'The Expendables 2' - In theaters August 17, 2012

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
From IMDB:
Mr. Church reunites the Expendables for what should be an easy paycheck, but when one of their men is murdered on the job, their quest for revenge puts them deep in enemy territory and up against an unexpected threat.
With Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Willis, Statham, Van Damme, Norris, Li and more!
[media=youtube]7rkdTcQLwZ4[/media][/center]

Per Screenrant:
The followup to last year’s ’80s action mashup, The Expendables 2, is now officially slated for theatrical release almost two years exactly after its predecessor shot, cut, slashed, smashed, and whatever-other-past-tense-violent-verb-you-can-think-of its way into theaters.

Lionsgate has settled on August 17th, 2012 as the day of release for Expendables 2, just a week after another explosion-and-action friendly blockbuster sequel, GI Joe 2, arrives on the scene.

Former ’80s and ’90s action stars including Jean-Claude Van Damme aim to join the party in The Expendables 2, while both Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger could potentially expand on their all-too-brief cameos from the first film and become either supporting or main characters in the follow-up.

The news that Stallone will let someone else call the shots on this sequel should be more than welcome by those who recall the shoddy cinematography and uneven editing in the first Expendables. While the film still managed to be an overall entertaining ride for those in the mood for high-octane violence, most would agree there’s plenty of room for improvement.

So what other aging action stars could sign up for Expendables 2? Names like Steven Seagal and Chuck Norris have been bandied about a lot, although both turned down parts in the first; I suppose even someone like Keanu Reeves is of a fitting age to join the party (assuming everyone wants to invite him?). Maybe we’ll get a kick-ass actress onboard this time as well. I’ll go ahead and nominate Michelle Rodriguez, who proved herself more than worthy just recently in Battle: Los Angeles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found out that a friend of mine in the know is trying to get me 2 tickets into the after premier party!! Whether anything will come of it or not I don't know but I can hope!! :scat::scat::scat:

Good luck!!!
If you do get in:
10165297.jpg

:hilarious:

Just back from London, where i was lucky enough to have met Arnold Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Van Damme and Jason Statham. Statham loved my Expendables tattoo :oohyeah:

Just back from London, where i was lucky enough to have met Arnold Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Van Damme and Jason Statham. Statham loved my Expendables tattoo :oohyeah:

nice, thats so very awesome! :) Im surprised Stallone is even out there for PR as his son just died a few weeks back :(

Just back from the cinema and can report this is Awesome a total guy's film Guns, Laughs, carnage 80's acting Awesome you will love it.

Just watched this earlier......brilliant!!! Absolutely brilliant! Can't wait to watch it again in a week and a half with Bigrob, Cheaney and a couple of my other friends before watching Terminator 1 & 2 on the big screen!!!!

Saw it on Saturday. Absolutely awesome:scat: I can't recommend it highly enough. Seeing all of the 80's action icons on the screen fighting together was something special...

Yesterday, watched the first one (for the 1st time): Good.
Just came back from the 2nd:

“I heard you got bit by a King Cobra.”
"Yeah, after 5 days of intense pain, the cobra died.”

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:
I almost peed myself!!!!

I don't remember an action movie I laughed soooo much!!! TX GUYS and gul

went to see it last week before i went holiday & i loved it, great to see arnie back in a longer part along with bruce willis the back and forth banter between sly arnie & willis was a hoot with each of them using each others trade mark quips, more action comedy & new cast additions including chuck makes it a winner hands down.
if you liked the first one you'll love this, here's hopeing we get a great steel :scat:

Mrs Ripclaw and I watched this over the weekend (we did a double feature with Step Up: Revolution) and it was awesome!!! It was great seeing Chuck in action. I felt that the dialogue was much more audible in this movie than the first. There were no weak links with any of the main cast. I initially though that Liam Hemsworth was not going to be able to carry his weight, but I was wrong. And damn, is that boy fit?! Watching him run up that slope with his 50-cal sniper rifle was something else!