Taken (Blu-ray SteelBook) (2nd Release) [UK]

Dec 10, 2012
London, UK
Release Date: 08 December 2014
Purchase links:
Zavvi £11.99 In Stock (part of 2 for £18 Steelbooks CODE: STEELBOOK18)
Amazon £21.57 In Stock

11046291-1416921911-127530.jpg

11046291-1416921911-127335.jpg
11046291-1416921911-127521.jpg
11046291-1416921911-127564.jpg

Last edited:
I might pick up the Zavvi if its a Stunner, but the way it looks now = No sale!
#pass

IMO, the Play & The French editions CANNOT compare, because:
A) The French has no interior artwork
B) It has French text on the front, and most people don't speak French lol

Trust me, if you had the Play in- hand you would know its clearly the winner...
#Grail

This edition actually works great without embossing, it would be unnecessary IMO. I actually like the back. Reminds me of the Play Terminator & Man On Fire.....
#Clean

#Hashtag (this is not Twitter)

Since you keep mentioning the french one, could you please tell me if it in fact contains only french subs? I'm stil deciding between this one and the french one. I checked and several sites mention french subs only...but you never know :)
The French Steelbook has forced French subtitles when playing the film in English (as in you can't normally turn them off unless playing back on a PC using likes of AnyDVD to remove 'prohibited user operations'), though if you preferred the French steelbook, you could just buy the amaray too and do a disk swap.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Raimi
I ordered last week too...and not sent out either!!!

Sold out on Zavvi...how many did they have??...50? 100?....5!!

Something is not quite right with this release!! One member got a copy and posted pics last week...i presume he paid £29.99!!:LOL:

So why have NO other steelbooks (specifically the ones priced at £16.99!) been posted out??? Zavvi must have the stock because he got sent one!!

Now it's unavailable at Amazon!!! Can a mod here find out what the hell is going on with this release!!...please!!!!:thumbs::thumbs:

It's certainly odd.

First appearing on Zavvi's website for £29.99, then Amazon for the same price. Then dropping to £16.99 on Zavvi while Amazon's became 'currently unavailable', but listed by a market place seller. Now unavailable on Zavvi.

I preordered it from Zavvi at £29.99, but concerned about their 'price promise', and not wanting to have to contact them after the fact, I cancelled it and reordered it at £16.99. I never received a 'thank you for your order' email, and now it hasn't shipped (it's still in my orders though).

I wonder what's going on. Were the pictures a page or so back really from a consumer or is that forum member actually a Zavvi employee? (I'm not saying they are).

This is was in the email:

Thanks for placing your order with us at zavvi, order number 46752837.

We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

• Taken - Steelbook Edition

We're sorry this has happened. We're continuously looking for ways to improve the service we offer to you and we really hope you'll give us a chance to do better next time.

We're still following this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated on the status of your order.

You can check the status of your order by clicking on order tracking in your account pages.

Thanks for your patience, if you have any further questions please contact our customer services colleagues and they'll be happy to help.

Many Thanks,

zavvi Team

I ordered last week too...and not sent out either!!!

Sold out on Zavvi...how many did they have??...50? 100?....5!!

Something is not quite right with this release!! One member got a copy and posted pics last week...i presume he paid £29.99!!:LOL:

So why have NO other steelbooks (specifically the ones priced at £16.99!) been posted out??? Zavvi must have the stock because he got sent one!!

Now it's unavailable at Amazon!!! Can a mod here find out what the hell is going on with this release!!...please!!!!:thumbs::thumbs:

There were two movies that came to me within 2 days of despatch (4 December) usually 3-4 days delivery for me and never on a Saturday before. :wow: I did not pay £29.99 for Taken, I ordered it on the day it dropped in price (December 3), as for the delay it says "On or before 9th December" in the despatched message, maybe a delay in post, due to Christmas post, Royal Mail must be tight for space in my area or they like me. :LOL: :)

Was really looking forward to this since I ordered it. But with Amazon pulling them it could be a problem with getting stock altogether so As much as I love a bit zavvi bashing I'll hold off lol

Here is the response to an email I sent asking them why it had not been sent yet:

"Thank you for getting in touch to ask about the estimated dispatch of Taken.

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. Taken is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock. In the meantime our buyers are trying to obtain this for you from other suppliers.

You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your account and following the prompts. Once your order has been sent you will receive an e-mail to tell you it is on its way.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help."

I agree with the poster who said something isn't quite right with this release. There hasn't been much excitement over it here or another forum I use so I can't see how it sold out so quickly. It was even available at Amazon so it's not like it was limited or anything.

The French Steelbook has forced French subtitles when playing the film in English (as in you can't normally turn them off unless playing back on a PC using likes of AnyDVD to remove 'prohibited user operations'), though if you preferred the French steelbook, you could just buy the amaray too and do a disk swap.
I knew I saw this a while back so I had to post. Back in March of last year, ricster confirmed that his Panny will allow you to get rid of the French subs (at least on the Tfi 'Jackie Brown'). I'm gonna look into it. Here's the page (w/pictures):
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/taken-blu-ray-steelbook-france.20228/page-5

I knew I saw this a while back so I had to post. Back in March of last year, ricster confirmed that his Panny will allow you to get rid of the French subs (at least on the Tfi 'Jackie Brown'). I'm gonna look into it. Here's the page (w/pictures):
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/taken-blu-ray-steelbook-france.20228/page-5
Sorry that was meant more as an example rather than every solution to removing forced subs but I wasn't clear about that - I'm guessing his Panasonic is region free and allows 'user prohibited options' (like disabling forced subs) by default, I'm sure there are a few other players that allow this too, but don't know which they are. It's hard to find a region free bluray player in the UK else I'd have considered getting one myself in the past.