The Entity (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Eureka) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 30th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Sunday December 11th 6PM UK time)
Price: £17.99

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Inside Artwork for those intrestedView attachment 284547
I take it back . . . the bit about this being the ugly sister as in reality it's more like the belle of the ball. . . and I welcome the inside artwork . . . and might have welcomed it some more had it been wraparound outside artwork like on some of the earlier releases of THE ENTITY on VHS, Betamax and later on laserdisc and DVD (pics which give new meaning to the title "The En-tit-y").
Happy to see that the inside artwork has been fixed, like on FRIGHT NIGHT, so that it doesn't look freakish.
[URL='http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjO_ey1xKfRAhXEExoKHR5iBHcQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fanorakzoneforum.informe.com%2Fforum%2Fpost515038.html%3Fstart%3D920&psig=AFQjCNFEwsXo1hveO8UNF8vYlj0yakZTfA&ust=1483586424429788'] [/URL]
[URL='http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj5x_HtsafRAhVGbBoKHa0xAoQQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpicclick.co.uk%2FRare-THE-ENTITY-Ex-Rental-PAL-VHS-Horror-131923071444.html&psig=AFQjCNGZ5p8u-gUNb9ibJemQuXKUZx-37g&ust=1483581090576248']
64461_large.jpg
upload_2017-1-4_2-53-0.jpeg[/URL]

Last edited:
Yes, region "B" locked and no booklet as well as being very sparse with Special Features = not the greatest from Eureka in that regard.

On the other hand a U.K. first in HD with original poster "artwork" and with no release date for the Amaray (which hopefully will have different exterior art . . . at least on the reversible wraparound).

Yes, region "B" locked and no booklet as well as being very sparse with Special Features = not the greatest from Eureka in that regard.

On the other hand a U.K. first in HD with original poster "artwork" and with no release date for the Amaray (which hopefully will have different exterior art . . . at least on the reversible wraparound).
Yeah, very sparse with special features. As far as i can see there aren't any. But just having this movie on blu ray alone is enough to appease me, in this case. Such a good movie! BUT a few special features wouldn't have gone amiss, though. Barbara Herschey was in The Conjuring too, and it's like the makers of that film were tipping their hats to this film, with the character she played. If anybody seen that, then you'll know what i mean.

BUT a few special features wouldn't have gone amiss
Yes, a sub-standard release and the least satisfactory of the usually first rate and "packing" steelbooks trotting out of the Eureka stable with only the drink's coaster/frisbee/bird scarer DVD as a consolation plus a trailer.
A step up, though, from the U.S. Anchor Bay Amaray release which reportedly doesn't even have a menu . . . don't suppose the PQ is any better on ours than that one either . . .

In conclusion: a title crying out for a re-master and a host of Special Features of the usual Eureka standard and not one that I'll personally be adding to the collection at full price, sorry to say :(

Yes, a sub-standard release and the least satisfactory of the usually first rate and "packing" steelbooks trotting out of the Eureka stable with only the drink's coaster/frisbee/bird scarer DVD as a consolation plus a trailer.
A step up, though, from the U.S. Anchor Bay Amaray release which reportedly doesn't even have a menu . . . don't suppose the PQ is any better on ours than that one either . . .

In conclusion: a title crying out for a re-master and a host of Special Features of the usual Eureka standard and not one that I'll personally be adding to the collection at full price, sorry to say :(
Yeah, bare bones releases i too normally wait for a price drop, but this film, in a steelbook, with a reported 1000 print run ( i think?) - just felt i'd rather pay full price than risk losing out altogether. Even if there is a price drop on this in the future i wouldn't be too bothered because the film has alot of rewatch value for me. Whereas the other two releases ( fright night and enemy mine) i don't think would have any rewatch value (for me) despite fright night being packed to the brim with special features ( not sure about enemy mine?). Out the three releass though, this is the only one i have, and the only one whose special features i would have been interested in. Ah well, grateful for small mercys i suppose.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
I watched this blu ray on Saturday - still an awesome movie, has not lost any of its strength, and i really enjoyed it after all these years. Will be watching this again, more than once - high rewatch value for me. PQ is good, and consistent throughout. In some places i think the pq might be a bit soft, but no glaring inconsistencies as far as i am concerned. Audio is fine - i found i had to up the volume slightly in some places though as their on screen voices seemed a bit low...........on the odd occasion. Very happy with this, and so glad i got it!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia