Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 5, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £22.99

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I'm on my own but I've never liked that mushroom cloud poster. Looks too kiddie and childish
Maybe it will look better in hand

Don't even have it pre ordered and in no rush either because it wasn't as good as I hoped so I'll wait for a price drop or in hand pics.
Would like to see the uncut version though, maybe I'll prefer it like with BvS

I'm with you, not too keen on the front. Would have liked the mock up art for it. But like the back and inside of the steel.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
It's made $739 million at the box office on a budget of $175 million. Its also the 8th highest grossing movie of the year.

While I do agree that this is more a ploy by Warner Bros. to sell more copies of the home release, I wouldn't call it a box office dud.

• Thanks
Reactions: bluray hunter
I agree it was hardly a flop lol
It was one of my favourites of the year loved it just wanted more joker

Why don't people understand that this is genuine poster artwork for the film? It is supposed to be the way it is lol.
The editing and placement of heads etc is supposed to be that way. It's weird and different because so is the film!
It is in a cartoony style because they are based on comic characters. Can you see the atomic explosion within the design?
It's a representation of personality and chaos.

You don't have to like it and it's always going to be subjective, like anything art related,
but it's nothing to do with anything being badly photoshopped etc.

Everytime there's artwork that somebody doesn't like on here it's always a case of "badly photoshopped" comments.
Ridiculous. Go away and study graphic design and then return with some knowledge please because
I think the designers know a little bit more about it than you and I.
As you said it's very subjective, this may be genuine poster art but it still doesn't work for me. It does have a random throw everything on there look to me. The designers do know more about art than I do but that doesn't mean I have to like it!:)

Not the art I would've gone with (I preferred the temp art), but I still quite like it... at least DC/Warner know how to do proper spines, unlike Marvel/Disney. :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: bluray hunter
Why don't people understand that this is genuine poster artwork for the film? It is supposed to be the way it is lol.
The editing and placement of heads etc is supposed to be that way. It's weird and different because so is the film!
It is in a cartoony style because they are based on comic characters. Can you see the atomic explosion within the design?
It's a representation of personality and chaos.

You don't have to like it and it's always going to be subjective, like anything art related,
but it's nothing to do with anything being badly photoshopped etc.

Everytime there's artwork that somebody doesn't like on here it's always a case of "badly photoshopped" comments.
Ridiculous. Go away and study graphic design and then return with some knowledge please because
I think the designers know a little bit more about it than you and I.

Cough cough* like I stated, "I've never liked this mushroom cloud poster" meaning I know it's genuine and supposed to be like that, I've just not liked it since day 1 of seeing it.
But just because an apparent professional made it, it don't mean I have to like it or think it's professionally made.
I understand what they were "trying" to achieve but they failed miserably with "badly photoshopped cut and paste heads and shoulders"

You make it sound like just because a artist or designer etc makes a poster and photoshops them into a pose or random location on a poster it has to be correct and looks great when some people (must be the creative types or something) can see where improvement can be made

Obviously it's down the individuals eye and taste and some are photoshopped well and some badly which others will agree or disagree but I'm personally hoping we either get a WEA with hopefully better art OR this turns out gloss or at least spot glossed on the characters/ mushroom cloud. Could save it and make the colours pop out (matte won't do it justice)

Either way I'll still pick up a copy of this or another version but I'd rather see in hand pics first (unless better art is announced - looking at you Zeta)

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
If they had to go "busy" on the front instead of simple then they could have gone all the way with the title printed once in the middle and the comic book fight sound effects included in the design - may be considered too "boxy" and not flowing like the mushroom cloud artwork though but I personally like the way that each character has his or her own space in the design and reminds me a bit of a stained glass window.with thin strips of lead holding the panels in place.
II
V

47c25e42-c4a2-41db-9bb2-ff4df6206bf0.jpg

For something very different to the other SUICIDE SQUAD artworks that I've come across, but equally artistic, there's always this one in B&W which I quite like but accept I may be alone in liking the B&W treatment for what is reportedly a very colourful film :-

legiao_mk3BJivOfgDXy57e9o8j_TS4N6xWc1QPR02hwEuqGr.jpg

Last edited:
I would be all over that black and white art with the pink title.
Or would work well as a full slip

I really like it, I was thinking and of course it would have been a total cash in but not the first time it's ever been done lol but if they had done different characters on different ones like they used to do with some cd covers you choose who you want so like a joker one, a Harley one etc etc that would have been cool although i would have been torn between Harley and Joker. I think this is a cool simple design kinda comic book like, I really like it don't even mind if it's matte it looks cool glad most of the characters are featured prominently. I think it's a nice job well done HMV and making it the extended cut is awesome :thumbs:

Yes, this is one steelbook crying out for a slipcase with hopefully a choice of artwork for the customer not enamoured with what we have been given.
If Zavvi (x 7) and Zoom (x 5) can do it surely HMV can also get a few on board ?