Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 5, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £22.99

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Still TBC artwork but I kind of like the updated AMARAY art for this on BR.com and much prefer it to the original mock-up.
Prefer the new colouring, the off-center "skull", the new position of the title and no cast names.
Not ideal and not as dramatic as some images but marks for creativity and could even live with this image on the front cover of the steelbook:-

159260_large.jpg

Large:
Front
159260_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
I just watched it! Cool film, I don't know why the bad reviews or the comparison with the crap that is B VS S but I def will have this, hope we have different art works!

Quite like the poster art, I think if they were to use that then giving the right treatment it would be superb, emboss the character's and title, deboss the eye's (including the joker) and nose, make it a super glossy fingerprint magnet and maybe use Harley as the back image.....

Quite like the poster art, I think if they were to use that then giving the right treatment it would be superb, emboss the character's and title, deboss the eye's (including the joker) and nose, make it a super glossy fingerprint magnet and maybe use Harley as the back image.....
More like this?:rofl:;)
image.jpeg

Is this irony?
Joker is the center of the picture even though he is hardly even in the film.

No irony intended and after reading up about it after your comment I'm thinking that it must be one of the older posters created for the film . . . i.e. when The Joker was more "centre stage" and before the role was drastically cut back.

The reasons for the role cutback is reportedly because of "His controversial abusive relationship with Harley Quinn with his scenes with her cut to limit their physically and verbally abusive style of "love"".

That's not to say that an alternative "R" rated cut with the extra 10 MINUTES PLUS of cut scenes revealing the abusive dynamic of the relationship - more faithful to its comic book origins - will not appear at some point in the future . . .

RE: CUTS: Earlier this month it was revealed that "SUICIDE SQUAD had competing cuts with a lighter version tested against the director's more somber take. In the end, the lighter, studio-favored option won out"
. . . and in more detail there's this from Alex Osborn (IGN) "According to a new report, there was a lot of drama behind the scenes during the production of SUICIDE SQUAD as director David Ayer and Warner Bros. executives struggled to settle on the tone of the film. Inside sources told The Hollywood Reporter that there were two different cuts of Suicide Squad and that a lighter version was tested against the director's more somber take. Ayer agreed to participate in the studio's process of trying out multiple tones, which added millions of dollars to the film's budget.
After the feedback was received from screening the two different cuts, Ayer and Warners' execs sought to find "a very common-ground place," and the lighter, studio-favored option that brought in more characters early on ultimately won out.
According to additional sources, there was "a lot of panic and ego" involved in solving the film's tone problem, and Ayer was "under a lot — a lot — of pressure" to resolve the situation and needed more time. It's worth noting that Ayer temporarily switched agents back in June, suggesting something was indeed troubling the director."

As Jared Leto himself says about his new role in the film "I felt tricked into taking the role as The Joker in SUICIDE SQUAD" and "sort of tricked into being a part of something that had been pitched to me very differently." Even though he reportedly has something like 8 minutes of screen time he mentions in interviews that "He shot enough Joker material for a whole movie" and there's reportedly more of him in the trailers and TV spots than in the actual film which is at odds with the whole build-up where he was the main focus of the marketing.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/08/...terial-for-a-whole-movie-lobbied-for-r-rating
https://creators.co/@DrFink/4027173

Last laugh? We shall see . . .

jvfhcnhvu9xq9obmjiog.gif

No irony intended and after reading up about it after your comment I'm thinking that it must be one of the older posters created for the film . . . i.e. when The Joker was more "centre stage" and before the role was drastically cut back.

The reasons for the role cutback is reportedly because of "His controversial abusive relationship with Harley Quinn with his scenes with her cut to limit their physically and verbally abusive style of "love"".

That's not to say that an alternative "R" rated cut with the extra 10 MINUTES PLUS of cut scenes revealing the abusive dynamic of the relationship - more faithful to its comic book origins - will not appear at some point in the future . . .

RE: CUTS: Earlier this month it was revealed that "SUICIDE SQUAD had competing cuts with a lighter version tested against the director's more somber take. In the end, the lighter, studio-favored option won out"
. . . and in more detail there's this from Alex Osborn (IGN) "According to a new report, there was a lot of drama behind the scenes during the production of SUICIDE SQUAD as director David Ayer and Warner Bros. executives struggled to settle on the tone of the film. Inside sources told The Hollywood Reporter that there were two different cuts of Suicide Squad and that a lighter version was tested against the director's more somber take. Ayer agreed to participate in the studio's process of trying out multiple tones, which added millions of dollars to the film's budget.
After the feedback was received from screening the two different cuts, Ayer and Warners' execs sought to find "a very common-ground place," and the lighter, studio-favored option that brought in more characters early on ultimately won out.
According to additional sources, there was "a lot of panic and ego" involved in solving the film's tone problem, and Ayer was "under a lot — a lot — of pressure" to resolve the situation and needed more time. It's worth noting that Ayer temporarily switched agents back in June, suggesting something was indeed troubling the director."

As Jared Leto himself says about his new role in the film "I felt tricked into taking the role as The Joker in SUICIDE SQUAD" and "sort of tricked into being a part of something that had been pitched to me very differently." Even though he reportedly has something like 8 minutes of screen time he mentions in interviews that "He shot enough Joker material for a whole movie" and there's reportedly more of him in the trailers and TV spots than in the actual film which is at odds with the whole build-up where he was the main focus of the marketing.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/08/...terial-for-a-whole-movie-lobbied-for-r-rating

jvfhcnhvu9xq9obmjiog.gif

Yes. The abusive relationship is exactly what IS the HQ/Joker story. But, I'm not surpised they wanted that out.
I'm still gobsmacked that a studio would allow a TRAILER HOUSE to cut a version of one of their multimilliondollar properties. Seriously, who in their right mind thought that was a good idea?
(Maybe, back in the day I would let Imaginary Forces have a go, but....seriously...)

jvfhcnhvu9xq9obmjiog.gif
Very interesting post, I personally would like to see a dark incarnation of this franchise, and from what you say it seem's Jared Leto was under the impression that's what this was going to be, I understand why they went with the final cut from a merchandise etc point of view had to water it down to get the rating it did to allow a younger audience to see it...

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
As a worldwide release I'll be watching this one like a hawk, they try and pull that Disney #%^ a day before release and we see artwork go up with no title and their faces down the side and I can see a tsunami of cancellations, with me at the front of the queue.

Hoping to see a directors cut with all the cut footage of the joker later on, though to be honest I suspect that's been their tactic all along, much like with Star Wars a new hope, studios are holding stuff back on purpose these days just to force people to double dip. Even with the 3D edition coming out soon, they still haven't released all the deleted footage that was cut, so I fully expect to see an extended edition when episode 8 gets released too. I'm sure suicide squad will go the same way.

• Thanks
Reactions: bluray hunter
Finally see this the other day,

Film was pretty dire in places with odd editing and dead air. Had some OK moments but as a whole was pretty crap.
DC are failing in my opinion and with the awful trailer for wonder woman and justice league I can't see it getting better. BvS DC was better than the theatrical but still not a great film

They need to leave the humour out of DC films and maybe have the odd funny moment (but different with suicide squad due to the misfits but the humour was soooo badly forced with people like killer Kroc - omg he was awful)

Marvel are killing them

Not much of a spoiler but someone would moan:

Joker and Harley was great but most of Harley's best bits were in the trailers. But the film opened up some amazing perving moments lol

Joker is awesome though, even if we only get about 10 mins of him, he's like a evil mob boss/ pimp who seems like he's on heroin half the time, loved it - one particular scene - the club scene.

Mexican guy was cool and didn't mind Cara's character

Boomerang and flag were awful too, especially that jai t*sser

But I imgaine I'll still get it at some point to go with the rest of my superhero/ DC and Marvel steels

Reactions: lgans316
Yes, unfortunately that poster wouldn't work for the Theatrical Release (with Joker's 8 minutes of screen time etc.etc.) but could be perfect for an Extended or Alternate "R" Cut :thumbs: