally used my points on the upcoming Hot Toys Doctor Strange 1/6 figure. I'm psyched to get it!

I have a feeling the new Han p.o. and the Bespin Luke preview are all they are planning for their SW day. I'm not really complaining as those are definitely 2 of the most wanted PFs according to a lot of the people on the forums. I'd love to see some more PT love with some new Jedi obviously, but if that ever happens it probably won't be for a long time. At least they are making SW PFs again.

That could be totally awesome!

Do you mean 1/2 scale? I wish they would have continued those too, they never released the Vader, Boba or Leia ones they had drawing for years ago.

Quarter scale for GG, but, yeah SS had a giid thing with the 1:2 busts. It almost seems like they wanted to get the license for those so no one else would and the only requirement by LFL was for SS to make 5!

I'm seriously not that impressed by the new Han. The likeness is still off. At least with the OG Han, it looks like Harrison if you view it straight on. Side profile not so much. IMO, Jedi Luke has a better likeness than this new Luke PF. Maybe they will re-tool.

Hey guys! So sorry I know I dropped off the face of the earth again. It seems the month of March is really the start of madness for my household. I've only been able to drop in quickly and never got a chance to sit down and respond to you in our last conversation. We've been working hard on getting the business going and it's been a long haul to find a place. Every time we think were there the space doesn't work out. We're pushing through. I’ve been dealing with bouts of pancreatitis again and ended up having some pretty major face surgery today when it was supposed to just be three root canals. Really not pleasant at all. It was supposed to be 2 hours and ended up being 4. It's been a long day.

To answer your question from way back Starkiller, my wife has created an fruit sweetened almond milk ice cream which we are starting to sell to the public later this month. I've been working on an ad for Paleo Magazine which is in the upcoming June/July issue. I've also been working on creating the logo design, containers for the ice cream and the website so we can start selling before we are even in a store front. Our brand name for the ice cream is Smirk. Our place of business is actually two things. It's an ice cream parlor and play lounge for children 2 to 8. It's a place where parents can bring their kids and let them play in a clean healthy environment while they just relax or catch up on some work. We are creating it as a hypo allergenic friendly environment because there aren't many places that are here or really anywhere. It's called The Laughing Place.

Also yes we started basically from Eli's birth filling his room with Disney/comic/star wars paraphernalia. lol He loves Disney and loves movies. He's 20 months and he sat down and watched Toy Story 3 with me almost nonstop. He got up once to push his tiny chair into the room and sat down and kept watching it! lol He's getting huge too!

Really quick I have some great news. Finally got some results that definitively diagnose me with a form of Mastocytosis and that I am missing a gene that blocks histamines. So basically that's why my body has been going crazy for the last 15 years, lol We were really excited to find out what it is and what I can take to combat it. I'm on some pharmaceutical grade stuff from my acupuncturist and I am finally getting my life back! I've been going out and doing things daily for the past week with no mask or gloves and haven't had a reaction in 3 months!!! Just wanted to share that.

Have you gotten anything new? You too Starlord or anyone else for that matter. I need to catch up! I finally used my points on the upcoming Hot Toys Doctor Strange 1/6 figure. I'm psyched to get it!

No worries dude. I know you have alot to deal with. Very happy to see you pop in when you can. Im also glad that things seem to be under control and you are able to do more with out a reaction. My kid asks about you, so ill let her know how you are doing.

That is awesome you and your wife are starting your own business. Nothing better than being your own boss.

No new collectibles for me. Been focusing on the bike alot lately. My passion has changed a bit, but im also waiting to see what XM does with the Vader trio.

Thats cool about your kid man. Are you going to take him to see any of the new Star Wars movies?

No worries dude. I know you have alot to deal with. Very happy to see you pop in when you can. Im also glad that things seem to be under control and you are able to do more with out a reaction. My kid asks about you, so ill let her know how you are doing.

That is awesome you and your wife are starting your own business. Nothing better than being your own boss.

No new collectibles for me. Been focusing on the bike alot lately. My passion has changed a bit, but im also waiting to see what XM does with the Vader trio.

Thats cool about your kid man. Are you going to take him to see any of the new Star Wars movies?

I should be able to be around a bit more now that I am u p and about. It's hard to use my phone when it comes to HDN for some reason and it's a lot easier on my pc, That's nice that your kids ask about me. Tell them thanks for me.

Ya we're excited! We're just in the waiting part of things for landlords to get back to us about a lease agreement. They have been really dragging their feet. we've got everything lined up our end once we get a lease agreement though.

I thought I saw a pic with you and your bike. That's awesome! I'll have to check out the XM Vader trio cause I don't think I've seen it.

I'd love to take him but I think he's still too young to get through a movie without being able to move around some. Maybe in a year or so we'll be able to do that. I think my wife and I might get a sitter and go see it though. I'm really looking forward to the up coming Pirate's movie. I want to see that in theaters. I really want to See Guardians Vol. 2 as well. With feeling this much better it's likely that we will.

And he's back again!!! :D Good to see you around here again!

4 hours of face surgery sounds awful! :(

That business sounds like a great idea! I really hope it works out well for you guys!

That's so awesome to hear you've finally gotten to the bottom of your issues after so long, and its great to hear you haven't had a reaction in three months!

Quarter scale for GG, but, yeah SS had a giid thing with the 1:2 busts. It almost seems like they wanted to get the license for those so no one else would and the only requirement by LFL was for SS to make 5!

I'm seriously not that impressed by the new Han. The likeness is still off. At least with the OG Han, it looks like Harrison if you view it straight on. Side profile not so much. IMO, Jedi Luke has a better likeness than this new Luke PF. Maybe they will re-tool.

Have you taken a look at XM's Quarter Scale Marvel busts? Especially their Venom and their Thor ones? They are really freaking sweet! Its an interesting choice of scale for busts but they work really well. They look so cool I hope they decide to try doing SW busts in quarter scale.

I'm still really shocked they just gave up on the 1:2 SW busts. If you check on eBay all of them have either held their value or have gone up in value, so collectors definitely like them.

I'm not really blown away by the new Han PF either, especially for the price. Their new Luke doesn't look that great either, but I'm hoping once we see more pics they will make him look better. For now it still seems SS still hasn't perfected their human PF sculpts :meh:.

I should be able to be around a bit more now that I am u p and about. It's hard to use my phone when it comes to HDN for some reason and it's a lot easier on my pc, That's nice that your kids ask about me. Tell them thanks for me.

Ya we're excited! We're just in the waiting part of things for landlords to get back to us about a lease agreement. They have been really dragging their feet. we've got everything lined up our end once we get a lease agreement though.

I thought I saw a pic with you and your bike. That's awesome! I'll have to check out the XM Vader trio cause I don't think I've seen it.

I'd love to take him but I think he's still too young to get through a movie without being able to move around some. Maybe in a year or so we'll be able to do that. I think my wife and I might get a sitter and go see it though. I'm really looking forward to the up coming Pirate's movie. I want to see that in theaters. I really want to See Guardians Vol. 2 as well. With feeling this much better it's likely that we will.

I think I was 4 when I was taken to see my first movie in the theater, or at least that's when I could remember going lol. I wish I would have had access to more super hero movies when I was a kid, but the only thing I had access to was the Reeve Superman movies from the 70's and 80's I had on tape, and then when Batman finally came out in 1989. Kids today are going to have it so great with so many Marvel and DC movies to choose from, not to mention new Star Wars movies for years to come.

I'm so happy you've gotten control of your issues enough to get back into the world and do things we all love to do so much, like going out to movies! :)

Frikkin hell! Finally able to get back on here. Couldn't get on with my phone or computer. WTH?!

My wife is excited for the Pirates movie too. I'm excited for GOTG2 but will wait for blu. Will be seeing Alien Covenant, Wonder Woman, Justice League, and EPVIII this year. That's actually quite alot for me.

Right on man. Glad to see things are going better, and that you will be around more. Now if we could get Obiwop here too, LOL!

That business sounds like a great idea! I really hope it works out well for you guys!

That's so awesome to hear you've finally gotten to the bottom of your issues after so long, and its great to hear you haven't had a reaction in three months!

Have you taken a look at XM's Quarter Scale Marvel busts? Especially their Venom and their Thor ones? They are really freaking sweet! Its an interesting choice of scale for busts but they work really well. They look so cool I hope they decide to try doing SW busts in quarter scale.

I'm still really shocked they just gave up on the 1:2 SW busts. If you check on eBay all of them have either held their value or have gone up in value, so collectors definitely like them.

I'm not really blown away by the new Han PF either, especially for the price. Their new Luke doesn't look that great either, but I'm hoping once we see more pics they will make him look better. For now it still seems SS still hasn't perfected their human PF sculpts :meh:.

I think I was 4 when I was taken to see my first movie in the theater, or at least that's when I could remember going lol. I wish I would have had access to more super hero movies when I was a kid, but the only thing I had access to was the Reeve Superman movies from the 70's and 80's I had on tape, and then when Batman finally came out in 1989. Kids today are going to have it so great with so many Marvel and DC movies to choose from, not to mention new Star Wars movies for years to come.

I'm so happy you've gotten control of your issues enough to get back into the world and do things we all love to do so much, like going out to movies! :)

Fun fact, i was in jail in '89 for a min th during the summer and missed the Batman movie. I actually read the book in jail!

I really like the tailoring on the new Han and Luke, but the sculpt aren't enough to make me bite. Maybe Luke, but maybe.

Yeah man, i should have jumped on that LsB MAUL for $380. Kinda kicking myself for it now.

If XM did 1/4 busts I'd lose it! That would be the focus of my collection. Here is hoping.

Let's see if it will actually let me post today...this site is driving me nuts.

I think the new Han and Luke are pretty good, but still have some minor complaints on them. The Falcon base on Han is distracting and I'm not a fan. I thought it would line up next to the Chewie one, but instead they just have weird pieces sticking off their bases on either end. I often feel like it's Sideshow's goal to make it so their statues won't fit in Bestas and apparently they didn't want people putting Han and Chewie in a Besta together so they had to attach unnecessary pieces that stick out on both ends. The Luke looks a little funny because of the stance, but it does convey how apprehensive Luke was during that particular duel. Although I have a feeling that piece will look more natural with the blaster. In the end, neither should have cost more than $400.

So Lou hasn't seen Guardians yet, have you Josh? I went on preview night and enjoyed it, will probably take my nephews this weekend. I've been spending a lot of time building my digital library for my nephews to watch lately. If either of you have a digital code for Thor, Iron Man 2, Captain America, or the first Avengers, let me know. :p

This last weekend I drove down to Cheyenne for their comic con. It was very small, but we only went to meet one person. I figured I better go while I had still had the chance, he's not getting any younger.

18489882_10211974815353142_1526391352459416958_o.jpg

Frikkin hell! Finally able to get back on here. Couldn't get on with my phone or computer. WTH?!

My wife is excited for the Pirates movie too. I'm excited for GOTG2 but will wait for blu. Will be seeing Alien Covenant, Wonder Woman, Justice League, and EPVIII this year. That's actually quite alot for me.

Right on man. Glad to see things are going better, and that you will be around more. Now if we could get Obiwop here too, LOL!

Fun fact, i was in jail in '89 for a min th during the summer and missed the Batman movie. I actually read the book in jail!

I really like the tailoring on the new Han and Luke, but the sculpt aren't enough to make me bite. Maybe Luke, but maybe.

Yeah man, i should have jumped on that LsB MAUL for $380. Kinda kicking myself for it now.

If XM did 1/4 busts I'd lose it! That would be the focus of my collection. Here is hoping.

I was able to get on here yesterday, but every time I attempted to post I got an error message and then it apparently blocked me from the site afterwards. Grrrr...

I was debating on going to Alien Covenant this week. Do I need to watch Prometheus first? I think one of the actors from that is in the new one. I have still never seen Alien 3 or 4.

So can we ask why you were in jail?

Last edited:
Holy crap! I thought you guys vanished off the face of the earth or something lol. For once this site was working fine on my end the whole time, but it looks like it really doesn't like you guys at all.

During this last week my problematic internet slowed down to a super crawl with a download speed of only 0.01 mbps, and I found out it was my 11 year old modem that was completely blown. I got a new one and now when I hop on youtube videos automatically load in HD, I haven't had internet speeds this fast in 2 years lol.

I'm trying to find out if the headline here is you went to jail in '89, or if its that you actually read a book! :rofl: It could also be that it took you going to jail to get you to read a book LOL. Okay, I'm done with the jokes, what did you do???

I really need to see more pics of Luke, I can tell what they were trying to go for with the pose but the face seems a bit off.

I'm waiting for the Blu's for Guardians, Pirates, and Alien. I do really want to see them though. I was on the fence about Wonder Woman but the trailers look really good so I might actually see it in the theater. Justice League and Ep. VIII will be no brainers for me, I'll definitely see them in the theater.

Let's see if it will actually let me post today...this site is driving me nuts.

I think the new Han and Luke are pretty good, but still have some minor complaints on them. The Falcon base on Han is distracting and I'm not a fan. I thought it would line up next to the Chewie one, but instead they just have weird pieces sticking off their bases on either end. I often feel like it's Sideshow's goal to make it so their statues won't fit in Bestas and apparently they didn't want people putting Han and Chewie in a Besta together so they had to attach unnecessary pieces that stick out on both ends. The Luke looks a little funny because of the stance, but it does convey how apprehensive Luke was during that particular duel. Although I have a feeling that piece will look more natural with the blaster. In the end, neither should have cost more than $400.

So Lou hasn't seen Guardians yet, have you Josh? I went on preview night and enjoyed it, will probably take my nephews this weekend. I've been spending a lot of time building my digital library for my nephews to watch lately. If either of you have a digital code for Thor, Iron Man 2, Captain America, or the first Avengers, let me know. :p

This last weekend I drove down to Cheyenne for their comic con. It was very small, but we only went to meet one person. I figured I better go while I had still had the chance, he's not getting any younger.

18489882_10211974815353142_1526391352459416958_o.jpg

I was able to get on here yesterday, but every time I attempted to post I got an error message and then it apparently blocked me from the site afterwards. Grrrr...

I was debating on going to Alien Covenant this week. Do I need to watch Prometheus first? I think one of the actors from that is in the new one. I have still never seen Alien 3 or 4.

So can we ask why you were in jail?

Awesome!!! I wonder if he'll show up in VIII or IX.

I'm not digging the Falcon base on Han or Chewie. It just seems large and unnecessary bulky on the sides, if I didn't have bestas I might feel differently though. I'm hoping once I see more pics of Luke that might change my mind on the piece. I can definitely tell what they were going for, but from the couple pics released it doesn't look like they pulled it off that well. I'm not so sure if the pose is any better than Jedi Luke's. I figured after all the complaining people did about the pose on that one they would have made sure to make a great pose this time.

I'm waiting for the Blu for Guardians. Did you like it more than the first one? I'll check my codes when I get home later, I actually did redeem some of my Marvel ones but I can't remember which ones.

I think this Alien takes place quite a bit after Prometheus. I think I remember reading that they will eventually make a movie that will take place in between Prometheus and this one. I also read Ridley Scott only wants to do Alien movies from this point forward. Which is weird because he wanted nothing to do with the franchise for 3 decades.

So I got my Prime 1 1:2 Superman

34536288602_8249a19592_b.jpg

I'll post more pics and my thoughts in a spoiler so I don't clog up this thread.

My first thought on 1:2 scale is its really different. It is MASSIVE and will completely dwarf any collectibles you have near it and make them look completely irrelevant lol.

This piece in hand has in my opinion the best likeness of any actor from any license I have ever seen.

34697995845_ea24cf0bc0_b.jpg

34698001335_482efc5149_b.jpg

34567570531_a9705a2f29_b.jpg

33855711464_456def001a_b.jpg

The paint app on this thing is insane! I have never seen anything like it. I really wish I had a better camera because it looks even better in person. The likeness is dead-on, the camera distorts the shape a bit. I have never seen any company capable of doing shading like this for their flesh tones. It is made out of resin so parts of it look semi-translucent under certain condition which makes it look even more life-like.

When you get in close and hit the piece with a camera flash, you can actually see they even painted beard stubble on it! :OMG: At $2K there are certain details that I think a piece should have in the facial detail department and this piece has all of them! Sideshow could never pull off something like this.

34657657236_733e2587c0_b.jpg

The suit itself is really awesome, and really has a shiny effect to it under lighting. I think they achieved this by painting the body itself silver like Hot Toys did with theirs, when light penetrates the suit it just shoots the light back giving it the shimmering effect like is seen on screen. Unfortunately my camera doesn't really pick it up.

33855701374_2daf129dd6_b.jpg

34698012865_c8e70fea43_b.jpg

34658997486_a68c2d5cfd_b.jpg

33889748673_0db507fc0a_b.jpg

The hands themselves are almost as awesome as the face. There is detail like I've never seen before, including veins and wrinkles. The knuckles also have a slightly reddish hue added to them like real human hands.

34567565871_05e627b402_b.jpg

33855689984_ba07c3fb6d_b.jpg

The only thing I feel slightly disappointed with is the base, which after seeing all of the amazing detail of the figure feels kind of plain. The paint quality is phenomenal like I would expect from Prime 1, but I just wish they would have picked something a little more exciting.

34699467765_0f82a06ba4_b.jpg

At $2K I definitely have more thoughts and opinions about this than I would a normal $400-$500 statue. My favorite viewing distance from this is about 5-6 feet away. It really gives you a sense of the sheer size of this thing. The only slight negative I would say is when you get closer to it that somehow diminishes the size of this and it becomes more apparent that it is a little over 3 feet tall. Although, I do see that as a slight negative, when you get really close the details of the face and suit also become much more apparent and your focus changes from the size of it to the details. When you get in really close you can even see they sculpted pores in his face!!! :OMG: I literally have never seen details like that from any company ever! Its so amazing!

But the big question is, is this worth $2K? Hmm... I don't know. I think its worth far more than anything I've ever seen from SS, but deep down I think a PF is really only worth $250-$300 max. I'll pay more for certain characters I like, or for characters I really like from a license that I want to collect more of, but I really don't think they are worth anywhere near what they are charging. So what do I think this is worth, I really can't say after such a short period of time. I've stared at this more than any other piece I've ever received, and I'm discovering new details daily. I do absolutely love it though!

1:2 Batman will be arriving next week Friday as long as I don't run into any hiccups along the way.

Holy crap! I thought you guys vanished off the face of the earth or something lol. For once this site was working fine on my end the whole time, but it looks like it really doesn't like you guys at all.

During this last week my problematic internet slowed down to a super crawl with a download speed of only 0.01 mbps, and I found out it was my 11 year old modem that was completely blown. I got a new one and now when I hop on youtube videos automatically load in HD, I haven't had internet speeds this fast in 2 years lol.

I'm trying to find out if the headline here is you went to jail in '89, or if its that you actually read a book! :rofl: It could also be that it took you going to jail to get you to read a book LOL. Okay, I'm done with the jokes, what did you do???

I really need to see more pics of Luke, I can tell what they were trying to go for with the pose but the face seems a bit off.

I'm waiting for the Blu's for Guardians, Pirates, and Alien. I do really want to see them though. I was on the fence about Wonder Woman but the trailers look really good so I might actually see it in the theater. Justice League and Ep. VIII will be no brainers for me, I'll definitely see them in the theater.

Awesome!!! I wonder if he'll show up in VIII or IX.

I'm not digging the Falcon base on Han or Chewie. It just seems large and unnecessary bulky on the sides, if I didn't have bestas I might feel differently though. I'm hoping once I see more pics of Luke that might change my mind on the piece. I can definitely tell what they were going for, but from the couple pics released it doesn't look like they pulled it off that well. I'm not so sure if the pose is any better than Jedi Luke's. I figured after all the complaining people did about the pose on that one they would have made sure to make a great pose this time.

I'm waiting for the Blu for Guardians. Did you like it more than the first one? I'll check my codes when I get home later, I actually did redeem some of my Marvel ones but I can't remember which ones.

I think this Alien takes place quite a bit after Prometheus. I think I remember reading that they will eventually make a movie that will take place in between Prometheus and this one. I also read Ridley Scott only wants to do Alien movies from this point forward. Which is weird because he wanted nothing to do with the franchise for 3 decades.

So I got my Prime 1 1:2 Superman

34536288602_8249a19592_b.jpg

I'll post more pics and my thoughts in a spoiler so I don't clog up this thread.

My first thought on 1:2 scale is its really different. It is MASSIVE and will completely dwarf any collectibles you have near it and make them look completely irrelevant lol.

This piece in hand has in my opinion the best likeness of any actor from any license I have ever seen.

34697995845_ea24cf0bc0_b.jpg

34698001335_482efc5149_b.jpg

34567570531_a9705a2f29_b.jpg

33855711464_456def001a_b.jpg

The paint app on this thing is insane! I have never seen anything like it. I really wish I had a better camera because it looks even better in person. The likeness is dead-on, the camera distorts the shape a bit. I have never seen any company capable of doing shading like this for their flesh tones. It is made out of resin so parts of it look semi-translucent under certain condition which makes it look even more life-like.

When you get in close and hit the piece with a camera flash, you can actually see they even painted beard stubble on it! :OMG: At $2K there are certain details that I think a piece should have in the facial detail department and this piece has all of them! Sideshow could never pull off something like this.

34657657236_733e2587c0_b.jpg

The suit itself is really awesome, and really has a shiny effect to it under lighting. I think they achieved this by painting the body itself silver like Hot Toys did with theirs, when light penetrates the suit it just shoots the light back giving it the shimmering effect like is seen on screen. Unfortunately my camera doesn't really pick it up.

33855701374_2daf129dd6_b.jpg

34698012865_c8e70fea43_b.jpg

34658997486_a68c2d5cfd_b.jpg

33889748673_0db507fc0a_b.jpg

The hands themselves are almost as awesome as the face. There is detail like I've never seen before, including veins and wrinkles. The knuckles also have a slightly reddish hue added to them like real human hands.

34567565871_05e627b402_b.jpg

33855689984_ba07c3fb6d_b.jpg

The only thing I feel slightly disappointed with is the base, which after seeing all of the amazing detail of the figure feels kind of plain. The paint quality is phenomenal like I would expect from Prime 1, but I just wish they would have picked something a little more exciting.

34699467765_0f82a06ba4_b.jpg

At $2K I definitely have more thoughts and opinions about this than I would a normal $400-$500 statue. My favorite viewing distance from this is about 5-6 feet away. It really gives you a sense of the sheer size of this thing. The only slight negative I would say is when you get closer to it that somehow diminishes the size of this and it becomes more apparent that it is a little over 3 feet tall. Although, I do see that as a slight negative, when you get really close the details of the face and suit also become much more apparent and your focus changes from the size of it to the details. When you get in really close you can even see they sculpted pores in his face!!! :OMG: I literally have never seen details like that from any company ever! Its so amazing!

But the big question is, is this worth $2K? Hmm... I don't know. I think its worth far more than anything I've ever seen from SS, but deep down I think a PF is really only worth $250-$300 max. I'll pay more for certain characters I like, or for characters I really like from a license that I want to collect more of, but I really don't think they are worth anywhere near what they are charging. So what do I think this is worth, I really can't say after such a short period of time. I've stared at this more than any other piece I've ever received, and I'm discovering new details daily. I do absolutely love it though!

1:2 Batman will be arriving next week Friday as long as I don't run into any hiccups along the way.

Holy crap, that is awesome! The detail is incredible. I'm sure it looks even better in person! I hope I don't love Justice League so I don't want this later on, ha. I am afraid to get into any 1:3 or 1:2 stuff because I have a feeling it would make my 1:4 scale seem inferior like you said. I couldn't go back to 1:6 after I had made the jump to 1:4. What do you have it displayed on right now? I guess the real question on whether or not it was worth it is if you're happy with him?

Have you fixed your Kylo robes yet? Mine looks terrible because of how wrinkled they are. I read that you need to boil water then dip a spoon in there to use it as an iron. Seems like so much extra work after the amount of money I paid, ha.

I finally bought a new wireless router. I was tired of my Netflix and other streaming services constantly buffering or dropping the connection. I've had no issues since I got a new one.

They stated at Billy Dee William's panel that he is NOT in Episode VIII. They told us to tweet online to get him into Episode IX. You can tell he's getting up there, he was struggling with some of the questions and just looked plain worn out.

The first Guardians was still better, but I really did enjoy the new one. Yondu and Drax were the best characters.

I wonder if Ridley has come up with plans for the direction of the Alien franchise after all these years. I'm trying to decide if I should go to that or not. A bunch of my coworkers are into superhero movies so we went to Guardians on preview night and are already planning on doing Wonder Woman on Thursday night as well. I'm liking these Thursday night movies.

Holy crap, that is awesome! The detail is incredible. I'm sure it looks even better in person! I hope I don't love Justice League so I don't want this later on, ha. I am afraid to get into any 1:3 or 1:2 stuff because I have a feeling it would make my 1:4 scale seem inferior like you said. I couldn't go back to 1:6 after I had made the jump to 1:4. What do you have it displayed on right now? I guess the real question on whether or not it was worth it is if you're happy with him?

Have you fixed your Kylo robes yet? Mine looks terrible because of how wrinkled they are. I read that you need to boil water then dip a spoon in there to use it as an iron. Seems like so much extra work after the amount of money I paid, ha.

I finally bought a new wireless router. I was tired of my Netflix and other streaming services constantly buffering or dropping the connection. I've had no issues since I got a new one.

They stated at Billy Dee William's panel that he is NOT in Episode VIII. They told us to tweet online to get him into Episode IX. You can tell he's getting up there, he was struggling with some of the questions and just looked plain worn out.

The first Guardians was still better, but I really did enjoy the new one. Yondu and Drax were the best characters.

I wonder if Ridley has come up with plans for the direction of the Alien franchise after all these years. I'm trying to decide if I should go to that or not. A bunch of my coworkers are into superhero movies so we went to Guardians on preview night and are already planning on doing Wonder Woman on Thursday night as well. I'm liking these Thursday night movies.

Thanks man! I bought a sofa table from Wayfair for these. Its really similar to a black/brown besta in color, and its about the same size if you would take 2 single besta cubes and put them next to eachother with legs added to them. It puts the head just above eye level which in my opinion is the absolute best viewing height. Too low and it would make it look too small, too high and the best details would be taken too far above eye level. I was looking at pedestals but the ones I liked were almost $300 each and shipping was almost $300 each as well. I didn't think that was worth it. At 90 lbs each I didn't want to risk putting it on top of a besta cube either, I wanted to make sure I found something that was weight tested to hold all that weight. I am definitely VERY happy with him! Its way better in person than I thought it was going to be. I can't wait to have him and Bats displayed together. I can't say if its worth $2K, but I'm already kind of bummed that I didn't order Wonder Woman now. Its that awesome! As PF prices continue to rise and with XM stuff coming in around $1K or more it was easier for me now to pull the trigger on the $2K 1:2 stuff. If PF prices were already where they are now when SS made their 1:2 Maul I might have actually gotten it too, but I don't think the details on that would be near anything that Prime 1 could do. Now SS wants $2K for 1:2 R2 and $2.2K for 1:2 3PO o_O.

My Kylo is really frumpled. I'm just going to let mine sit for a couple months and see what gravity does to his clothing, I'm definitely not going to try adding boiling water or ironing this thing. As much as I love PFs I'm just not putting that much effort into making their clothing look perfect :p.

I thought it was my router that was the problem, but I plugged my computer directly into my cable modem just to check and sure enough it was the modem. I should probably get a new router as well as its also kind of old.

At his age I don't think I'd want to be going to cons and have nerds asking me questions all day lol. I'd probably be really tired too. It would be great to see him get a cameo in IX though.

Let me know how WW is. I'm about 60% on seeing it right now. I really like the trailers I've seen for it.