Premium Supporter
Dec 30, 2011
Up North Canada
Release date: October 10, 2016
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £17.99

13620997_1238081696225822_4687296925332259213_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yes, "Audition" - great film but in no way everyone's cup of tea and slow, slow until ...

I always saw Audition as more of a melodramatic love story with an incredibly messed up ending rather as a horror and think those who go into it expecting pure horror will be disappointed. Amazing film though, one of my favourites.

I always saw Audition as more of a melodramatic love story with an incredibly messed up ending rather as a horror and think those who go into it expecting pure horror will be disappointed. Amazing film though, one of my favourites.
Yes, i agree with you on that........ Melodramatic love story, messed up ending. The acting was very good also. It's like you said, i went into it expecting more horror and didn't expect such a slow burn. Sometimes it's hard to define a film as horror when there are other strong elements at play, and vice versa, i find.

Sent: 25 August 2016 13:00:34
Dear Sir or Madam,
Just wondering when/if you'll be releasing a clear white plastic Amaray edition - with reversible cover artwork? - as the steelbook for the film sold our rather quicker than I was expecting.
Yours faithfully,

Monday, 24 October 2016, 15:34
Hi Nicholas,
Thanks for contacting us, I apologize for how long you've waited for a response.
We shall be releasing The Burning in standard form in December.
Regards,
Kevin @ The AV Team

Sent:: 25th October 2016
Thank you, Kevin, for getting back to me and to be honest I'd completely forgotten I'd sent you a message.
Anyway, as you have got back to me, I was wondering if you could do something helpful and provide me with two snippets of information:-
1) A snapshot of the inside art/reversible sleeve of the upcoming Amaray release.
2) Details of how many copies Zavvi have recently taken delivery of.
Regards,
Nicholas

Tuesday, 25th October 2016
Hi Nicholas,
Right now that's not possible for me to do. The artwork is still in the stages of being finalized and has yet to go to print. As for Zavvi orders, I would need to look into this further but the person who handles this side of things is off this week.
If you're concerned about availability I wouldn't worry too much. There should be plenty. By the way, Zavvi are actually listing the steelbook if you're quick!
http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-burning-dual-format-includes-dvd-limited-edition-steelbook/11317763.html
Kevin

Sent: 25th October 2016
Thanks, Kevin, truth is I did get my copy when if became available again at HMV recently but I've got to say that it was a very strange release the way it suddenly disappeared from all retailers' websites almost simultaneously. . .
As Zavvi were listing this steelbook as "Sold out" for quite a while and now showing it as back in stock I'd be grateful if you could ask your colleague on his return about the size of Zavvi's recent order as I have a bet riding on the result - that it will still be available to buy after Hallowe'en, past my birthday and up till Christmas.
Regards,
Nicholas

Tuesday, 25th October 2016
Will try to let you know as soon as I can. Likely be next week though.
Regards,
Kev @ The AV Team

Zavvi now Sold Out of the stock they had unlees they kept some aside but I don't expect that to happen
Third party sellers only unless some small local retailers and small operation online stores have stock unsold

Arrow might have kept a small amount of stock for replacements but I expect they already have used these

Last edited:
Zavvi now Sold Out of the stock they had unlees they kept some aside but I don't expect that to happen
Third party sellers only unless some small local retailers have stock unsold

Arrow might have kept a small amount of stock for replacements but I expect they already have used these

I won't miss it Paul - it's not a particularly good film on any level, and I fail to see why it got a steelbook.
Personally not even tempted to have this in amaray . . . . .
La sangre, la sangre, la sangre! El desarrollo de cero caracter, nada! :(

I won't miss it Paul - it's not a particularly good film on any level, and I fail to see why it got a steelbook.
Personally not even tempted to have this in amaray . . . . .
La sangre, la sangre, la sangre! El desarrollo de cero caracter, nada! :(
It's a brilliant Horror Film has a big cult following it was a repeated requested release fans asked arrow video to release past few years and is why the steelbook sold fast and lot arrow fans asked for a steelbook release.
It's also first time in UK that got Blu-ray release and Uncut.
It was only previously availavle on Blu-ray from Scream Factory in USA and that was region A locked

Extras are very good on the Blu-ray

Last edited:
It's a brilliant Horror Film has a big cult following it was a repeated requested release fans asked arrow video to release past few years and is why the steelbook sold fast and lot arrow fans asked for a steelbook release.
It's also first time in UK that got Blu-ray release and Uncut.
It was only previously availavle on Blu-ray from Scream Factory in USA and that was region A locked

Extras are very good on the Blu-ray

Mmm, que posee un gran seguimientio de culto no implica calidad Paul. La pelicula es hueca, carente de caracter o desarrollo de la trama :(
Algunos pueden pasar por alto que; pero no yo.

Mmm, que posee un gran seguimientio de culto no implica calidad Paul. La pelicula es hueca, carente de caracter o desarrollo de la trama :(
Algunos pueden pasar por alto que; pero no yo.
I had to use google translate :LOL::rofl:

It sold out due to demand for the release it's that simple :D

I got my second one today. This one from Amazon.co.uk

First had scratch on back behind the j-slip. This one has an even bigger scratch across the front.

zz ******* zz

Most of those 1970's / 1980's horror films - especially those emanating from the U.S. - are a pile of poop but this and SLEEPAWAY CAMP are reportedly two of the better ones.
Having bought most of 88 Films' numbered spine period "Slasher Collection" and their "Italian Collection" I've got to say that the majority of the Slasher Collection are not good and the majority of the Italian Collection are much better with some real stand-out titles :thumbs: (imo).
RE: THE BURNING steelbook: It's a first for me as I've ended up with three copies (lol) of this steelbook when I thought that I'd completely missed the boat . . . first one from Movie Mail - when it was showing "sold out" everywhere else - and one each from HMV and Amazon when it came back not long ago.

Yes, I've got a shelf and a half full of U.S. Import Region Free reasonably priced at the time Blue Underground titles and most of those titles are "interesting".
Personally speaking perfectly happy with my copy of "Last House on the Left" 1972 and I don't mind that it's a bit rough around the edges and as one of the better early U.S. exploitation films, with a $90,000 budget and Wes Craven's first film it's certainly worth checking out . . . although to tell the truth I don't automatically prefer the original over the later remake (and that applies to most of these).
Anyway, not unhappy I picked this one up (U.S. Region Free import from an AmazonUK marketplace seller in July 2014 for GBP 6.94 + GBP 1.26 P&P) and it's still cheap as chips today both here and in The States and as a fan of this film in both incarnations I should mention NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS 1975 from 88 Films' Italian Collection, if you're not familiar with it, as one to watch with LAST HOUSE back-to-back... preferably at Hallowe'en.
It could be argued that if THE BURNING - one of those infamous "Video Nasties" - can get a U.K. steelbook and Amaray release then how about LAST HOUSE as another genuine "Video Nasty" and banned by the BBFC until 2008.

Last edited: