Taken (Blu-ray SteelBook) (2nd Release) [UK]

Dec 10, 2012
London, UK
Release Date: 08 December 2014
Purchase links:
Zavvi £11.99 In Stock (part of 2 for £18 Steelbooks CODE: STEELBOOK18)
Amazon £21.57 In Stock

11046291-1416921911-127530.jpg

11046291-1416921911-127335.jpg
11046291-1416921911-127521.jpg
11046291-1416921911-127564.jpg

Last edited:
There website says that they do offer pre-order price promise. Not sure If this is a new thing that they've put in place though
Not a new thing dude, but unlike Amazon they don't honour it upfront. If the price does drop after you pre-order it you will have to contact them and request the difference, which on your first attempt they will refuse offering instead their usual 10% off which you will also never see. It's why unless the item is 100% exclusive to Zavvi I will always order it from Amazon instead.

Reactions: Kashby
You think it better than this edition?

Don't be Cray-Cray...

View attachment 120815
I ordered the Zavvi. It looks great! I also had a coupon after it went down to a (reasonable) £16.99!
I like my French version that is similar to yours. I like the cover image pose better:thumbs:, but I don't have inside art.:sour:
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered the Zavvi. It looks great! I also has a coupon after it went down to a (reasonable) £16.99!
I like my French version that is similar to yours. I like the cover image pose better:thumbs:, but I don't have inside art.:sour:
View attachment 120820 View attachment 120821 View attachment 120822 View attachment 120823

To me it looks like this Zavvi edition Hijacked the front image of the French edition.

I love my Play copy because of the forward facing artwork of Nesson with him drawing his pistol. Mean interior art as well. It stands apart from the others and I could only see the Play edition being the most sought after and valuable of the Taken steels.

Reactions: C.C. 95
To me it looks like this Zavvi edition Hijacked the front image of the French edition.

I love my Play copy because of the forward facing artwork of Nesson with him drawing his pistol. Mean interior art as well. It stands apart from the others and I could only see the Play edition being the most sought after and valuable of the Taken steels.
I think if you have the Play, and add the Zavvi (with it's hybrid art from the French) you should be pretty happy!
Believe me, I did let out a bit of a howl when I saw the Zavvi Two Days after I got the French! Oh well. That's the way it is sometimes.;)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches

Don't be Cray-Cray...

View attachment 120815
I ordered the Zavvi. It looks great! I also has a coupon after it went down to a (reasonable) £16.99!
View attachment 120820 View attachment 120821 View attachment 120822 View attachment 120823

The French version has the way better front, dings.

• Helpful Post

Don't be Cray-Cray...

View attachment 120815

A difference in taste and opinion does not make anyone crazy, what I don't like about the play version is how plain the front looks, no embossing or debossing, very busy credits on the back, do not like the collage of images on the back, it almost looks like an amaray.

Last edited:
I think if you have the Play, and add the Zavvi (with it's hybrid art from the French) you should be pretty happy!
Believe me, I did let out a bit of a howl when I saw the Zavvi Two Days after I got the French! Oh well. That's the way it is sometimes.;)

I might pick up the Zavvi if its a Stunner, but the way it looks now = No sale!
#pass

The French version has the way better front, dings.

IMO, the Play & The French editions CANNOT compare, because:
A) The French has no interior artwork
B) It has French text on the front, and most people don't speak French lol

Trust me, if you had the Play in- hand you would know its clearly the winner...
#Grail
image.jpg

A difference in taste and opinion does not make anyone crazy, what I don't like about the play version is how plain the front looks, no embossing or debossing, very busy credits on the back, do not like the collage of images on the back, it almost looks like an amaray.

This edition actually works great without embossing, it would be unnecessary IMO. I actually like the back. Reminds me of the Play Terminator & Man On Fire.....
#Clean
image.jpg

I might pick up the Zavvi if its a Stunner, but the way it looks now = No sale!
#pass

IMO, the Play & The French editions CANNOT compare, because:
A) The French has no interior artwork
B) It has French text on the front, and most people don't speak French lol

Trust me, if you had the Play in- hand you would know its clearly the winner...
#Grail
View attachment 120826

This edition actually works great without embossing, it would be unnecessary IMO. I actually like the back. Reminds me of the Play Terminator & Man On Fire.....
#Clea
View attachment 120827
I'll know when I have it hand, but the title embossing on the Zavvi looks awfully nice in the pics!
I carefully considered the Play vs. French, but it really came down to my preferring the French cover. A little
french on the cover doesn't bother me (in fact, considering the locale of the flick, I think it adds to it).
I mean, it's not like some obnoxious dual language title cover. I can live with no interior art- hell, I'll make a glossy insert!! ;)

• Helpful Post
Since you keep mentioning the french one, could you please tell me if it in fact contains only french subs? I'm stil deciding between this one and the french one. I checked and several sites mention french subs only...but you never know :)

Why is everyone calling this one "the Zavvi" one?

I don't have this version yet but looking at the pictures it looks the best one, matches the taken 2 steelbook aswell, I never was too keen on the play version.

Reactions: lgans316
I know everyone saying this version looks great with embossing, and I agree.

But saying that the SteelBook's Artwork is a Winner BECAUSE it matches better with the horribly inferior excuse for a sequel Taken 2, isn't a good selling point. I wouldn't let a Taken 2 SteelBook take up my valuable shelf space. Not to mention I've since swapped the disks in my Play Steel with US coded Blu Ray discs Taken & Taken 2, making it a double feature.

I personally don't prefer this just because it matches the second one, Ive never been a fan of the original steelbook, the front, rear and inside artwork are very plain and dull and not a fan of the credits on the back.

Although 1 thing that ruins this one is the "I will find you......" Quote under the Title

• Informative