'The Expendables 2' - In theaters August 17, 2012

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
From IMDB:
Mr. Church reunites the Expendables for what should be an easy paycheck, but when one of their men is murdered on the job, their quest for revenge puts them deep in enemy territory and up against an unexpected threat.
With Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Willis, Statham, Van Damme, Norris, Li and more!
[media=youtube]7rkdTcQLwZ4[/media][/center]

Per Screenrant:
The followup to last year’s ’80s action mashup, The Expendables 2, is now officially slated for theatrical release almost two years exactly after its predecessor shot, cut, slashed, smashed, and whatever-other-past-tense-violent-verb-you-can-think-of its way into theaters.

Lionsgate has settled on August 17th, 2012 as the day of release for Expendables 2, just a week after another explosion-and-action friendly blockbuster sequel, GI Joe 2, arrives on the scene.

Former ’80s and ’90s action stars including Jean-Claude Van Damme aim to join the party in The Expendables 2, while both Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger could potentially expand on their all-too-brief cameos from the first film and become either supporting or main characters in the follow-up.

The news that Stallone will let someone else call the shots on this sequel should be more than welcome by those who recall the shoddy cinematography and uneven editing in the first Expendables. While the film still managed to be an overall entertaining ride for those in the mood for high-octane violence, most would agree there’s plenty of room for improvement.

So what other aging action stars could sign up for Expendables 2? Names like Steven Seagal and Chuck Norris have been bandied about a lot, although both turned down parts in the first; I suppose even someone like Keanu Reeves is of a fitting age to join the party (assuming everyone wants to invite him?). Maybe we’ll get a kick-ass actress onboard this time as well. I’ll go ahead and nominate Michelle Rodriguez, who proved herself more than worthy just recently in Battle: Los Angeles.

Last edited by a moderator:
JACKIE CHAN
THE ROCK
STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN
TRIPLE H
WESLEY SNIPES
VINNIE JONES
LIAM NEESON

...plenty of good candidates

I'd love to see a rematch between Jackie Chan and Jet Li.

Also, it would be great to have Liam Neeson in the 3rd one.

And I can see a Rock vs. Stone Cold scene as well. Ooohh, too many possibilities. Bring it on.

Full banner!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 94
I watched the first one again yesterday. Great flick. Aside from TDKR, this is the other movie that I have been eagerly anticipating all summer.

By the way, either of the 2 movie posters above would make a sweet steelbook cover. Here's hoping...

The Expendables 2 Officially Gets an R Rating!!!!!!!
From Movieweb

Director Simon West's action sequel The Expendables 2 has officially been given a R rating. Fans of the action franchise were concerned that the film was going for a PG-13 rating, but those concerns have faded away due to the strong violence, language and brief sexuality in the film.
PHpgQm6axQJfsw_1_m.jpg

Just found out that a friend of mine in the know is trying to get me 2 tickets into the after premier party!! Whether anything will come of it or not I don't know but I can hope!! :scat::scat::scat:

Reactions: Drum18 and bigrob
If i wasn't dealing with the Olympics all next week, i'd be pulling your arm off for a ticket