The Grey (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Media Exclusive #16) [Korea]

rj531

Rock Ninja/Steelbook Contributor
Premium Supporter
Dec 30, 2011
Up North Canada
Release date: January 31, 2018 (Pre-order January 18 at 10 PM Korea time)
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular Slip - 1/4 Slip - One-Click
Price: TBA
Notes: Full Slip: 1200 copies - Lenticular Slip: 1200 copies - 1/4 Slip: 700 copies - One-Click: 300 copies

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here I found it.

Cheers mate

Yeah that lenti does look crisp. Just not a fan of the actual image used for it and thn back too so it will be the full slip for me when I get around to getting it

Believe me, it looks much better in reality. @Flloydo
The only thing it's missing are some more snowflakes. But that's a very minor complaint.
I had both editions at hand and would still rather go for the lenti than the full slip. Then again you can't really go wrong with either. Such a nice release. :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and harry
The lenti is crisp and clear there just isn't very much 3d depth or movement in it in my opinion. It's a good lenti for clarity but overall it's not up there with some of Novas best like edge of tomorrow or John Wick

Dont see why some are not happy with the steelbook artwork choice! Its absolutely the ONLY choice for the front cover in my opinion!

"Once more into the fray,
Into the last good fight i shall ever know,
Live and die on this day,
Live and die on this day...

AViT

Full Slip for me on this one , on its way!

The lenti is crisp and clear there just isn't very much 3d depth or movement in it in my opinion. It's a good lenti for clarity but overall it's not up there with some of Novas best like edge of tomorrow or John Wick

this is my favorite type of lenti. crisp and clear... lots of depth, with very little 3D "movement".

imo this lenticular is one of the best i've seen.

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
this is my favorite type of lenti. crisp and clear... lots of depth, with very little 3D "movement".

imo this lenticular is one of the best i've seen.

I'd say the basic function of a lenticular image is to be 3-dimensional with yes "3d movement", without it then what's the point.

I had another look at this lenti a moment ago. Yes the detail on Liam Neesam is crisp but I wouldn't say it has "lots of depth", there is literally him with minimum movement and some blurry snow in the foreground.

I much prefer one like their Edge of Tomorrow which does have an equal to if not better level of clarity, good "3d movement" and actually has lots of depth not to mention it does all this with a much busier image which is something in it self

I'd say the basic function of a lenticular image is to be 3-dimensional with yes "3d movement", without it then what's the point.

I had another look at this lenti a moment ago. Yes the detail on Liam Neesam is crisp but I wouldn't say it has "lots of depth", there is literally him with minimum movement and some blurry snow in the foreground.

I much prefer one like their Edge of Tomorrow which does have an equal to if not better level of clarity, good "3d movement" and actually has lots of depth not to mention it does all this with a much busier image which is something in it self

I've seen my share of lenticulars. My absolute favorite is 3D depth with minimal (preferably zero) movement and no transition. Give me a deep crystal clear single lenticular image over all that other stuff any day.

Well I respect your tastes but this lenti is crystal clear yeah ,deep no. In my opinion.

I too have seen my share of lenticulars, I'm a lenti collector first and foremost and I grade the best ones as having all 3 factors: depth, clarity AND movement

Besides, I'm not quite sure how you can properly appreciate depth without a good "3d movement"

Last edited:

Yep. EOT is one of the best lentis ever.

Ordered a fullslip off an eBay seller! You people here with your photos are such a bad influence!! Hope I love the film!:rofl::cold:

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Cheaper than direct? :naughty:

From what I was going to end up paying direct to what I paid I saved £20.

It's still available from Nova.

You could have combined it with Reservoir Dogs if so inclined!

I could have but to be honest I already have the reservoir dogs Mondo steel and at the minute don't dig the movie enough to upgrade at the minute!