The Guest (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Dec 13, 2013
West Sussex, UK
Purchase: Zavvi (live now!)
Release: December 29,2014
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi exclusive

TheGuest_BD_steelbook_3D.JPG

I know nothing *official* has been said but I tweeted Icon today and this was the response:

https://twitter.com/LGrima/status/525292369399541760

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, don't think the distributors have any say whatsoever in the design process so wouldn't matter too much who got their hands on this release if we are to see a steelbook release.
For the record, did you see the movie? If so, thoughts??

True. Overall I was just hoping for some art to set it apart from the regular case - and now we have it. It's cool but looking a bit awkward to me below the neckline... can't decide if its because its a poor extension or simply because my eyes have been used to the quad poster which doesn't have anything below the tip of his shoulders in there.

Pretty good film although I think reading up on it at all will betray you a little bit. It's much better if you take it at face value and as soon as that title pops up you know you're in for something a little different than to how it was advertised. Comparisons to flicks like Drive are definitely apt, however I think its actually a smarter film than just filling the synthy, luminous badass shoes of that type and goes for more of a satirical effect that provides a good amount of humour.

Probably going to go for this steel...sub £20 though please! ;)

I'm really surprised that not many people knew about it but then again it was only in the cinema for all of a week with next to none marketing I hope it does well with home release

Reactions: Last Lizard
Based on the streaky matte finish Icon put out for Apocalypto and the better artwork choices available (one of which was posted earlier) I will be passing on this.

I personally think this is awful. The soundtrack cover (which somebody put up on the previous page) would have been absolutely perfect.

Ahh, I disagree with you there. I've been hoping ever since that soundtrack cover was posted a page back that they wouldn't go for that for the steelbook cover. I think this cover suits the tone of the film a lot better. For me 'The Guest' is kinda like a odd version of Halloween featuring Michael Myers sans mask coming to live with Laurie Strode. And so that cover with Dan Stevens staring back at you has that perfect horror vibe for me. Where as the soundtrack cover has more of an action movie feel to it. I dunno. I'm naff at explaining... my opinions. Haha.

Reactions: jonnie123
Heard alot of praise for this film deffinetly will be watching this hope its as good as expecting it to be...

Honestly I'm not surprised they wanted Dan Stevens face on the cover over Maika Monroe's legs. Its the kinda role that's putting him out there as a credible lead. In a sense Maika on the OST makes more sense since she's one in the movie doing all the mixtape cd's and listening to her tunes all the time. Still I woulda preferred the soundtrack art here too but I'll live.

More I look at the cover the less I like it! gonna pass on this and either pick up the amaray or hope another country gets better art. Ace film, but the art is just garbage.