Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: December 13, 2016
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
SS Best Buy artwork.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone gotten a digital code? They've been running ads on tv "Own it on digital 4 weeks before Blu-Ray." Did I miss an email from Best Buy?

I have to buy the 3D version if I want the 3D

I dont use 3D so it be pointless for me. It won't benefit you in your situation but wil certainly benefit me so I don't have to buy another 4K steelbook if they do release another. I would say in 2018 most people would start moving onto 4K so it's good that these distributors are thinking ahead.

I dont use 3D so it be pointless for me. It won't benefit you in your situation but wil certainly benefit me so I don't have to buy another 4K steelbook if they do release another. I would say in 2018 most people would start moving onto 4K so it's good that these distributors are thinking ahead.
I doubt that 2018 be more like 2020 or later
Most customers don't get a HD TV replaced or upgraded until after 5-8 years
4K UHD Player and 4K TV been the main TV and Blu-ray players in a home is a long way off
1080p HD TV and 3D and 2D Blu-ray players will be in the majority of homes for at least the next 5-6 years

It's not like upgrading from DVD to Blu-ray

All 4K discs are region free. The BD is region locked (if applicable)
I doubt that 2018 be more like 2020 or later
Most customers don't get TV replaced or upgraded until after 5-8 years
4K UHD and 4K TV been the main TV in a home is a long way off
1080p HD TV and 3D and 2D Blu-ray players will be in the majority of homes for at least the next 5-6 years

It's not like upgrading from DVD to Blu-ray

I respectfully disagree Mr Boland. The prices of the TV's are pretty much stumbling to standard LED/Plasma prices for HD. Anyone buying a new television now will buy a 4K as the prices are much more competitive. Upgrading from DVD to Blu-ray was different because the prices in TV was much more different and expensive from DVD to HD. Now if you browse on the web so many affordable 4K televisions. The main factor to consider for the upgrade is the price. I know many people who are buying new TV's and they are choosing 4K because the price is good, why not? At least you have 4K ready at your disposal. All you need is an affordable player.

I respectfully disagree Mr Boland. The prices of the TV's are pretty much stumbling to standard LED/Plasma prices for HD. Anyone buying a new television now will buy a 4K as the prices are much more competitive. Upgrading from DVD to Blu-ray was different because the prices in TV was much more different and expensive from DVD to HD. Now if you browse on the web so many affordable 4K televisions. The main factor to consider for the upgrade is the price. I know many people who are buying new TV's and they are choosing 4K because the price is good, why not? At least you have 4K ready at your disposal. All you need is an affordable player.
Your missing the part most customers wont feel the need to upgrade to a 4K TV for years when 1080p HD TV gives you brilliant picture anyway
Price dropping a lot now or following year still wont cause most homes to upgrade to 4K TV when they are happy enough with 1080p HD TV

Your missing the part most customers wont feel the need to upgrade to a 4K TV for years when 1080p HD TV gives you brilliant picture anyway
Price dropping a lot now or following year still wont cause most homes to upgrade to 4K TV when they are happy enough with 1080p HD TV

I understand the quality from DVD to Bluray is much better than the transfer from Bluray to 4KUHD. Yes you made a point but do not disregard my point of affordability. That is a crucial factor which I feel you are also missing the point.

When Blu-ray entered the market the discs itself was very expensive. The Bluray Players and HD TV's were much more expensive so transferring from DVD to Bluray took a lot longer for the market due to the cost involved. As it was not affordable to most of the market the transition was much slower. Now it is a lot different.

Now what we have is a much more affordable transition from Bluray to 4KUHD.

Right now as it stands 4K is still very new and it's now making an impression on the market with a lot of positives. If it is affordable, wouldn't you want to watch a 200M dollar budget movie on a 4KUHD television and enjoy the best experience? The discs itself are not much more expensive. We obviously keep our Blurays because there be plenty of movies 4K would not make in the early days.

I would say end of 2018, most would had made the transition to 4KUHD. That means buying a new release movie on 4KUHD instead of Blu-ray. Of course we will still buy Blu-rays because not every movie is going to be released on 4K anytime soon. I'm still buying DVD's!

You are kidding right? There are still tons of people that still only buy DVD's:rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
You are kidding right? There are still tons of people that still only buy DVD's:rofl:

I am referring to Blu-ray to 4KUHD. Not DVD to 4K LOL. I know a lot of people that use DVD's. They tell me the picture quality isn't much different, in otherwords I don't think they eve care. Well I made my points with Paul. HD users can decide on when to make a change. Peace.

I understand the quality from DVD to Bluray is much better than the transfer from Bluray to 4KUHD. Yes you made a point but do not disregard my point of affordability. That is a crucial factor which I feel you are also missing the point.

When Blu-ray entered the market the discs itself was very expensive. The Bluray Players and HD TV's were much more expensive so transferring from DVD to Bluray took a lot longer for the market due to the cost involved. As it was not affordable to most of the market the transition was much slower. Now it is a lot different.

Now what we have is a much more affordable transition from Bluray to 4KUHD.

Right now as it stands 4K is still very new and it's now making an impression on the market with a lot of positives. If it is affordable, wouldn't you want to watch a 200M dollar budget movie on a 4KUHD television and enjoy the best experience? The discs itself are not much more expensive. We obviously keep our Blurays because there be plenty of movies 4K would not make in the early days.

I would say end of 2018, most would had made the transition to 4KUHD. That means buying a new release movie on 4KUHD instead of Blu-ray. Of course we will still buy Blu-rays because not every movie is going to be released on 4K anytime soon. I'm still buying DVD's!
Thread getting off track here
Most homes only upgraded to 1080p HD in past 5-8 years they don't have a need to change to a 4K TV at the moment unless it stops working or most broadcasts on TV gets changed to 4K
Apart from a small amount Sky Sports/BT Sports Football in 4K most TV broadcasts are still in SD or Standard 1080i or 1080p HD

• Thanks
Reactions: Ricker
Thread getting off track here
Most homes only upgraded to 1080p HD in past 5-8 years they don't have a need to change to a 4K TV at the moment unless it stops working or most broadcasts on TV gets changed to 4K
Apart from a small amount Sky Sports/BT Sports Football in 4K most TV broadcasts are still in SD or Standard 1080i or 1080p HD

I think you misinterpreted when I say 'most' I don't mean the general market that still watch DVD's and watch their TV's until they break. To clarify when I say most it is the transition from people enjoying watching Blurays to 4K. If we are talking about the whole general public that is not a good comparison to use. If we are going to go on this interpretation of this transition then yes it would take years. Many people still don't even use Blurays.....
Keep it simple, the transition from Bluray to 4K. In other words buying a new 4K release movie instead of Bluray. This debate would be more relevant to movie fans, not the whole of the UK Population. That's my last post in regarding this before Apollon starts moving our posts again lol.

Reactions: paulboland