'The Expendables 2' - In theaters August 17, 2012

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
From IMDB:
Mr. Church reunites the Expendables for what should be an easy paycheck, but when one of their men is murdered on the job, their quest for revenge puts them deep in enemy territory and up against an unexpected threat.
With Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Willis, Statham, Van Damme, Norris, Li and more!
[media=youtube]7rkdTcQLwZ4[/media][/center]

Per Screenrant:
The followup to last year’s ’80s action mashup, The Expendables 2, is now officially slated for theatrical release almost two years exactly after its predecessor shot, cut, slashed, smashed, and whatever-other-past-tense-violent-verb-you-can-think-of its way into theaters.

Lionsgate has settled on August 17th, 2012 as the day of release for Expendables 2, just a week after another explosion-and-action friendly blockbuster sequel, GI Joe 2, arrives on the scene.

Former ’80s and ’90s action stars including Jean-Claude Van Damme aim to join the party in The Expendables 2, while both Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger could potentially expand on their all-too-brief cameos from the first film and become either supporting or main characters in the follow-up.

The news that Stallone will let someone else call the shots on this sequel should be more than welcome by those who recall the shoddy cinematography and uneven editing in the first Expendables. While the film still managed to be an overall entertaining ride for those in the mood for high-octane violence, most would agree there’s plenty of room for improvement.

So what other aging action stars could sign up for Expendables 2? Names like Steven Seagal and Chuck Norris have been bandied about a lot, although both turned down parts in the first; I suppose even someone like Keanu Reeves is of a fitting age to join the party (assuming everyone wants to invite him?). Maybe we’ll get a kick-ass actress onboard this time as well. I’ll go ahead and nominate Michelle Rodriguez, who proved herself more than worthy just recently in Battle: Los Angeles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mrs Ripclaw and I watched this over the weekend (we did a double feature with Step Up: Revolution) and it was awesome!!! It was great seeing Chuck in action. I felt that the dialogue was much more audible in this movie than the first. There were no weak links with any of the main cast. I initially though that Liam Hemsworth was not going to be able to carry his weight, but I was wrong. And damn, is that boy fit?! Watching him run up that slope with his 50-cal sniper rifle was something else!

"Remember when we could do that?"

"No"

LOL:hilarious:

This movie was awesome, so much better than the first one! Terry Crews needs to star in films by himself - either in action movies or comedies! He's so damn entertaining!

It was great seeing Chuck Norris again too. He had the best kill with the dude falling on the X-ray machine. What was the inside jokes between him and Stallone - the nods to Good Guys Wear Black and Lone Wolf McQuade? There wasn't enough of him but some is better than nothing. I wish he had a starring comeback flick. Maybe Tarentino can get him back on the screen?

Anyone notice how tired Arnold seems? It's not that he's old. It's just that he seems really tired and distracted. I was happy to see him but he seems to have lost his edge or cockiness. Stallone and Eastwood are old too but they have the same intensityas in their earlier films.

And of course Van Damme! Someone give him more villain roles!

Stallone should get some type of MTV award for these films - "Best Hollywood Coordinator" to get all these action stars together. Stallone is a really special guy.

Agreed, Van Damme made a truly entertaining villain. And the way he used the knife to kill someone was unique and so badass!

It was so good to see Chuck back in action.
I love the part when the team was rescued after they were surrounded by the Sangs, and they thought that it was multiple shooters, but it was only Chuck. Too cool.

Schwarzenegger does look tired AND old. I have grave doubts if he wants to star in future Terminator movies. T2 was and always will be one of *the* definitive Schwarzenegger movies; that and Predator.

I wouldn't count Arnold out just yet. His new film "The Last Stand" looks like it may be fun and over the top. I'm looking forward to that one and Stallones next one "Bullet to the Head".

I love 80's & 90's action movies. I grew up on them. This movie sucked hard though. I absolutely hated the way they just shoved Arnold & Chuck Norris into the story. The dialogue was cringe-worthy and the script was totally cliched;
Liam Hemsworth's character putting in his retirement notice only to be killed minutes later.

On scale of 1-10, 10 being bad and 1 being "worst movie ever". Expendables 2 gets a solid 8.

edit - JCVD was good and a strong point in the movie.

Last edited:
I love 80's & 90's action movies. I grew up on them. This movie sucked hard though. I absolutely hated the way they just shoved Arnold & Chuck Norris into the story. The dialogue was cringe-worthy and the script was totally cliched;
Liam Hemsworth's character putting in his retirement notice only to be killed minutes later.

On scale of 1-10, 10 being bad and 1 being "worst movie ever". Expendables 2 gets a solid 8.

edit - JCVD was good and a strong point in the movie.

So you hated the movie but gave it an 8 out of 10?? :rolleyes:

Totally cliched dialogue is what the 80s and 90s action movies are all about man!

I thought this movie was loads of fun, the theatre I saw it in the crowd was practically rolling in the ailes laughing. And all the explosions and gun battles made for a really great popcorn movie imo.

My only quibble is that Jet Li was not in the movie long enough.

They need to get Li back and get Jackie Chan in the 3rd movie.

The dialogue was predictable, you knew the one liners were coming, mindless violence with no real story...................just brilliant! :oohyeah:

Everyone went nuts when Chuck Norris came on!

Have to love the 80's action movies!

Reactions: stinkofdefeat
nick cage to be in Expendables 3 .....

also talking trying to get Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes (when he gets out of prison) and mickey rourke (back)

I thought this movie was awesome! Had action and humour but you have to take it for what it is. One of my fav films of the year! Roll on the third one hopefully with all the people wreck said above!