Release date: June 15th, 2015
Purchase link: The Gambler
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 1,500 copies

11082353-1423733223-962723.jpg

11082353-1423733223-962690.jpg

11082353-1423733223-962701.jpg

Last edited:
well on the listing now it is listed as coming out the 1st june, so is now 1 week and couple of days away.
I wonder how many people goona hang on at that price :rofl::rofl::rofl:

people will be get charged very soon i would have thought. whats the bet it magically comes back in stock afterwards? :D

basil :thumbs:

well on the listing now it is listed as coming out the 1st june, so is now 1 week and couple of days away.
I wonder how many people goona hang on at that price :rofl::rofl::rofl:

people will be get charged very soon i would have thought. whats the bet it magically comes back in stock afterwards? :D

...and the release date has gone back to 8th June now

This is certainly a strange one regarding the pricing and the fact that it hasn't come back (to my knowledge) to order now that it has actually been released and dispatched.

Maybe I'm missing something but taking the following into consideration I don't understand it:-

- Single disc
- No 3D
- Artwork not exclusive and looks like this run of 4,000 (?) is shared with Zavvi receiving 1,500 and the rest divided so far between the U.S. and the Czech Republic.
- By all accounts a very average remake of a much better film from 1974

All I can think is that there must be such an obsession with gambling that any film with gambling in it as a central theme will sell out or that all copies have been bought by kind, understanding and generous wives to give to their
husbands in four days time on the 21st June (Father's Day)?

or maybe the artwork is really special with lots of embossing and debossing and it has a 'special' finish?

Last edited:
This is certainly a strange one regarding the pricing and the fact that it hasn't come back (to my knowledge) to order now that it has actually been released and dispatched.

Maybe I'm missing something but taking the following into consideration I don't understand it:-

- Single disc
- No 3D
- Artwork not exclusive and looks like this run of 4,000 (?) is shared with Zavvi receiving 1,500 and the rest divided so far between the U.S. and the Czech Republic.
- By all accounts a very average remake of a much better film from 1974

All I can think is that there must be such an obsession with gambling that any film with gambling in it as a central theme will sell out or that all copies have been bought by kind, understanding wives to give to their
husbands on the 21st June (Father's Day)?

or maybe the artwork is really special with lots of embossing and debossing and it has a 'special' finish?
There is no 'bossing on this, I've seen the german version, and as it is a shared run, will be the same. Another few reasons this is still showing as sold out is A) - This was in a promo offer ie , pre order and get 10% off in store steelbooks, and more likely B) - Zavvi are still counting all the mass cancellations to put back up for order..:naughty:

OR maybe, zavvi had such low sales, they sent all unsold stock back to the distributor....

Reactions: virkia
There is no 'bossing on this, I've seen the german version, and as it is a shared run, will be the same. Another few reasons this is still showing as sold out is A) - This was in a promo offer ie , pre order and get 10% off in store steelbooks, and more likely B) - Zavvi are still counting all the mass cancellations to put back up for order..:naughty:

OR maybe, zavvi had such low sales, they sent all unsold stock back to the distributor....

If the last point is a possibility then the U.K. edition will be as rare as hen's teeth, methinks?
Maybe 200 sold (or less if the reaction here is anything to go by) - to compare with 'The Interview' HDN Exclusive No.2 - with the rest going to other countries . . ?
Now that's a thought.

was just looking on zavvi thru steel lists and this back but they still got it at £24.99 though :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

as they say there is sold out and then theres zavvi sold out :LOL:

reckon this be hitting the bargain bin within 4-6months usual zavvi tactics going on here :rolleyes: