Release date: June 15th, 2015
Purchase link: The Gambler
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 1,500 copies

11082353-1423733223-962723.jpg

11082353-1423733223-962690.jpg

11082353-1423733223-962701.jpg

Last edited:
sorry the absolute rubbish was aimed at the fact of 'collector's changing there spending habits' i don't think this is the case. just zavvi trying it on in more and unusual marketing (robbing ways) and i don't think this should be the case of the haves and have not's if you see what i'm saying.

sort reminds me of george orwells animal farm where some animals are more equal than others and i disagree with the whole concept.

basil :thumbs:
I agree with what your saying, I used the Pain & Gain reference because I remember that selling out within a couple of hour's and seeing the Gambler still hanging around with other title's which have failed to shift I honestly believed and hoped that people had grown wise to Zavvi's tactics and were refusing to pay £24,99...I agree with your view's on collecting steel's:thumbs:, sadly this might be the year that price's me out of the hobby if the going rate for a 1 disc steel is going to be £20+:(

It's probably sold out because of the large number of people who ordered this to get 10% off instock steelbooks, most people either end up cancelling their order for The Gambler once their instock steelbooks have shipped. And since Zavvi usually put up cancelled stock in one go, rather than adding them as soon as a copy is cancelled, Id say this is bound to come back in stock sooner or later.

It's definately not sold out, as I've just pre-ordered it!

All the above comments definately make it sound like a terrible movie, but due to the very limited steelbook release I had to pre-order just in case!

what amazes me they cannot put up a release date for this, when on amazon atm you can pre-order the dvd or blu-ray with a release date of the 1st june how hard can it be for zavvi to put up that info it's not rocket science is it?

what amazes me they cannot put up a release date for this, when on amazon atm you can pre-order the dvd or blu-ray with a release date of the 1st june how hard can it be for zavvi to put up that info it's not rocket science is it?

It shouldn't be that amazing, it is Zavvi after all. Even more amusing is that they too have the release date of 1st June on the amaray.

I am more concerned as to why Paramount releases seem to cost so much compared to the others in England, it's not even like they have been awesome movies: Turtles, Gambler, Hansel & Gretal, GI Joe 2, Pain & Gain - not a 4 star movie in the group yet all over £20+ I know that there is 3D and low print runs on some but come on you don't even get a digital copy thrown in.
Everyone needs to stop buying their expensive crap and they might start treating us better.

£25 is too much, I'm never going to bite at that price, £15 or less maybe, is Wahlberg really worth it. I don't even like the design, it reminds me of the god awful Great Gatsby steelbook for some reason.

Yeah wasn't impressed with the price but preorderd as I had a feeling it would sell out before release and no opportunity for a price drop.