Paris - France
Release date: May 26, 2014
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £18.31

10900314-2664346962834428.jpg

10900314-1984346962845000.jpg
10900314-1094346962842498.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrived in cardboard envelope with a tiny piece of that thin sponge wrap. Luckily undamaged
Looks ok not the best design I've ever seen not sure if I like the silver but glad to finally have this movie in a Steelbook.
Have they ran out of boxes again?

Arrived in cardboard envelope with a tiny piece of that thin sponge wrap. Luckily undamaged
Looks ok not the best design I've ever seen not sure if I like the silver but glad to finally have this movie in a Steelbook.
Have they ran out of boxes again?

Zavvi changed the thickness of their bubble wrap many months ago as the thickness they were using originally took it into the next postal price bracket. Thinning the bubble wrap keeps the postal costs down. Not that I agree with this of course, still never received a damaged steelbook from Zavvi yet, fingers crossed.

Zavvi changed the thickness of their bubble wrap many months ago as the thickness they were using originally took it into the next postal price bracket. Thinning the bubble wrap keeps the postal costs down. Not that I agree with this of course, still never received a damaged steelbook from Zavvi yet, fingers crossed.
To be fair I've only ever had one damaged steel from them but would feel better with the white boxes they usually use & not these cardboard envelopes.
Back to the Steelbook it's ok but this would have been a great title for a Kimchi release

Another pic of the sealed package. Honestly it would have looked a lot better if the steelbook was the colour of the slip. The craquelured font for the title is quite nice - though they forgot to continue it onto the 'U' on the slip.

GBU-2.jpg

Last edited:
arrived today. nice enough, some embossing/debossing would have been nice. does the job though.
now for the transfer. pq wise, i wouldn't exactly say there's improvement, other than a considerably richer colour palette, which some might describe as 'more yellow', a point which has already been raised in earlier posts.
has the movie benefitted from the new transfer? hard to say. i'm pretty sure it'll have as many haters as lovers, if not more, considering the fact that this was the movie out of the trilogy with the best transfer anyway, but that's just my opinion......

Does it have any extras? I am not that keen on the steelbook and may go for the trilogy release but I was curious about the differences between the two.

Amazon sent mine in a card envelope, their A1 one, pathetic protection, any impact and excess weight will mean dents and scratches. Luckily the steelbook survived unscathed this time.

The first time Amazon UK have done this for my order and they posted it through the letterbox. They sent a message to say they did after, usually it's sent with a courier and signed for. Looks like Amazon were being cheap and looking to save time, hope this is not a reoccurring thing with Amazon.

I'm happy with the steelbook, it could have been better but it's not as bad as some of the other ones being released lately. The remastering is a vast improvement, from what I have watched so far.

Last edited:
Mine's preparing for dispatch from Amazon - total paid = £11.07.. result! Look forward to checking out the new transfer.