On Air Supergirl (Season 4) [The CW]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
11267725_687199821409708_278845256173025125_n.jpg

Supergirl is an action-adventure drama based on the DC Comics character Kara Zor-El, Superman’s (Kal-El) cousin who, after 12 years of keeping her powers a secret on Earth, decides to finally embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Twelve-year-old Kara escaped the doomed planet Krypton with her parents’ help at the same time as the infant Kal-El. Protected and raised on Earth by her foster family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex, and learned to conceal the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin in order to keep her identity a secret. Years later at 24, Kara lives in National City assisting media mogul and fierce taskmaster Cat Grant. She works alongside her friend and IT technician Winn Schott and famous photographer James Olsen, who Grant just hired away from the Daily Planet to serve as her new art director. However, Kara’s days of keeping her talents a secret are over when Hank Henshaw, head of a super-secret agency where her sister also works, enlists her to help them protect the citizens of National City from sinister threats. Though Kara will need to find a way to manage her newfound empowerment with her very human relationships, her heart soars as she takes to the skies as Supergirl to fight crime

Old Info:
Warner Brothers and the CW TV Network have announced that a new DC series is in the works for television: SUPERGIRL. ...

For the full story, please check out Michael Madison's post HERE! :thumbs:

Attachments

• Supergirl.jpeg
    Supergirl.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 403
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm downloading the pilot right now so we will see.As far as the other shows go, i doubt it will be better than the flash or Gotham but beating Agents of shield shouldn't be hard ,That show is horrible.
Watched the pilot and was impressed with the cgi but there were a few things that were off or made no sense.

First of all, i see they have decided to do what everyone thought they would.There are at least five unnecessary use of feminist or feminism.We get it ,she s a girl that's a superhero. Like that's never been done.And the worst part is they build up to the moment's so obviously. like the woman in the dinner and the final fight where Danvers goes"Why?because she's a girl".Made me cringe.The worse was the almost fired scene.if they lay off this tone in the final show it will be 100 times better.

Secondly , the story makes no sense.A lot of stuff just happens to make a perfect storm.Hopefully they can explain more as the season goes on.The pilot leaves a lot to be desired.The back story just feels thrown together.Like there are some scenes missing.

The show does do some things amazing, though.The suit looks good and the supporting cast is OK. Melissa has the look and her personality fits the role.The CGI is awesome for a new show.Must have a nice size budget.
overall i might watch a few episodes to see where it goes, but they have to fix a few things

6.2/10

Miss Smoak finally has some competition in the hot girl wearing glasses division .
melissaonset10.jpg

I don't know how I feel about this.

Supergirl is a character I guess like I feel quite protective over, I have always loved superman and super girl growing up, from dressing up as her as a small child, watching the film (which I love) to the comics and reinventions.

I don't know if this new series has it for me, it seems very cheesy, very 'politically correct' and all a bit over the top.

I will reserve final judgement till proper series but I am unsure just now.

Reactions: denizen
They have chosen to "Protect" her by creating the character respectfully. This is what we know Kara to be. I m quite relieved after watching the pilot that no unnecessary exposure came of the character. You might be pleasantly surprised.

They have chosen to "Protect" her by creating the character respectfully. This is what we know Kara to be. I m quite relieved after watching the pilot that no unnecessary exposure came of the character. You might be pleasantly surprised.
No one expected them to sex her up on NBC,So she was never gonna be shown in a bad light, but they can stand to lay off the PC peddle.The show has lost of potential IMO but they have to let the character breathe.

Reactions: digitalbabe
For sure. But they are testing the waters mate. We live in a society that immediately judges a book by its cover. They chose to go in a "safe" starting point. It is a show and things in a show eventually change. The best thing is to see where it goes from here.

The show is being primarily aimed at girls 8 to 12 years old. That's who was invited to meet the cast at a special preview screening, not grown adults. Anything aiming at kids is going to be PC.

Reactions: Flash
The show is being primarily aimed at girls 8 to 12 years old. That's who was invited to meet the cast at a special preview screening, not grown adults. Anything aiming at kids is going to be PC.
The character may be aimed at 12 year old girls, but the female cast is aimed at 18 - 40 viewers.And let's be honest, if it's comic book related the demographic is going to be mostly male no matter the sex of the character.If they wanted an all girls demo, they should have made her younger.

And not all shows aimed at kids are PC.Especially, not sponge bob and most of CN.

Reactions: psychoscot
The character may be aimed at 12 year old girls, but the female cast is aimed at 18 - 40 viewers.And let's be honest, if it's comic book related the demographic is going to be mostly male no matter the sex of the character.If they wanted an all girls demo, they should have made her younger.

And not all shows aimed at kids are PC.Especially, not sponge bob and most of CN.

Incorrect on most of that.

Talking to the people at DC this show's biggest audience "they hope" will be pre-teen girls, and judging by the responce on Twitter thats who has been the most vocal since they are the ones that start fan accounts and promote the show the heaviest on Social media, which is what the studio wants.They have done their homework well and looked at Lost Girl, Bitten and few others to see how to target females first and foremost, with both of those shows having huge female fan numbers even though the actual cast will also appeal to males 18+

The days of comics being mostly male died over 5 years ago now, especially here in Europe. Fan conventions are a good 50/50 split with titles often hitting the top 10 like Black Widow and Harley Quinn being bought in large numbers by females. The myth of a guys only club died when Marvel went mainstream.

Yes you are right many shows on CN are aimed at adults especially stoners as many of those creating the shows "especially SB" are complete potheads and litter the episodes with injokes for stoners.

Already my new favourite show. But then I've watched the pilot in full HD at least 15 times having owned it for 6 months now!
I bet the only thing you watched 15 times is the scene where she tries on her first costume -- the super tight bikini-like one!!! That was the best part of this show. I rewound several times myself! ;)

Reactions: psychoscot
I gave it another go watched first episode again and no it's still woefully bad. Terrible acting, cheesy just bad

To be honest it breaks my heart Supergirl is one of my favourites I have always loved the old film and hoped that eventually she would be given more notice.

Finally a female character/superhero getting her own series amongst so many male ones and they make it terrible :(