Purchase link: Tarzan
Price: £19.99
Notes:

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

02.jpg

03.jpg05.jpg06.jpg
01.jpg04.jpg

Twitter guess for title of # 30
Thanks @omarbutt2012 on Twitter for guessing the right answer!

Follow us @hidefninja on Twitter and share your guess of what the last title in the Disney Collection will be. 1st person to guess correctly will get a little shout out in our thread, and thread will be updated and opened at that time. Thanks all for your support!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame that the Disney collection ends here. There are way too many good titles left. That said, this is still the biggest Disney steelbook collection yet. Hopefully Amazon will pick this up where Zavvi left.

Tarzan got some pretty nice artwork for its UK blu-ray release, so for once I would be fine with recycling the amaray release.

Last edited:
You can't deny it would look awesome.

I am also glad this will be the final Disney steelbook for now. Now they can focus on Pixar and give me my Wall-E steelbook. (Too bad Blufans is already planning to release pretty awesome looking Wall-E steelbook.)
course not, I mean imagine the 2 disc DVD cover in a wood effect - would give the Taiwan TLK steel a run for its money

but this is zavvi so its never gonna happen.

Tis the end of an era for me. Unless Zavvi start a Harry Potter collection I think I'll have to call it a day with them...this Disney collection was the only thing that kept me coming back.
Mostly same.
Aside from the odd discounted £6/7 titles (Jackie Brown, Gremlins) I try to avoid Zavvi like the plauge.

Reactions: Steeler
Definitely on board for The Great Mouse Detective. But what about The Rescuers Down Under? Here I am waiting for my Rescuers to despatch, and now they tell me this is the end :(

Definitely on board for The Great Mouse Detective. But what about The Rescuers Down Under? Here I am waiting for my Rescuers to despatch, and now they tell me this is the end :(
wonder how many will cancel The Rescuers under the assumption the sequel will never see the steelbook light of day?

course not, I mean imagine the 2 disc DVD cover in a wood effect - would give the Taiwan TLK steel a run for its money

but this is zavvi so its never gonna happen.

Aye, it's pretty much certain that they will use some poster image as artwork for the steelbook, like they have used for all the other Disney steelbooks.

But one can always hope. :p

I'll have to pick it up on the secondary market since they don't take PayPal anymore, but glad they're doing Tarzan. I just hope it has decent artwork and isn't ruined by ancient immature VHS artwork like Hunchback was. If they were gonna start them they could have at least finished them, there's so many other classic titles that should be included before they stop. I don't know about you guys but when I start a steelbook collection I like to have all the collection uniform in that formats it would be like having the first six nightmare on elm streets in steel format, then the next one in amaray and the next in digipack, it doesn't 'look' like much of a collection if they don't match.

I'll have to pick it up on the secondary market since they don't take PayPal anymore, but glad they're doing Tarzan. I just hope it has decent artwork and isn't ruined by ancient immature VHS artwork like Hunchback was. If they were gonna start them they could have at least finished them, there's so many other classic titles that should be included before they stop. I don't know about you guys but when I start a steelbook collection I like to have all the collection uniform in that formats it would be like having the first six nightmare on elm streets in steel format, then the next one in amaray and the next in digipack, it doesn't 'look' like much of a collection if they don't match.

So do I. Shame about Hunchback. Ironically, it was pretty quasi :p

Last edited:
It's a mixed bag for me regarding the end of this collection.

I'm sad I'll be missing films that won't get some SB, mostly Princess and the Frog and Rescuers Down Under (Even though Disney UK seem to refuse to bring this on a normal blu ray release...), but it was probably foolish to think all of them would get the treatment like the war package movies. On the other hand, they have been a pain in my wallet's backside given the limited funds that I have, and has also effected my SB collection for everything not Disney. So yeah, after 30 I guess I'll be catching up with stuff I missed.

But I wonder what this could mean with Zavvi in general. Is it just the Disneys or are they considering packing up the old steelbook trade? And what about other Disney like Live Action both classic and new, will the Marvel Steels remain exclusive to them as well? They did seem to have issues these past 2 weeks sending out new steelbooks....

But back to the movie at hand, at least this series ends on a movie I have not seen.

100% purchase
Sad :( that this will be the last Disney Steelbook for now as there was some others they missed out on that are wanted by collectors

Let hope they consider releasing another few next year they could do a few more in my opinion

I would like to see a poll done at some stage of wanted Disney steelbooks not released yet and the top 5 most wanted be considered

I wonder will they now start to look at the live action films as there are some great films that could be released

Reactions: comicfan298
in will get this...

i keep wondering- why do some topics have pages you can jump to from the main forum page, and some dont, even when they have multiple pages, it seems random when it will let you jump to the last page.