Price: £19.99
HDN Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus hosting

01-288712.jpg

pics below from luke :thumbs:

the_hateful_eight_packshot_open_outside-1-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.234579

the_hateful_eight_packshot_inside-2-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.234580

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna contact hmv about my misaligned embossing. I'll post how it goes
Please post pic of misaligned embossed title . . . or won't the issue show up ?

Goes against the grain and only do it on items I think may not hang around for long (CIVIL WAR, DEADPOOL, RAMBO 4, LAST ACTION HERO etc.) but seriously considering ordering this at full price - depending on how H8FUL sells may prompt EIV to take the BLADE 2 & 3 steelbooks off the back burner and hoping for a matching BLADE at the same time to complete the set though accept that's with a different distributor (WB) . . .

Last edited:
Please post pic of misaligned embossed title . . . or won't the issue show up ?

Goes against the grain and only do it on items I think may not hang around for long (CIVIL WAR, DEADPOOL, RAMBO 4, LAST ACTION HERO etc.) but seriously considering ordering this at full price - depending on how H8FUL sells may prompt EIV to take the BLADE 2 & 3 steelbooks off the back burner and hoping for a matching BLADE at the same time to complete the set though accept that's with a different distributor (WB) . . .

Will do when I'm back home. I think it will show

Reactions: virkia
View attachment 238448 View attachment 238449

You can just about see it how the embossing and writing don't align
Mate. I can't just about see it, I can see nothing else but it. :wow:

Can't believe they'd let this get through. Just hope everyone who had the same issue do the same to highlight the problem. Hopefully then they'll know how much it means to their customers and that they can't get away with it in future.

Cheers for sharing mate and let us know how you get on. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: metalpaul1000
Wow ! 3 copies ! that's what I call dedication !:) Most I ever bought was 2 of any title (from 2008 to aways into 2012) and that was one to open and t'other to keep sealed.
What's it to be . . . one to keep sealed, one to open and watch and one to give to a friend/sell when it goes OOP ?
No answer necessary if the question is indiscreet and the old answer may apply "No. The question isn't indiscreet . . . but the answer could be . . ."

Forgot to ask before: Why no HMV exclusive stickers on any of the three ?

Last edited:
View attachment 238448 View attachment 238449

You can just about see it how the embossing and writing don't align
Appreciate the pics but not really seeing it myself - unlike everyone else - unless it's the black shadows around the embossing which means that only the lower 2/3rds of the title is embossed with the embossing slightly lower than the actual printed letters and the top 1/3rd of the title is not embossed . . . . ?

Strewth, you'd have thought that with only the tiniest bit of 'bossing on this steelbook they would have got it right on all copies . . .
Looks like another quality control issue but not in the same league as the recent issue with the ADVENTURELAND steelbook where the front image on at least one (LOL) copy was r e a l l y badly off-centre.

Last edited:
Looks like it has been intentionally embossed like that to create a shadow on the text.

I'm not too sure about that, it looks well off. (Unless your joking)
Seen this many times when it's hugely misaligned and some are saying theirs is aligned perfectly so they have definatley had quality control issues on this release. Shame. I'll pick it up when it's £12.99 and hope I get a decent copy
I can also see bleeding in some photos from the art going into the border, very badly done IMO

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: InAFalsetto