On Air Supergirl (Season 4) [The CW]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
11267725_687199821409708_278845256173025125_n.jpg

Supergirl is an action-adventure drama based on the DC Comics character Kara Zor-El, Superman’s (Kal-El) cousin who, after 12 years of keeping her powers a secret on Earth, decides to finally embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Twelve-year-old Kara escaped the doomed planet Krypton with her parents’ help at the same time as the infant Kal-El. Protected and raised on Earth by her foster family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex, and learned to conceal the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin in order to keep her identity a secret. Years later at 24, Kara lives in National City assisting media mogul and fierce taskmaster Cat Grant. She works alongside her friend and IT technician Winn Schott and famous photographer James Olsen, who Grant just hired away from the Daily Planet to serve as her new art director. However, Kara’s days of keeping her talents a secret are over when Hank Henshaw, head of a super-secret agency where her sister also works, enlists her to help them protect the citizens of National City from sinister threats. Though Kara will need to find a way to manage her newfound empowerment with her very human relationships, her heart soars as she takes to the skies as Supergirl to fight crime

Old Info:
Warner Brothers and the CW TV Network have announced that a new DC series is in the works for television: SUPERGIRL. ...

For the full story, please check out Michael Madison's post HERE! :thumbs:

Attachments

• Supergirl.jpeg
    Supergirl.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 403
Last edited by a moderator:
I gave it another go watched first episode again and no it's still woefully bad. Terrible acting, cheesy just bad

To be honest it breaks my heart Supergirl is one of my favourites I have always loved the old film and hoped that eventually she would be given more notice.

Finally a female character/superhero getting her own series amongst so many male ones and they make it terrible :(

That's exactly how i felt. On top of what u stated, the special effects were pretty bad as well.

Reactions: Flash
I gave it another go watched first episode again and no it's still woefully bad. Terrible acting, cheesy just bad

To be honest it breaks my heart Supergirl is one of my favourites I have always loved the old film and hoped that eventually she would be given more notice.

Finally a female character/superhero getting her own series amongst so many male ones and they make it terrible :(
It's a good idea but at a bad time.They can't really do much with her as there are only one way to paint any woman in TV or film and that's "strong". She can't be flawed, she has to be perfect and over powered and awkward to bring in the female viewers.

It's a good idea but at a bad time.They can't really do much with her as there are only one way to paint any woman in TV or film and that's "strong". She can't be flawed, she has to be perfect and over powered and awkward to bring in the female viewers.

Had she been slightly more normal it would be more watchable, the two guises of supergirl in the film were very different.

Even the super girl in Smallville was quite cool

Had she been slightly more normal it would be more watchable, the two guises of supergirl in the film were very different.

Even the super girl in Smallville was quite cool

She was really cool.She played the part perfect and had a good look.The new guys and girls would never go with her as she would intimidate the audience.But boy was she amazing.

laura_vandervoort_supergirl_smallville_6.jpg

She was really cool.She played the part perfect and had a good look.The new guys and girls would never go with her as she would intimidate the audience.But boy was she amazing.

laura_vandervoort_supergirl_smallville_6.jpg

I would have used that same actress and same character and given her a spin off, smallville worked well and alot of people liked her within the series

I would have used that same actress and same character and given her a spin off, smallville worked well and alot of people liked her within the series
Thank you for saying it because it was tired of it,lol.Smallvile could have had at least four spin offs when it ended.

Well the bad news for the moaners is that critically it has been well received, and fanboy reaction across social media has been more positive than negative. Especially high praise for Melissa and her performance "which I agree with" :thumbs::smug:

Laura was never even in the running for the part, plus she's the star of Bitten right now which is growing in fans each episode. Personally I wouldn't have minded her in the role, but glad Smallville finished. After season 4 it was just rubbish, it definitely didn't need spinoff shows, it's format was just a poor mans Buffy/Angel without Whedons magic touch. It long outstayed it's welcome.

What Laura should be cast as is Marvel's announced film version of Captain Marvel! she would be 100% perfect for that role.

Thank you for saying it because it was tired of it,lol.Smallvile could have had at least four spin offs when it ended.

I totally agree I would have loved to see Laura in the role and you are right a number of spins off could easily have been made

Well the bad news for the moaners is that critically it has been well received, and fanboy reaction across social media has been more positive than negative. Especially high praise for Melissa and her performance "which I agree with" :thumbs::smug:

Laura was never even in the running for the part, plus she's the star of Bitten right now which is growing in fans each episode. Personally I wouldn't have minded her in the role, but glad Smallville finished. After season 4 it was just rubbish, it definitely didn't need spinoff shows, it's format was just a poor mans Buffy/Angel without Whedons magic touch. It long outstayed it's welcome.

What Laura should be cast as is Marvel's announced film version of Captain Marvel! she would be 100% perfect for that role.

I have to disagree I loved Smallville from start to finish, and as I said was so well done with many great characters who could have had spin offs.

Of course the 'sheep' are praising the drivel that this new super girl is, but if social media says it's brilliant it must be true, lol :LOL:

Each to their own but such wasted potential and poor acting could have been so much more but it will probably have a million series as its so bland the masses will love it. Not for me Supergirl :jacked:

Of course the 'sheep' are praising the drivel that this new super girl is, but if social media says it's brilliant it must be true, lol

Arrogance doesn't suit you, and much of the praise for the show was by diehard fans 4 months ago long before the general masses had ever seen it. There might NOW be bandwagon jumpers but the general opinion by long term comic fans 4 months ago was high praise.:)

Arrogance doesn't suit you, and much of the praise for the show was by diehard fans 4 months ago long before the general masses had ever seen it. There might NOW be bandwagon jumpers but the general opinion by long term comic fans 4 months ago was high praise.:)

You are funny, diehard fans???
As you said it's been on no time, how does something so terrible even have diehard fans? ah well, each to their own, lovely chatting with you as always ;)

You are funny, diehard fans???
As you said it's been on no time, how does something so terrible even have diehard fans? ah well, each to their own, lovely chatting with you as always ;)

The studio leaked a hi res copy online 4 months ago now, to get feedback from the comic book fans and community after the first trailer hadn't been well received "the trailer was terrible" It was talked about at length on comic book sites and forums, and the general opinion by proper fans was one of praise. Now the masses can see it some are bound to love it and some hate it, but generally it has been met with positive opinions. Especially by young girls who it's aimed at. The pilot had a live premier 2 months ago and only girls were invited/allowed in and all under the age of 12.

It's just a shame I would have loved a series with a strong female superhero not someone so cheesy and wooden, ah well

It's just a shame I would have loved a series with a strong female superhero not someone so cheesy and wooden, ah well

Wait till the end November release of Jessica Jones. It might be your cup of tea.

Supergirl has a wide audience so keeping the character in a mainstream feel is important. This will turn off viewers looking for something edgier but she is Superman's cousin so keeping appearances here is key.

Let's keep it friendly in here folks. ;)

I'm yet to start watching this series but am looking forward to it.

Ratings have dropped like a stone for this 30% down on 2nd episode maybe people are coming to their senses after all

Ratings have dropped like a stone for this 30% down on 2nd episode maybe people are coming to their senses after all
More like most people didn't really feel the first episode and realized how horribly the show is written.I mean horribly written.

The casting is OK, the cgi is ok but the scripts should be thrown into a trash can and lit on fire.I would say the show could makes some changes, but it seems they have almost completed the first season not knowing how bad things are.Hopefully the second season will be better, because their is no way they can cancel this show after all the stuff it has become involved in.All the girl outreach and pictures on the WB water tower would make them look silly.

I guess we are going to have to stick it out until the second season.

More like most people didn't really feel the first episode and realized how horribly the show is written.I mean horribly written.

The casting is OK, the cgi is ok but the scripts should be thrown into a trash can and lit on fire.I would say the show could makes some changes, but it seems they have almost completed the first season not knowing how bad things are.Hopefully the second season will be better, because their is no way they can cancel this show after all the stuff it has become involved in.All the girl outreach and pictures on the WB water tower would make them look silly.

I guess we are going to have to stick it out until the second season.

Many many better shows have been cancelled after the first season, and i think this would be better to fly away it is as you said 'terrible'.