Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: September 13th, 2012
Purchase link: Amazon.de
Price: 20.99 EUR (original)
Notes: Regio Free

the-avengers-steelbook-480.jpg

Actual pictures: (Thanks to fusnu for the pictures!)
avengers1.jpg

avengers2.jpg

avengers3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine has a slight scratch on the top.. Is it impossible to get 100% mint steels these days?

Pretty much (as much as I hate to say it). I'd say on average only about 1 in 5 steels I receive are truly ''mint''. There always seems to be some kind of pin hole paint chip or surface scratch. As of now, I've given up looking for mint though, just too much trouble. As long as there is no major damage I'm happy (and I'm more selective now of which steels I buy).

This is my first post so a quick hi to everyone on the forum. I didn't realise the Steelbook scene had taken off quite so dramatically so I expect I will be posting a lot more from here on in :D

Anyway after much deliberation over the weekend about whether to get the German, UK or Taiwan Viva release - and Amazon.de being Out Of Stock - I managed to get a copy of this release off of eBay for a relatively decent price I thought ... fingers crossed for delivery!

I know people have already posted pics but if anyone wants more let me know and will take some snaps when it arrives.

Reactions: roseart and Drum18
This is my first post so a quick hi to everyone on the forum. I didn't realise the Steelbook scene had taken off quite so dramatically so I expect I will be posting a lot more from here on in :D

Anyway after much deliberation over the weekend about whether to get the German, UK or Taiwan Viva release - and Amazon.de being Out Of Stock - I managed to get a copy of this release off of eBay for a relatively decent price I thought ... fingers crossed for delivery!

I know people have already posted pics but if anyone wants more let me know and will take some snaps when it arrives.

Welcome buddy! :)
Enjoy the steelbook world where your wallet will never be as big as your wants! :hilarious:

Pretty much (as much as I hate to say it). I'd say on average only about 1 in 5 steels I receive are truly ''mint''. There always seems to be some kind of pin hole paint chip or surface scratch. As of now, I've given up looking for mint though, just too much trouble. As long as there is no major damage I'm happy (and I'm more selective now of which steels I buy).

+1. There is nothing called Perfect Steelbook in my book. It is bound to have some imperfections under an OCD-scope.

What makes Avengers worse is the full black / purple design where it is easy to spot imperfections.

Take a Steelbook like District 9 where it is tricky to spot issues because of the clever design.

I used to be picky in the beginning but soon realized that nothing is perfect.

Reactions: Drum18
I got an e-mail on Sept 12th saying my copy had shipped and due to arrive on Sept 17th. It's now Sept 19th and still no sign of it :( (Postie's been and gone today)

Is this normal for German Post DHL?

It said 4-5 days in the shipping info and it's been a week now and no sign.

It's only coming from Germany to Ireland. It seems some people on here from the UK got theirs within 2 days :(