Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zoom Exclusive) [UK]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: October 24, 2016
Purchase link: Zoom
Price: £22.99

8308916.jpg

image-2.jpeg

Last edited:
I will find you the link for you, studios have said in so many words its flopped and wont be releasing many more films in 3D

3D will still be used for many blockbuster releases in the cinema and 3D blurays will still be released as there is still a market for it, they just wont advertise it as a selling point anymore like they used to as they have a new selling point in 4K and HDR.

CONFIRMED FINAL ARTWORK FOR EUROPE with details of the U.K. steelbook now up to join details of The Americas edition which has been up for a while - the similarities / differences between it and its U.S./Canadian cousin can now be seen.

EUROPE
Teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-steelbook-outside.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

"This SteelBook® edition of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is really a treat for fans of the movie. The case has been treated with a GLOSSY VARNISH to make the Turtles stand in contrast to the WHITE BACKGROUND, and the artwork has been highlighted by EMBOSSING THE DETAILS."

THE AMERICAS
TMNT2_3.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

see above for description (#77).

- Looks like ours is white and The Americas is silver/bare metal (?).
- Looks like ours is Gloss and The Americas is Matt / Satin / Zero with Spot Gloss.
- Looks like exactly the same artwork on both including inside (original U.S. mock-up showing different inside artwork).
- Europe = 2BDs (1x3D BD, 1x2D BD) (?)
- Americas = 1BD + 1 DVD (?)

PERSONALLY PREFER SILVER COLOUR FOR THIS STEELBOOK (for obvious reasons).

I really hope it is actually white

(Lol just noticed my post got deleted lol - would love to read what it was reported as - I'm on a roll at the moment, had loads deleted or editied recently - And I can imagine who the main culprit is for that)

Saying someone has bad taste is not that bad haha. Especially if they like silver f*cking steelbooks

Bare metal = :vomit::spitout:

Last edited:
Why would they still be releasing 3D blurays? there is still a market for it, sure its not the main focal point for advertising new tv's but its still popular in the cinema and on bluray, would hardly call that a flop.
As a consumer electronics rollout 3D was a gigantic flop. The CE industry,big boy retailers and CE companies all thought that 3D was going to be a huge success. They did not get hardly any increase in initial 3D Television and 3D Blu-ray player sales. Along with extra glasses so families would watch 3D content together, what % of consumers with 3D capable TV's have more than 2 sets of 3D glasses? Might as well be zero, and how many bought an additional pair of glasses when there TV came with only 1? I'm sure they invisioned a ton of 3D blu-ray popular catalog titles being made and selling big, as well as new titles 2D vs 3D upselling. It's a niche market.

As a consumer electronics rollout 3D was a gigantic flop. The CE industry,big boy retailers and CE companies all thought that 3D was going to be a huge success. They did not get hardly any increase in initial 3D Television and 3D Blu-ray player sales. Along with extra glasses so families would watch 3D content together, what % of consumers with 3D capable TV's have more than 2 sets of 3D glasses? Might as well be zero, and how many bought an additional pair of glasses when there TV came with only 1? I'm sure they invisioned a ton of 3D blu-ray popular catalog titles being made and selling big, as well as new titles 2D vs 3D upselling. It's a niche market.
My TV came with none. I bought the Samsung 3D starter-kit that included 2 glasses and then 4 pair separately for the rest of my family.

As mentioned previously would have preferred a silver BRUSHED METAL effect to a white/off-white/grey colouring for this particular steelbook - for a couple of reasons . . . and not just to be awkward . . . and I accept the fact that there's little love for silver metallic steelbooks which is a crying shame and completely unfair as there are many, many lovely silver steelbooks out there (with innumerable examples on my shelves that I could cite):-

Why brushed metal?
a) Goes miles better with the U.K. (and the Best Buy) steelbook for the first film vis-a-vis the spine and the back cover colouring.
b) Goes better with the artwork with the turtles breaking through the metal sheet.

Hence previous "obviously" comment.

Original Americas mock-up against updated which is now universal:-
(I know which one I'd have chosen)

m2221380.jpg
032429251671;maxHeight=600;maxWidth=600

I think this would look better in white IMO. We have had too many bare metal/ silver Steelbooks. It always comes across as lazy unless it's really well done. It would also look better in white as it has a gloss finish. Each to their own though.;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo