SteelCases Open Or Sealed?

Steelcases-do you open them or keep them sealed?

• I open them when I watch them, but I do protect them

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • I never open them-all are sealed

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • It depends, the more rare ones stay sealed

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • I open them as soon as I receive them

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • It depends on other factors

Votes: 9 9.8%

Votes: 32 34.8%

Votes: 16 17.4%

Votes: 32 34.8%

Votes: 16 17.4%

• Total voters
I keep mine sealed as much as possible, but my main bugbear is getting a rare steel and the discs are loose :-(

I tend to watch the films on Netflix or Sky HD, so I don't need to open them!

Does anyone know if the loose discs can be reattached without opening the factory seal?

I keep mine sealed as much as possible, but my main bugbear is getting a rare steel and the discs are loose :-(

I tend to watch the films on Netflix or Sky HD, so I don't need to open them!

Does anyone know if the loose discs can be reattached without opening the factory seal?

I could not watch it on netflix or sky otherwise it puts my home cinema system to waste lol. You might as well enjoy the likes of Dolby True HD 7.1 and DTS-HD Master 7.1 and better picture :) by opening and enjoying the blu-rays played on the bluray player.

I could not watch it on netflix or sky otherwise it puts my home cinema system to waste lol. You might as well enjoy the likes of Dolby True HD 7.1 and DTS-HD Master 7.1 and better picture :) by opening and enjoying the blu-rays played on the bluray player.

I don't have a home cinema system, so I'm not really bothered! And most films on sky HD look crystal clear so you couldn't tell the difference on picture. Anyway! Some Blu's have a **** transfer rate anyway, some of them look like they have been copied from DVD! Keeping them sealed or not is a personal choice and I like to keep em sealed!

I don't have a home cinema system, so I'm not really bothered! And most films on sky HD look crystal clear so you couldn't tell the difference on picture. Anyway! Some Blu's have a **** transfer rate anyway, some of them look like they have been copied from DVD! Keeping them sealed or not is a personal choice and I like to keep em sealed!

I disagree mate, until you get yourself a decent AV and blu-ray player connected up with 7 channel sound from 7 speakers and 1 sub you will see the difference :)

But if your not bothered about picture and sound it doesn't matter at all :)

Back to open or sealed? 80 percent opened, 20 percent sealed.

Last edited:
Reactions: wyatt03
I mostly open my steelbooks... I have a passion for films and love watching these film (Like ALL HiDef Ninja's).. I am a collector of films and when you spend money on these you MUST want to appreciate the Artwork (FRONT,BACK,INSIDE) and you cannot do this with sealed copies. Also I don't really plan to get ride of them as I am very picky on what I sometimes buy...

I only open them as I get around to watch them. If I have doubled on films with different artwork then I might keep them sealed for NOW but when I have more space to display them then I might open them..

Great discussion guys.... keep it going. :scat:

Only the spares stay sealed, if I were receiving a trade then I would want em sealed so would others I guess. Also if they're spare why open them? I open all my steels even if I don't watch em right away :scat: Only time I feel guilty about opening them is when it's in a trade and I know it's been seen for ages already. Also, I felt guilty about opening my Iron man yesterday.. :D

I do have my own personal points of reason. I acquire it under my own expense and my personal satisfaction cannot superseded by other's personal opinion

And, Yes - I have all my steelbooks, metal cases, metal box... etc SEALED

Should you see an image from me which is opened, rest assured it is part of multiple "backup copies" of that open copy.

I open them, but immediately put them in covers.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

After all I would hate to buy duplicates of a ton of movies.