Release date: May 26, 2014
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £18.31

10900314-2664346962834428.jpg

10900314-1984346962845000.jpg
10900314-1094346962842498.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
UK - The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

uOM3BG4.jpg

YHrEK1C.jpg

2Bh41BT.jpg

uWBru8p.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

4nk3Z7d.jpg

lF19ylN.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

7drQUjC.jpg

UYICpda.jpg

Just watching this now, to my untrained eye it does look remastered, but if it isn't I'm still glad I got it, this is a truly exceptional movie, the the word classic gets thrown around a lot but this is one film that deserves it, if you haven't got it, get it

Just watching this now, to my untrained eye it does look remastered, but if it isn't I'm still glad I got it, this is a truly exceptional movie, the the word classic gets thrown around a lot but this is one film that deserves it, if you haven't got it, get it

They've definitely remastered the picture. The colour timing has been tweaked also. You can see it on the opening credits. The bright outside scenes are very very good. Inside scenes though a bit hit and miss but overall, i'm happy with it. Will have to find the old version and do a proper compare. I'm still a bit unconvinced with the 5.1 track. Just wish the 1.0 mono track was uncompressed.

Audio
English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
English: Dolby Digital Mono
German: DTS 5.1
French: Dolby Digital 5.1 (448 kbps)

Subtitles
English SDH, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, Korean, Mandarin (Simplified), Thai

I think this is the information from the old disc.

According to the information from www.caps-a-holic.com, the following is the audio and subtitle of the new UK disc.

AUDIO:

English DTS-HD MA 5.1
English Dolby Digital 1.0
Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1
French DTS 5.1
German DTS-HD MA 1.0
Portuguese Dolby Digital 5.1

SUBTITLES:

English, Spanish, French, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish

How does Amazon pack their steelbooks these days?

Last one I got was in a big package with lots of air space (frustrations free packaging?) and the steelbook had a huge dent on the front :angry:

Complained and was told to keep it + refund. I threw it out. Couldn't salvage the remnants of the damned thing (Oblivion steelie).

I've had a recent delivery for this steelbook in a horrible A1 card mailer, as mentioned earliar, easy to dent and get scratches. The frustration free deliveries I have had were all secure and no problems, maybe you were unlucky.

Last edited:
Im happy with this steelbook, it look awesome actually tbf... but i do hate it when a steelbook looks white or grey in the advertisements then arrives shiny. Similar dissapointment to the studio Ghibli steels but they still made them look good

Reactions: Skog
An 18 rated film with "moderate violence", weird the BBFC has this film recorded on their site with different content advisory so seems they made a printing error ;)

Reactions: lolwut
An 18 rated film with "moderate violence", weird the BBFC has this film recorded on their site with different content advisory so seems they made a printing error ;)

BBFC rating is 18
Classified date 24/04/2014
10351535_10203694108333791_4134392591936628665_n.jpg

The BBFC Website has this version and previous extended versions by WARNER/MGM/FOX as 18 Cert
Some Previous versions were 15 cert and they have not updated the Cert description to describe its 18
Screenshot (20).jpg

Reason for 18 Cert is extended content and new extras content making it an 18 Cert

It is an 18 Cert

Note the DVD was also 18 Cert when released in 2004

IFCO rating (Rep of Ireland) is 15 Cert

How can it be an 18 for moderate violence? There are plenty of 15 rated films with strong violence.

I agree compared to some modern films which is only 15 Cert some of them the subject matter has more violence and adult content etc
than The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

But they have continued to give this Cert of 18 except for 2 previous releases they gave a 15 cert

The Extras are often the reason for a cert of 18 as it can discuss subject matter that is considered 18 cert
There are some DVD/Blu-ray releases of some films were the film itself is 12 or 15 but the extras make it an 18 Cert

There is one scene in the film and some other content they consider to be not suitable for under 18 but its a major part of the film and to remove it would be not feasible to continuity of the film

The Steelbook itself is nice but it could have been a lot better with different Artwork Design

Reactions: sross1810
i do hate it when a steelbook looks white or grey in the advertisements then arrives shiny.

I agree with you i was surprised how different it looked compared to the pictures of it but i am really happy with the whole release, the transfer and the steelbook. A review is up now on br.com and its a damn good review and i agree with it all the way.

Watched this last night,the word Masterpiece can get easily bandied about but it's not until you see something like this that you realise just how good it is.
It's the best I've seen it look at home and wished my Grandad was still with me ,he'd have loved watching it.
A soldiers story still one of the most moving and heartfelt tunes to ever grace celluloid and this Steelbook should be in everybody's collection,understated and the inside artwork a reminder of just how brilliantly edited that scene was.