Release Date: 15th September 2014
Buy links:
Arrow Link
Amazon
Zavvi

Format: Blu-ray
Starring: Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, Carrie Fisher
Directed by: Joe Dante

Synopsis: HE’S A MAN OF PEACE IN A SAVAGE LAND… SUBURBIA.
The films of director Joe Dante have taken us to some strange places – a mysterious Chinatown antique store in Gremlins; a secluded resort populated by werewolves in The Howling; even deep inside the human body in Innerspace. But now he takes us to the strangest place of all – surburbia!

Family man Ray Peterson (Tom Hanks) is looking forward to a week of putting his feet up at home in the quiet, leafy cul-de-sac of Mayfield Place. But his plans are scuppered by the arrival of new next-door neighbours, The Klopeks, whose behaviour and habits are more than just a little kooky. But things go from kooky to downright sinister when local old boy Walter disappears, leading Ray and his buddies to suspect their new neighbours of killing and eating him! Sure, the Klopeks are a strange bunch what with their digging up the backyard in the middle of the night – but they’re not devil-worshipping cannibal killers… are they?

If you’re looking for a knowing slice of tongue-in-cheek terror then look no further than The ’Burbs. A standout horror comedy from a director who has given us more than his fair share of fun frighteners, The ’Burbs assembles a superb cast including Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, Carrie Fisher and Corey Feldman in a tall tale of small-town terror. You’ll never look at those eccentric neighbours in the same way again!

SPECIAL FEATURES:
Limited Edition SteelBook packaging
High Definition digital transfer
Newly created exclusive content
Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film, archive content and more!
More to be announced closer to the release date

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 308
Last edited by a moderator:
All orders placed with Arrow direct is in advance that always been that way

Payment for pre-order items will be collected now for despatch on the release date

If you don't want to pay up front use Amazon or Zavvi

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

As soon as your register it will show 100 Reward points Balance in your account details and when you go to shopping basket its will show how many reward points you have to spend

You only get 100 Reward points when your register a new account
After that you get reward points with every order you place and then these reward points can be used with future orders

I don't mind paying in advance, then when June comes it'll be "ooh, free steelbook!" :naughty:

Arrow Video online shop
100 Points = £1.00 Sterling off
1 point = £0.01)

Your Shopping Basket
Reward Points Available 100 (1 point = £0.01)

Enter 100 in area highlighted in bold and click Apply Points
Points to use (Max 9999): 100 Apply Points

Sterling
Sub-Total: £14.99
Reward Points(100): £-1.00
Total: £13.99

Note the price will not be £14.99 after 9.30am Tomorrow
Price will be mostly likely be £17.99 after 9.30am Tomorrow
So order now from Arrow Online Shop if you want it at £14.99

Last edited:
That bit doesn't come up on my screen :wtf:

Did you have an account before or did you only set up your account today

The reward points will only show up in your account page
Your Reward Points

1798074_10203097673743299_886598025_n.jpg

You have log in to your account to see any reward points

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

1979576_10203097721104483_1615560170_n.jpg

Click Use Reward Points (Available 180, 1 point = £0.01)
In my case at the moment I have 180
You should see 100 instead of 180

Points to use (Max 9999): enter 100 here click Apply Points

Last edited:
Reactions: BradG1984
Only set up today, I'll leave it a couple hours to see if they need to apply themselves in some way, or maybe do it first thing tomorrow! Thanks for the screen shots - very helpful and appreciated! :thumbs:

Holy effing christ.....

I had to do a triple take EEK!

I've been waiting like 5 years for this. It was my #1 most wanted blu-ray since I began collecting. To have a steelbook.......................... WOW

Don't look at me weird, but this will be the centerpiece of my steelbook showcasing....when I get more money I'll buy many copies. And light them all differently and have little lasers darting around one. You get the idea :oohyeah:

I pretty much want a special burbs award when I'm done.. Dont try beat me.

Last edited:
Never seen this, but the synopsis sounds good... Can an experienced Ninja or 2 tell me if it's worth a blind buy?!

I'd say you should blind buy. If you hate it (highly doubtful), sell it to me for a reasonable price :thumbs: I'll likely be on the lookout for open/mint's in the months after release from those ninjas who move on movies that they watch then sell if unlikely to watch often

edit..

Currently fighting the urge to listen to the POV pan sequence Soundtrack music. Or looking it up on youtube... Gonna have to wait for the real thing, in lossless 5.1.

Last edited:
Reactions: BradG1984
Still pinching myself that this is getting a steelbook release!

I notice it says newly created content in product features. Maybe some interviews with Joe Dante, writer and producers? Ron Howard and Brian Grazer? Having shepherded the project.

Personally all I care about is lossless audio and a good transfer, though. I know the history. Talking point in any case :)

There's about 4 hours of bonus materials. Pretty sure the guys at High Rising Productions said they couldn't interview the bigger name cast and crew but it's still being worked on

Certainly know Corey Feldman was interviewed and I 'think' Bruce Dern

But yeah, one of my all times favs. So happy Arrow are releasing it a week before my birthday :)

Reactions: vurt