The Entity (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Eureka) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 30th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Sunday December 11th 6PM UK time)
Price: £17.99

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
580x384-steelbook-11377212-041258.jpg

The Entity - Dual Format Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Includes DVD) Blu-ray

Limited to just 1000 copies! Act Fast!

Agree with majority on here , not seen the film for many many years but remembered it being okay though may not hold up well, it's certainly no poltergeist .

As for that steelbook ......abberation doesn't do it justice enough

Yes, not the best artwork but close enough to one of the original poster design as to be indistinguishable:-
. . . but hopefully slightly different to the poster as in no print on the steelbook front apart from the title . . . http://hellhorror.com/movies/poster/47822/The-Entity.html

First time Blu-ray release here in the U.K. with no date as yet confirmed for the Amaray and with a reported ultra low print run I'd still be surprised if this one sells out before release . . . as surprised as if "Enemy Mine" sells out in fact.

Also, and very unlike the typical Eureka product, there appears to be zero Special Features and according to one source:-
"The Entity contains no supplements. A menu of any kind is not included. The optional English SDH subtitles must be selected via the player's options screen or remote control device."

(The Eureka exception also with the ultra low print run, the "Fright Night" steelbook, is fortunate enough to have perfect front art and a massive fan base as seen in the speedy sell-out of the two Twilight Time U.S. releases . . . 8.000 copies whoosh out the door before you could say Jack Robinson).

Last edited:
This is a far better film than it gets credit for. The acting is solid and credible throughout. I have seen it once or twice, last time being quite a few years ago, but remember being impressed with it even then. Everybody remembers the **** scene but this film isn't just about that ONE scene - amongst other things it's about how the situation worsens, affects everything and everyone in her life, and on a serious level. Barbara Herschey is excellent........and everyone does a bang-up-job too. I never understood the reverance for Poltetgeist - i just didn't get it, wasn't strong enough in any department, imo.
I can't believe there are no extras with this! The steelbook is ok, i quite like the front actually, but should have just been the title on the front, embossed - the rest of it is a bit lazy. I pre-ordered but might cancel if it doesnt sell out before release date..........pondering.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I'm probably going against the flow on this one, but i am really starting to look forward to this release. Would like to get it around xmas time so i can watch it late one night, i probably wont cancel this steelbook now, on second thoughts, as i feel the film is strong enough to warrant the pre-order price. YIKES! - Hope my memory serves me well!

I'm probably going against the flow on this one, but i am really starting to look forward to this release. Would like to get it around xmas time so i can watch it late one night, i probably wont cancel this steelbook now, on second thoughts, as i feel the film is strong enough to warrant the pre-order price. YIKES! - Hope my memory serves me well!
well said, this defo warrants a preorder, this is a classic and has stood the test of time and is still as enjoyable as it was back in the day,
shame same cant be said about fright night, really hasnt aged well steel looks great but movie really isnt as good as i remembered,

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Cancelled my preorder for this earlier today.

May pick it up on BD at some point if it drops in price. Not necessarily this steelbook as it's absolute wank!

• Thanks
Reactions: yardman
well said, this defo warrants a preorder, this is a classic and has stood the test of time and is still as enjoyable as it was back in the day,
shame same cant be said about fright night, really hasnt aged well steel looks great but movie really isnt as good as i remembered,
Aha, you kind of answered a curious question of mine! I've never seen Fright night, and i'm thinking to order the steelbook IF it comes back up. But i saw a few mins of it a few months ago and thought that it doesn't seem like the type that would interest me, TBH. And i was wondering what all the hooha was about and why such a big cult following. On that basis alone i was thinking of going for it, but if i miss the steelbook then there's the amaray i can get later - looks like the type of movie i'm not too fussed about missing the steelbook for. But The Entity - the more i am thinking about it, the more i'm looking forward to it, and in a steelbook to boot, which, despite all the text on the front, apart from the title, looks good to me. A very solid film, with a serious approach to the story. AND alot of good actors/acting. Rubbing my hands now, haha!!

• Thanks
Reactions: yardman
Aha, you kind of answered a curious question of mine! I've never seen Fright night, and i'm thinking to order the steelbook IF it comes back up. But i saw a few mins of it a few months ago and thought that it doesn't seem like the type that would interest me, TBH. And i was wondering what all the hooha was about and why such a big cult following. On that basis alone i was thinking of going for it, but if i miss the steelbook then there's the amaray i can get later - looks like the type of movie i'm not too fussed about missing the steelbook for. But The Entity - the more i am thinking about it, the more i'm looking forward to it, and in a steelbook to boot, which, despite all the text on the front, apart from the title, looks good to me. A very solid film, with a serious approach to the story. AND alot of good actors/acting. Rubbing my hands now, haha!!
you know your movies then buddy, your right fright night does have a cult following, and it was ok back in the 80, but today i was bored half way through, the remake in my honest opinion is 10 times better,

I bought The Entity when it came out a while back on Blu-ray. I owned the DVD version prior to that. If I didn't already have this on Blu-ray I would get this steelbook. But I don't think it's worth a double dip for me as I do find the artwork uninspired. For those that don't already have this on Blu-ray I'd say go for it. The picture and sound quality are a noticeable and worthwhile improvement over the DVD if not an overwhelming one. As far as the movie itself, I saw it in the Theater when it first came out. As I recall the reviews were mixed but slanted towards the negative. Based (loosely?) on an "alleged" real incident I found it unsettling, creepy, and effective. I still do. The "thump, thump, thump" recurring music when there's an "attack" works well at first but gets over-used. Anyway, it's a movie I've watched quite a few times over the years and always enjoy it.

I bought The Entity when it came out a while back on Blu-ray. I owned the DVD version prior to that. If I didn't already have this on Blu-ray I would get this steelbook. But I don't think it's worth a double dip for me as I do find the artwork uninspired. For those that don't already have this on Blu-ray I'd say go for it. The picture and sound quality are a noticeable and worthwhile improvement over the DVD if not an overwhelming one. As far as the movie itself, I saw it in the Theater when it first came out. As I recall the reviews were mixed but slanted towards the negative. Based (loosely?) on an "alleged" real incident I found it unsettling, creepy, and effective. I still do. The "thump, thump, thump" recurring music when there's an "attack" works well at first but gets over-used. Anyway, it's a movie I've watched quite a few times over the years and always enjoy it.
Yeah, i remember the "thump, thump, thump" music - i thought it was effective and added more ominous tension to those scenes, and to the movie as a whole. I didnt see this at the cinema at the time so i didnt catch the negative reviews, but i am not surprised TBH. For the time this would have been a strong horror drama, not to everbodys easy "Saturday night viewing" taste, so wouldn't have appealed to most critics........i don't think?