SteelCases Open Or Sealed?

Steelcases-do you open them or keep them sealed?

• I open them when I watch them, but I do protect them

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • I never open them-all are sealed

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • It depends, the more rare ones stay sealed

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • I open them as soon as I receive them

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • It depends on other factors

Votes: 9 9.8%

Votes: 32 34.8%

Votes: 16 17.4%

Votes: 32 34.8%

Votes: 16 17.4%

• Total voters
Given the choice they'll stay sealed. Occasionally I'll have to buy them open, in which case if they don't have a sleeve, they get one. Even the rarer ones in shrinkwrap get a sleeve if it will fit.

I always keep these sealed given their rarity. But if I find a rare, open one....I won't pass it up. :drool:

Open them all ! :scat:
We're talking about blu-rays, not gold bricks. There's a movie in these (beautiful) cases, and it deserves to be viewed !

We need to open the steelcase (or steelbook, ironpack, boxset, or whatever you want) to see and feel the real quality of this great package.

First and fourth options, for me : "I open them as soon as I receive them, then I watch them, but I do protect them" :)

Last edited:
Depends...some I already had the regular editions so no point in opening the STEELS. If it's rare...I'll try to keep it sealed by finding a cheap used regular edition to watch. But I hear ya bidou... It's hard to fully appreciate the artwork and craftsmanship unless you open.

We're talking about blu-rays, not gold bricks. There's a movie in these (beautiful) cases, and it deserves to be viewed !

We need to open the steelcase (or steelbook, ironpack, boxset, or whatever you want) to see and feel the real quality of this great package.

First and fourth options, for me : "I open them as soon as I receive them, then I watch them, but I do protect them" :)

Im with you i open as soon as i get them...:scat:...:D

Reactions: pokjak290

As much as I love my steels, I love movies more

Haven't received my 3d Blu-Ray player yet, so opening them now would be meaningless :hilarious:

I'm going to open some of them though, the movies I want to watch. The others I'm going to keep sealed for the collection :)

in the very beginning i use to open them, feel them, smell them, watch them... :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

after some time and because my free time is less and less i keep them close and if we decided to watch one rip it apart baby take no prisonersss!!!! :scat:

Now when it comes to rare pieces mmmmm baby here is a different story. The rule is one. Dont touch them (me excluded of course) and keep a distance of at least 2 feet :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I find no point in keeping them sealed.
I buy them to watch em, if I kept em sealed then I would have to double dip and get the amaray cases as well. No point in that.
I display my collection proudly and open.

Open of course. One for the movie and two to see if there is any damage. If you keep them for a big while sealed, and when there is a moment you remove the seal, and you OOP steelbook has damage, you screwed your self. Unless you maybe have multiple copys or something.

And three: I like to polybag steelbooks. :)

Last edited:

I am with you... got to experience it all! :scat:

Here's the biggest reason why I keep many sealed .... Even if I wash my hands, many times I leave fingerprints on them ... and it drives me nuts. If I'm gonna open them all, I'll be putting rubber gloves on when handling them... just thinking of having to do that, drives me more nuts. So Im an insane freak regardless. Many times I'm seen handling the ones I do open with a paper towel so I dont have to worry about fingerprints smudges .... and yes, the wife thinks I'm crazy. Just those fingerprint smudges drive me insane cause I keep trying to get them to go away.

wonder if a spray would easily wipe that off? So then I could handle them without caring about fingerprint smudges lol.

Reactions: blahblah
Here's the biggest reason why I keep many sealed .... Even if I wash my hands, many times I leave fingerprints on them ... and it drives me nuts. If I'm gonna open them all, I'll be putting rubber gloves on when handling them... just thinking of having to do that, drives me more nuts. So Im an insane freak regardless. Many times I'm seen handling the ones I do open with a paper towel so I dont have to worry about fingerprints smudges .... and yes, the wife thinks I'm crazy. Just those fingerprint smudges drive me insane cause I keep trying to get them to go away.

wonder if a spray would easily wipe that off? So then I could handle them without caring about fingerprint smudges lol.

I know what you mean Wreck! I only have 4 steelcases but I wanted to open one just to see what they felt like in hand as I had never had any before. It was the first Godfather and you are right about the fingerprint marks, they get everywhere especially on a black cover. I am going to keep mine sealed from now on I think!

For me I like to watch the movie, so they get opened! For the rare expensive ones, I already have the amarays anyway so I keep them sealed for trade or sell later so I have already double dipped anyway. I hate the glue that sticks the flyer behind the SB. I had one with a 4 inch scratch mark on the back. Lucky I took this off and then returned it. When you pull off the cardboard data sheet on the back, it can rip sometimes rip the paint work off as well so I like to check the case is okay and then gets sealed up in the plastic protectors.