The Guest (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Dec 13, 2013
West Sussex, UK
Purchase: Zavvi (live now!)
Release: December 29,2014
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi exclusive

TheGuest_BD_steelbook_3D.JPG

I know nothing *official* has been said but I tweeted Icon today and this was the response:

https://twitter.com/LGrima/status/525292369399541760

Last edited by a moderator:
Dispatched...at 17.99 and not the 14.99 it has dropped to, So much for the price promise. Why do I feel like I'm dealing with a dodgy Ebay seller when I deal with Zavvi.

Dispatched...at 17.99 and not the 14.99 it has dropped to, So much for the price promise. Why do I feel like I'm dealing with a dodgy Ebay seller when I deal with Zavvi.

Should have cancelled and reordered at the new price as Zavvi don't honour the promise on dispatch. If you want the price difference you will have to contact them and ask for it after you have received the item.

Thanks for that , I'm a fan of both the films you mentioned so hopefully should be good
While a lot seem to like this I thought it was one of the worst films I've ever seen. Action scenes were terrible and A lot of bad acting in it. Especially from the guy who's after the main protagonist. Just plain awful.

Reactions: morfeusz
The acting isn't even the worst thing about this film, I would say it's the stupid way the characters behave in relation to "the guest".

Genuine spoilers below - you've been warned!!!

1. The fact that the girl seriously suspects him after just one potentially innocent phone call she overhears. 2. The fact that the father hates a stanger turning up then the next day absolutely loves him and doesn't want him to leave. 3. The fact that the boy isn't remotely bothered about the fact that this guy has MURDERED several people in cold blood including his sister's girlfriend. There was probably other stupid stuff that I've forgotten too.

The acting isn't even the worst thing about this film, I would say it's the stupid way the characters behave in relation to "the guest".

1. The fact that the girl seriously suspects him after just one potentially innocent phone call she overhears. 2. The fact that the father hates a stanger turning up then the next day absolutely loves him and doesn't want him to leave. 3. The fact that the boy isn't remotely bothered about the fact that this guy has MURDERED several people in cold blood including his sister's girlfriend. There was probably other stupid stuff that I've forgotten too.

I just see it as a bit of light entertainment. You're gonna have a ball if you look into all the technical details. I enjoyed this more than several other overhyped films I've seen this year.

I think you're being a little harsh. I think all or most of that can be explained rather easily.

1] I don't see the stupid in this particular example. I think this is just the consequence of the directors wanting the film to go at quite a brisk pace. I'll grant you that maybe the flick needed an extra scene or two where their relationship is less strained. Although in the end I don't think it's that stupid that Anna became a bit suspicious of David who, as you say right there, is a stranger. 2] The father is a bit of an alcoholic really, don't you think? Prone to mood-swings and all that. In nearly every scene with David he asks him if he wants a drink. Besides I don't think the father ever "hated" this stranger turning up out of the blue. Sure he was a little wary and sceptical of it all initially but he came around once he got to know David. He also didn't have the greatest relationships with his wife and daughter... and so he came around to the idea of having another grown man in the house he could share a few beers with. That all seemed fine to me. 3] Okay, this one is slightly daft but you have to remember that the boy literally has zero friends... and then this fellow who is seemingly the coolest guy in the world shows up to be his best friend. I can kinda understand why that character sorta didn't really care about the possibility of David killing people he didn't really know especially since David protected him so powerfully from those school-bullies in the bar. Again I admit that this last one is slightly daft... but I don't think it ruins the film or anything. He mentions how he only really has friends on the internet. He's a teenage boy who is ever so slightly detached from reality and whatnot. Now if he was still on David's side after finding out that David killed both his parents then I think that would be much more daft/stupid.

Long story short... I obviously enjoyed this film a lot more than you did. Haha. I do respect your thoughts and criticisms but I just think that the film has a lot more going for it than against it.

re- the price promise- Zavvi always charge the price you ordered for and then refund the difference a couple of days later, if they don't chase them until they do (both of these have happened to me in the past) .

name one film that does not have these kind of 'stupidness' and I correct you :rofl:

I just see it as a bit of light entertainment. You're gonna have a ball if you look into all the technical details. I enjoyed this more than several other overhyped films I've seen this year.

me too. and the ost is great ! :thumbs: