The Entity (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Eureka) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 30th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Sunday December 11th 6PM UK time)
Price: £17.99

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The manitou sounds hilarious

from what I remember about this film and seeing it at a young age I remember being weirded out by those scenes
Yeah, they made so really dumb horror movies in that time. The Manitou, Humanoids from the Deep, also Prophecy (about some weird mutated bear caused by pollution). Slithis.... Hell hath no fury like Slithis.:D
Oh, the golden age of early VHS!
IMG_7545.JPG

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
If this is the final art and the only extra is a trailer then I'll wait for a massive price drop, cheers.

Looks like it could be the same as the US disc, which apparently isn't up to much.

My ex loved this movie but I really can't remember anything about it though.
What I did remember though was the cover and this ain't it, very bland choice.
Looks like Monty Python should be plastered over the top of it lol

Reactions: C.C. 95
Yes, original poster artwork again with the only other option out of the original designs . . . this:-

Not a fan of the front artworks on these Eureka "Classics"- apart from FRIGHT NIGHT of course - but not knocking them for that because at least they're all based on the respective original film posters and I suppose it's not their fault that FRIGHT NIGHT is the only one of the "Classics" to have top class poster artwork.

Eureka are quietly creeping up behind Arrow in terms of exceptional Blu-ray releases this year. I hope the next one to be announced is Scrooge starring Alistair Sim.

• Thanks
Reactions: levi
Eureka are quietly creeping up behind Arrow in terms of exceptional Blu-ray releases this year. I hope the next one to be announced is Scrooge starring Alistair Sim.

Yes please. I don't care what packaging they use. Just a proper bluray release please. I can't get it or stream it over here :(

• Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Yes, love that film and Alastair Sim in particular . . . one that's been on my AmazonUK region free U.S. import watch list for ages
53438_large.jpg
but stubbornly refuses to be bought for a reasonable price (under 10 quid including P&P). You have however got me thinking about other Christmassy (OK, holiday) films that are missing a Blu-ray and/or a steelbook release here in the U.K. and was wondering if maybe someone could start a thread of holiday films / feel good films that they'd like to see given a steelbooks release or at least more suitable than THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE (LOL) . . . I could contribute with suggestions from the film pages from my collection of over 25 years of Christmas and Easter editions of the Radio and the TV Times.
Of course, there is a tradition of horror films over Christmas but much more of the spooky ghost story kind and I'm thinking here more of THE INNOCENTS (1961) or SCHALKEN THE PAINTER (1979) and works from Hammer or Amicus than CENTIPEDE to be honest.

• Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Yes, love that film and Alastair Sim in particular . . . one that's been on my AmazonUK region free U.S. import watch list for ages
53438_large.jpg
but stubbornly refuses to be bought for a reasonable price (under 10 quid including P&P). You have however got me thinking about other Christmassy (OK, holiday) films that are missing a Blu-ray and/or a steelbook release here in the U.K. and was wondering if maybe someone could start a thread of holiday films / feel good films that they'd like to see given a steelbooks release or at least more suitable than THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE (LOL) . . . I could contribute with suggestions from the film pages from my collection of over 25 years of Christmas and Easter editions of the Radio and the TV Times.
Of course, there is a tradition of horror films over Christmas but much more of the spooky ghost story kind and I'm thinking here more of THE INNOCENTS (1961) or SCHALKEN THE PAINTER (1979) and works from Hammer or Amicus than CENTIPEDE to be honest.
What about this one? $8.00
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002EXW7DY/dvdbeaver-20/ref=nosim
IMG_7560.JPG
DVDBeaver approves of this edition:
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/dvdreviews47/a_christmas_carol_blu-ray.htm

^ Yes, that one too but unfortunately only available here atm for @GBP 30 in "Used" condition. The other edition is about 13 quid "New & sealed" but still above what I'd ideally like to pay.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
^ Yes, that one too but unfortunately only available here atm for @GBP 30 in "Used" condition. The other edition is about 13 quid "New & sealed" but still above what I'd ideally like to pay.
That's really weird that the U.S. Amazon has a quintessential British movie for a great price, but UK Amazon does not. Weird.
It is, without question, the A Christmas Carol movie.
(Although I do have a soft spot for the George C. Scott version).

tried the normal link and code no working and ideas?
Pay Full Price :p :rofl:

Zavvi have disabled the Links and Discount code on UK website that was been used past few months
Until a member gets an email sorry we miss you from Zavvi UK with new link none will work