Release Date: 15th September 2014
Buy links:
Arrow Link
Amazon
Zavvi

Format: Blu-ray
Starring: Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, Carrie Fisher
Directed by: Joe Dante

Synopsis: HE’S A MAN OF PEACE IN A SAVAGE LAND… SUBURBIA.
The films of director Joe Dante have taken us to some strange places – a mysterious Chinatown antique store in Gremlins; a secluded resort populated by werewolves in The Howling; even deep inside the human body in Innerspace. But now he takes us to the strangest place of all – surburbia!

Family man Ray Peterson (Tom Hanks) is looking forward to a week of putting his feet up at home in the quiet, leafy cul-de-sac of Mayfield Place. But his plans are scuppered by the arrival of new next-door neighbours, The Klopeks, whose behaviour and habits are more than just a little kooky. But things go from kooky to downright sinister when local old boy Walter disappears, leading Ray and his buddies to suspect their new neighbours of killing and eating him! Sure, the Klopeks are a strange bunch what with their digging up the backyard in the middle of the night – but they’re not devil-worshipping cannibal killers… are they?

If you’re looking for a knowing slice of tongue-in-cheek terror then look no further than The ’Burbs. A standout horror comedy from a director who has given us more than his fair share of fun frighteners, The ’Burbs assembles a superb cast including Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, Carrie Fisher and Corey Feldman in a tall tale of small-town terror. You’ll never look at those eccentric neighbours in the same way again!

SPECIAL FEATURES:
Limited Edition SteelBook packaging
High Definition digital transfer
Newly created exclusive content
Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film, archive content and more!
More to be announced closer to the release date

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 307
Last edited by a moderator:
99.9% certain it will be region locked because of the licensing of the bonus features

I bet that Shout Factory release this in the states soon

It's just been released in Germany by Koch Media which shows that Universal are licensing it out instead of releasing it themselves

Reactions: intrceptor69
All my inquiries to Universal over the years have said "Universal has no plans to release the title at this time"

Which is no surprise this was farmed out to smaller distributors worldwide!

My region in australia is B, so I'm all good with B locked :scat:

This year, for me, Christmas is on June 23rd. This is my favourite film of all time and I've been waiting for it to get special treatment like this for 15 years!

I'm nervously waiting for the entire list of extras to be announced. Please let there be a commentary! I don't even care if it's just the tea lady doing it. I want a commentary track with someone connected to it!

Oh, and still no confirmation of the interior artwork? I haven't seen it anywhere. I'm hoping it's the scene where they're spying on Hans Klopek from behind the trash cans :)

Wouldn't mind this, but there is no specific print run so hopefully this drops to £14.99 again.

:hilarious: I wouldn't mind a slightly stale sandwich, I wouldn't mind a non-premium hotdog. You would spend £15 on something you wouldn't mind having.... what the :wtf:

I've already ordered it direct from Arrow for £15 because I really want it.

:hilarious: I wouldn't mind a slightly stale sandwich, I wouldn't mind a non-premium hotdog. You would spend £15 on something you wouldn't mind having.... what the :wtf:

I've already ordered it direct from Arrow for £15 because I really want it.

Lol, I wouldn't mind it at £14.99, but I would love it if it dropped to £10.99. :naughty:

I have this on Pre-Order with Arrow Video
£12.89 including shipping to Rep of Ireland

This is going to an amazing looking Steelbook with brilliant extras
Release Date: 23 June 2014
But you can expect if you ordered from Arrow Video it will ship early
usually about 1 to 2 weeks early as they ship as soon as they have the stock

Looking forward to getting this

How did you get it for £12.89 inc shipping? Is it because you had rewards points?

I set up an account with Arrow when it was announced and got it for £14.99 minus £1.00 for setting up the account so £13.99 total.

How did you get it for £12.89 inc shipping? Is it because you had rewards points?

I set up an account with Arrow when it was announced and got it for £14.99 minus £1.00 for setting up the account so £13.99 total.

I used £5.10 Reward Points
£9.89 + 3.00 Shipping = £12.89

I order most of Arrow Video Releases Direct from Arrow Video Online if the price is good as sometimes they have for a week pre-orders at lower price
Sometimes Zavvi or Amazon can be cheaper but I keep watch on Arrow Video Shop prices if I see a drop in price I cancel Zavvi/Amazon and use Arrow instead

The Reward points can add up quite fast
But you have to be willing to pay upfront and forget about having to pay later :D

I usually keep my reward points to get a release I want lot cheaper

Last edited:

In that case, I'm gonna order another copy from Arrow! I've had my pre order with Amazon since mid April, but if there's a chance of getting this a week or two early, I want in! I wanted to get 2 anyway, just in case I get one with a scratch on the cover. The Burbs must be pristine!

Reactions: paulboland
New release date: August 25th, 2014

Arrow Films @ Facebook said:
***THE ‘BURBS RELEASE DATE CHANGE***
We are very sorry to announce that the release date for The ‘Burbs will have to be pushed back to August 25th.

We have had to push the date back to August due to our work on the brand new restoration and also due to the fact that we are working hard on some brand new and exclusive extras.

The new restoration will be performed from original vault elements held by Universal and this will be carried out in participation with Joe Dante. Mr Dante is also helping us secure some very exclusive extra content which has never been seen before including deleted and alternate scenes. As we lock everything down we will be announcing the full specs closer to the time, which should ensure this is the definitive version of The ‘Burbs!

Once again we are really sorry to have to push back the date for this much anticipated title but are very confident that it will be very much worth the wait!

Yeah, I'm gutted too. But it sounds like it might be worth the 2 month wait. We might even get a Joe Dante commentary now, by the sound of it!