The Avengers (Empty Blu-ray Viva Metal Box) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

huggy2k4

Premium Supporter
Jun 8, 2012
Hull, England
IMPORTANT:
This is the CASE ONLY. NO movie is included with this. It's a pre-order bonus. It also comes with a 10$ Sideshow Collectibles card.

Best Buy SKU: #6316045
Purchase link: Best Buy USA

6316045E.png

Actual pic:
avengers_bestbuy1.jpg

Pictures (thanks to CyberAthlete):
Avengers1.jpg

Avengers8.jpg

Avengers3.jpg

Avengers7.jpg

Avengers20.jpg

Avengers21.jpg

Avengers4.jpg

Avengers6.jpg

Avengers12.jpg

Avengers9.jpg

Avengers14.jpg

Avengers15.jpg

Original post:
Just seen this on the blu-ray site and wondered it's true, so far i'd read that it's the same has the canadian version with 4 disk's but no purchase link yet. so if anybody could shed some light on this would be great.

Attachments

• 6316045E.png
    6316045E.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 927
Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone confirm that the FutureShop version is EXACTLY the same as this one? Is FS getting a metal pack and not a steelbook? If this is the case, is the Americas getting a metal pack and Europe getting steel? What country is selling the best steelbook version of this?

I have a couple of pre-orders through FS and could cancel them for BB and better versions.

Thanks.

Alright mfc, I am going to help you out here - all of Asia (so far), US and Canada are getting this Viva Metal Box (VMB). So yes Future Ship is exactly the same as Best Buy's. Europe and Australia are getting the real {param}, I mean, steelbook. Which is selling the best? It all depends on which slipcover you like best. Run a few searches here and see for yourself - there are pictures posted already but quantities on those released are limited and running out fast, so hurry :hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: apsmith21
Can someone confirm that the FutureShop version is EXACTLY the same as this one? Is FS getting a metal pack and not a steelbook? If this is the case, is the Americas getting a metal pack and Europe getting steel? What country is selling the best steelbook version of this?

I have a couple of pre-orders through FS and could cancel them for BB and better versions.

Thanks.

AP and Ash always have all the answers, but if you have any more questions, they can be answered here.

Thanks.

For more infos (after Andy&Ash):
'The Avengers Steelbook/Metal Release Master List'

Reactions: apsmith21
I stopped by a Best Buy yesterday and I guess they must of had them because I saw the store display with only two shelve spaces empty. The display was hidden behind all the games and whatnot. Surprising though, they never put up any metal cases or steelbooks at this store.

A lot of stores actually had them in the back and just didn't bother putting them out. The one store I went to yesterday told me over the phone that they had it instock but when I got there it wasn't on display. I had to ask them about it and that was when the CSR brought it out for me. Calling them first with the Sku is highly recommended so you guys don't have to waste your time and gas.

:oohyeah:, i've just been informed that my Avengers viva's will be shipped out today (CA time) so should have them in a week, I can't wait for this, shame i will have to wait till 17th of september to fill it with the film.

this really has been a botched job by best buy..I understand issues with putting stuff out but this is nuts, I managed to track a very few down but it was like pulling teeth..I think this sunday is going to be when there out but i say go saturday bc theyll be there and legally they are released now...IDK it just seems best buy let this one slip through the cracks but it happens...Just dont take we dont have it as an answer and ask multiple ppl at the store bc someone will give the extra effort and get it.

I'm almost thinking about just picking up the target version, and putting them in my VIVA dun dun dun

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Ok guys... we can continue speaking of this awesome release and less about this guy... we all know him... we all know what he does...

Thanks for getting back on topic.

:dunno: not quite sure what happened here, just gonna assume I missed it :movie:

I'm almost thinking about just picking up the target version, and putting them in my VIVA dun dun dun

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

:dunno: not quite sure what happened here, just gonna assume I missed it :movie:

I hate when I miss fun stuff :(

Anyways I was thinking of doing the same with target only if they don't make the bonus disc Dvd.

Stopped by the Best Buy in Signal Hill, CA today after work and picked one up. They had 3 on the shelf. They were hidden compared to how they normally have them. They were stuck at the end of the small 3D shelf with Avengers related titles.

the california stores i posted yesterday received their shipments this morning... pasdena, burbank and duarte store have been confirmed to have 20 in stock. i picked three up from the pasadena store

Thanks for the info! Burbank had 12 but there were two other customers examining the cases when i got there lol so they're likely sold out now for anyone who wanted to go there :(

Reactions: alvinhwang21
Just found out from a manager at BB that a memo was sent out to all the BBs regarding this release. Each store must retain a certain amount for the Sunday ad and there is a limit to 3 per person now. I tried to exchange one of my copies that I found a small impression on and he would not even let me do that as they currently had less than the required amount for Sunday.

I said, don't you think you will get these throughout the month like with Muppets and Ghost Rider, and he said no this was it. I don't think he knows what he is talking about, but they were sticking hard to the fact that they need a certain amount for Sunday's ad. I should have just returned it for my $$ back, but I was a little seethed and wasn't thinking straight. I'll head to another one and return it today, then go on Sunday to replace it and hopefully pick up Cinderella as well. ;)

They finally arrived at my Best Buy. Thanks to everyone who was willing to help me get one if they didn't show up at my store. If anyone needs one just let me know because at my store steelbooks and vivas tend to stick around for a while.

Last edited: