The Avengers (Empty Blu-ray Viva Metal Box) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

huggy2k4

Premium Supporter
Jun 8, 2012
Hull, England
IMPORTANT:
This is the CASE ONLY. NO movie is included with this. It's a pre-order bonus. It also comes with a 10$ Sideshow Collectibles card.

Best Buy SKU: #6316045
Purchase link: Best Buy USA

6316045E.png

Actual pic:
avengers_bestbuy1.jpg

Pictures (thanks to CyberAthlete):
Avengers1.jpg

Avengers8.jpg

Avengers3.jpg

Avengers7.jpg

Avengers20.jpg

Avengers21.jpg

Avengers4.jpg

Avengers6.jpg

Avengers12.jpg

Avengers9.jpg

Avengers14.jpg

Avengers15.jpg

Original post:
Just seen this on the blu-ray site and wondered it's true, so far i'd read that it's the same has the canadian version with 4 disk's but no purchase link yet. so if anybody could shed some light on this would be great.

Attachments

• 6316045E.png
    6316045E.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 927
Last edited by a moderator:
Just found out from a manager at BB that a memo was sent out to all the BBs regarding this release. Each store must retain a certain amount for the Sunday ad and there is a limit to 3 per person now. I tried to exchange one of my copies that I found a small impression on and he would not even let me do that as they currently had less than the required amount for Sunday.

I said, don't you think you will get these throughout the month like with Muppets and Ghost Rider, and he said no this was it. I don't think he knows what he is talking about, but they were sticking hard to the fact that they need a certain amount for Sunday's ad. I should have just returned it for my $$ back, but I was a little seethed and wasn't thinking straight. I'll head to another one and return it today, then go on Sunday to replace it and hopefully pick up Cinderella as well. ;)

I just find it hilarious they're putting this in an ad on Sunday, what a colossal screw up on Best Buy's part after selling out already in most stores. At least now that I have a copy I can sit back and laugh at how horribly they handled what is probably they're biggest Viva release yet (no disrespect to those who cared more about the Disney films).

Though I was a little sad to see a small paint chip on mine from a scratch I somehow missed when examining it in the store. But hey, at least I got one, and at this point I should be thankful for that.

All I can say is that there are more coming in the weeks leading to the actual release. The goof-up is putting up the sign too early instead of waiting for the Labor Day weekend. Some stores are making up for the depleted inventory by ordering more but some stores decided to limit one per customer to keep inventory for the holiday weekend.

Reactions: steelbook95060
Well my best buy still manages to disappoint as I truly believe it is the worst Best Buy in the country. We never got the Ghost Riders or the Warner Brothers line (eventually some of these showed up months later) why should I have hope we could get this one.

After 3 failed attempts of locating this case at 2 BBs near my home this week, I decided to stop at another BB, on my way into work and found 2 sitting on the shelf. Picked up both. What an adventure finding this case has been. Glad it's over.

Popped into BB today and saw 1 in shelf. Not really into the Vivas but they are out there, hopefully more will be there tom for you guys!

::: Digitalbabe :::

STAFF-Community Manager
hidefninja.com

Sent from LV-426 on
iPhone

Reactions: ash333
So popped into my Best Buy today and of course the shelf had an empty spot for these. I went and found an employee very grumpily and pointed to the shelf can I get one of these and he was like they didn't put those out. So he goes into the back and comes out with a handful of them I guess there was a whole case back there. i then asked if he could check for Cinderella for me no luck there.

I actually preordered it on Tuesday but they said when some came in I could pick up a copy. Dear graciousness she barely glanced and my receipt and didn't do anything on the computer for it just let me basically take the steelbook. Heck i could do that everyday this week geez.

Also managed to finally find a copy of Ghost Rider at a redbox to put in my steelbook for sale for $5 (when they didn't get any preorders in I just found one from a site and then decided I would just find the movie on sale in redbox later on to fill it).

So a pretty good day for once.

Found a lot of these at my local store - in 2 areas. Probably had about 25 on hand. No limits on qty either. The shrink wrap really sucks on these though - it was coming apart at the seams on about half of them.

Reactions: ash333
Found a lot of these at my local store - in 2 areas. Probably had about 25 on hand. No limits on qty either. The shrink wrap really sucks on these though - it was coming apart at the seams on about half of them.

Yeah the shrink Wrap was mostly loose but its better then Nothing i suppose.:D